Tobianne's Birth Story and Pics! :)

New Arrivals at the Candy Shoppe

Share your sweetie's birth story.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To New Arrivals at the Candy Shoppe LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 25th, 2013, 05:44 AM
Super Mommy
We got to the hospital at 9 Wednesday night to be admitted for my induction. First thing I noticed while at the check-in desk was there was an open room and it was numbered 2222. I got excited telling DH what if that was our room that would be so lucky because 22 has always been my lucky number my whole life and sure enough the nurse walked us into that room Score! They got my IV started and hooked me up to the contraction and baby heart monitor. Everything there was looking good. She checked me around 10pm and I was still a good fingertip or 1cm, 75% effaced and baby girl was still way up there. She told me the cervix medication they were giving me was stronger than cervadil (spelling?) and that itís possible I could use several doses about 3hrs apart. She also mentioned that inserting the pill behind my cervix was probably going to be the ďWorst Pelvic ExamĒ you have ever had, but said maybe not since it was my 3rd. OMG she was not lying, first off I couldnít help but crawl upwards in the bed to get away from her evil fingers so she had to set me on a bed pan to keep me still. So thatís that, and off to rest I go. 12:15-30ish rolls around and the nurse comes in slightly panicked and tells me that they keep losing her heart rate with my contractions. My contractions were back to back and causing her stress. I was put on oxygen, shifted positions multiple times and finally given the turb injection (meds to stop pre-term contractions) to slow them down so baby girl could relax a bit. I also opted for IV pain meds in the meantime as the contractions were getting quite intense. The Pitocin was supposed to be started at 1am but was postponed until my contractions and her heart rate improved. Contractions and her heart rate settled down around 2am, the nurse checked me and I was 4cm WooHoo!!!! My OB ordered the Pitocin to go ahead and be administered. I also elected to go ahead and get my epidural, we decided that given my history of short labor, and the fact I was progressing very well it was the best option and I could get more rest. By 3:30 the epidural was inserted and began working quickly. Baby girl was content only for a bit and again began having distress due to my contractions again. The words Emergency C-Section was mentioned but we found that lying on my back (although the nurses and doctors least favorite position) worked best for her and she started to calm back down again, especially with me staying on the oxygen. I did get some sleep in between adjustments and vitals checks. Around 5am the nurse came in and checked me and I was a good 6cm and almost 100% effaced. Baby girl had moved down quite a bit but for some reason had planted her butt and feet in the right side of my rib cage and it was killing me with pressure and shortness of breath as each contraction came and went but the epidural was picking up most of the discomfort. 7am comes and my OB comes in, checks me and says I am 100% complete and as soon as I felt like pushing we could deliver, he would come back and check on me in an hour. In the meantime he mentioned if I felt the urge to push to wait and have him paged first. So 7:15am Iím really feeling like I need to push. The nurse gets everything set up, my OB walks in at 7:30am, I get my feet up, DH gets into position to help me grin and bear and my OB says oh well her head is already coming down, I give 1 good push he tells me to stop that her head and half her shoulders are out, then before my next contraction and push she slides right on out. She cries after a few moments, is placed directly on my chest so we can begin our skin to skin bonding. After about 5 min of cuddling she is weighed at 5lbs 4oz. She is given back to me and she starts to nurse almost immediately, she roots and nurses for about 10 min on each side then the nursery staff comes in to bathe her in our room. She is then measured at 18 ĹĒ long. Her blood sugar was normal, BP great, no oxygen needed, and all else checked out just fine. I didnít tear or need any further treatment and was released by my OB to go to my anti-partum room with my baby girl and DH.
The one and only thing my OB mentioned after her birth was while searching and cleaning me up and double checking everything he kept commenting on how small my placenta was?! He said he canít be sure as to why but that he suspects me having a small placenta is what probably led to her to stop growing as we got to the end of the trimester. He even had a few nurses come in and look at how small it was. He spent quite some time looking for more in my uterus as at first he was determined it was in pieces but he found it in tact just very small. The other odd thing was when he came in at 7am to break my water he couldnít find the bag. He said he thinks it broke either during the night, but I never felt wet and or was told I was wet or it broke several days earlier (same thing, never felt wet)?!
Well thatís about it, other than possibly supplementing her some formula because sheís small thatís pretty much about it. I have been nursing her but since it takes a day or so for the milk to come in we donít want her to lose too much more weight than she already will. They are giving me the option to go home this evening or in the morning, the DH and I are going to think about it some more. Iím off to make him go get me some breakfast and do some pumping in the meantime. Thanks so much to everyone for your kind words and encouragement. I wish you all easy labor vibes and happy deliveries and canít wait to see more babies!

Very Proud Daddy!

My oldest DS Jacob is a great big brother!

Our Tobianne 10/24