Reymundo Enrique 10/7/13

New Arrivals at the Candy Shoppe

Share your sweetie's birth story.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To New Arrivals at the Candy Shoppe LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2013, 11:52 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sunday, 10/6 was just another day. No real contractions that were timeable, very tired though and lots of pelvic pressure. I helped my dd clean her room that day, for about 2hrs. I sat on the floor and just scooted around for the entire time, without getting up. I picked up all the garbage and help sort clothes in her drawer (bigger task than most, lol). After I was done, about 5pm, I started dinner. I was even more exhausted and the soreness of sitting on the floor for that long was getting to me.

We all sat around the table and I served dinner to everyone, and was just about done eating when I felt a "warm trickle" ooze out of me. I freaked and thought "MY WATER JUST BROKE", when another bigger trickle came out. It was warm and wet and I got up to run to the bathroom. On the way there, I look down and see blood trailing me, not water....its all over my pants, all over the chair I was sitting on. I get to bathroom, wipe and its dark red blood. I sit over the toilet and I get two big gushes......fills the toilet bright red and clots. I grab a towel, put pressure on my privates and have Jerry call 911. Ambulance gets here in about 5min and I have settled down on the bleeding a little. Still coming out, but not gushing. I soak the towel I had put between my legs.

Get to the hospital about 7:20pm, get hooked up to monitors, contracting some and bleeding is easing up. Baby looks great on the monitors and we order an u/s. Im all by myself at this point, Jerry has to wait for my sister arrival which was a 1.5hrs away. I get the u/s and we see no placental issues, just a blood clot in the placenta. Fluid, baby all look good, 8/8 on the BPP. At 10pm, I was told to stay overnight for monitoring and see what the plan was in the am.

I don't sleep of course.......Im so worried they will send me home. I so worried I will get home and loose this baby and myself. No one understands why I'm hysterical, they all assure me baby is just fine. But I know he's not, I don't care what the machines are saying. At 10am, dr. comes in and says all looks good, I went from finger tip the night before to 2cm that morning. Im not contracting alot, but steady. bleeding is still minimal, but still there. Im told to go home, baby is too early to come (35w6d) they want at least one more week. I freak out, again, hysterical to beyond words. I ask to speak with another dr. MFM. I get there about noon, get another u/s, and speak with the head dr. I know well. Baby looks good, fluid is good, placenta lakes are still there and blood clot. Dr. looks me in the eyes as he opens the door to leave my room and says "What do you want to happen today, Lori?". I respond" I want this baby delivered today", I don't trust what is going to happen next.". He replies" If you were anyone else, I would say go home and rest, but I don't like the look in your eyes.....were taking him today. He is big enough, he will be fine on the outside. Why go home and wait for labor or hemmorage? Makes no sense.

With that, Im set up for induction around 1pm on Monday afternoon. I quickly move to a 3cm before the pit is even started. Contractions are coming about 2.5min, but bearable, I get the epi in place. Im comfy, baby looks good. At about 6pm, I feel a warm trickle down my legs.......Im numb, but I feel wet. I have Jerry look to confirm if water or blood, its blood. I tell the nurse assistant to get my nurse, she leaves and never comes back. 5 min later, I feel a gush, more blood. I push the nurse button and demand to be looked at, my 9mo pregnant nurse comes in and at the same time I "gush" again......Im now sitting in 2 inches of a blood pool, on the bed.....she freaks out and gets the head nurse.....another gush, large clots.......head nurse calls code blue and orders stat c section. baby's heart beat gos from 140 to 100 to 80 and at that point, Im loosing consiousness. Im in and out, people are screaming in my face to stay with them.....I see them, but dont understand whats happening. I tell my dh I love him, save my baby and tell my other kids "Im sorry". We get to the or and the nurse screams for everyone to shut up so she can hear the monitor again. We have a h/b, its 138bpm, wait.....I think its Lori's, not the baby's. Wait, it's the baby's, but its dropping again.......wait, the baby's heart beat is gone. Nurse shouts out "get the baby out stat, SPLASH AND GASH, were her exact words. Im in a dayze, I know Im getting a general any second, but can feel the pressure of them cutting already. I look up at someone and tell them to save my baby. Im now put under.

I awake to find out my baby is alive! Im already on my second blood transfusion with the third in place. I can't breathe well, Im out of it. About an hour later, Im more coherent and ask dh how the baby is. He says he is fine and doing well. Baby's heart beat was flat line for about 60 seconds before they got him out........just in time.

I finally hold my 6lb 7oz baby boy for the first time 12hrs after his birth. The pregnant nurse that was with me, who saved our lives, has been relieved for the day.....she cant function and is taken to a room with 2 other nurses to calm her down. She has never been in this situation before, even though she is seasoned (5yrs l&d and 5yrs nicu nurse). My heart breaks for her. I want to thank her, but she is gone now.

My Dr. comes in the next day, my OB, and tells me how if I had been released when his partner asked my discharge, I would of died in front of my kids at home......I would of never made it back to the hospital, and my baby would of been dead too. He has never seen a woman get so frantic as I did that day to stay in the hospital. He said it was my mothers instinct that saved us, something medical science will never understand. All my tests were fine.

So with this last baby, EVER, I go out with a bang for sure. My tubes could not be tied as they won't sterilize a woman in an emergency like this without consent and I was under general at the time. I will go back in 6wks though to get my tubes tied. I will never tempt fate again, not at my age. I knew with all my heart that I was destined to have something like this happen, that's why I was so adimant on staying in the hospital.

My baby and I were released together on Thursday, 10/10. Im very lucky, very blessed, and fortunate to have him hear next to me. He is trully my little miracle.......meant to be sure, even if not planned.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

October 11th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Erin1826's Avatar Super Mommy
Thank you for sharing, Lori. How scary! I'm so happy you and Rey got a happy ending. <3
October 11th, 2013, 01:28 PM
HappyBabyB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow that was an incredible story, you got me tearing up over here. I'm so glad you were adamant and did not go home. I'm so happy for you and your baby!

October 11th, 2013, 02:02 PM
outtheblue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I teared up a bit as well, that is so scary, I can't even imagine. So glad you guys are doing okay.

October 11th, 2013, 02:04 PM
hotpinkheels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG. I'm so glad you stuck to your guns.... So happy for you and so glad he's here safe and sound... ((Hugs))
October 11th, 2013, 02:40 PM
mindyjean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so glad everything turned out well for you both!!! Enjoy the little guy!

Cycle #1: Antagonist protocol. 150 mL of bravelle and menopur for 8 days. Added ganirelix 2 days before ER and triggered with lupron and pregnyl.

13 eggs retrieved, 10 mature, 5 fertilized with ICSI, 2 made it to day 6, both abnormals. No transfer.

We will cycle again-stims start September 6, 2014!
October 11th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow. What a blessing.
October 11th, 2013, 05:53 PM
ducksaresnazzy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
that is terrifying. SO glad you and baby Ray are home safe and sound!! my chest starting hurting at the part where they tried to send you home, even though i know this had a happy ending:/
October 11th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Super Mommy
What a powerful story. I'm so so happy that you and Ray are safe and healthy, and thank God that you demanded to stay at the hospital.
October 11th, 2013, 07:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry you had to go through all that. I'm glad you didn't back down and made them keep you in the hospital.

So happy both you and baby are both safe. Congrats on your little miracle!

October 11th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Super Mommy
I knew God would see you through.
October 11th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so glad that you both made it out in good condition! I'm so glad that you followed your instincts. Mothers intuition is able to save lives!

October 11th, 2013, 08:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Aw, that story. I'm so sorry you had to go through such trauma but I'm really glad you listened to yourself. I'm so thankful you're both here, alive.

Introducing the Minis

October 11th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh my goodness! You have a story to tell for sure! Great szed baby for not quite 36 weeks and love that he was able to come home right away!!! Was that your only c/s ever? I hope you take off more time than you were planning to and rest up mama!!!
October 11th, 2013, 09:04 PM
elizabethchallis's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my gosh! I'm so glad you and your baby are here and safe. What a traumatic experience you went through. I'm so sorry your last birth was like that. Thank you for sharing with us! Definitely crying over here!

6 weeks 10 weeks 4 weeks

October 12th, 2013, 12:31 AM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow. Just wow. I'm so glad you stuck to your guns. How scary. Wow. I've got tears in my eyes.
October 12th, 2013, 03:29 AM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WOW thank you for sharing your story. Although very scary it is still a miracle.I literally shed tears but is thankful for your outcome.Be blessed and love on your baby even harder <3

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
October 12th, 2013, 08:54 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Kris~ View Post
Oh my goodness! You have a story to tell for sure! Great szed baby for not quite 36 weeks and love that he was able to come home right away!!! Was that your only c/s ever? I hope you take off more time than you were planning to and rest up mama!!!

Yes, first and only c-sec out of 8 kids. I guess I feel like a more well rounded mom now, lol. Also, I'm a mortgage loan officer and was qualifying borrowers up until the surgery, and started again about 24hrs after his horrific birth......I will not be in the office for a couple more weeks, but on the phone constantly until then! People need homes too!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

October 12th, 2013, 09:38 AM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
wow super mom

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
October 12th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I couldn't even imagine how scary that must have been! So thankful that you followed your instincts. Hug and kiss that sweet baby boy and all of your other kids too. ~hugs~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search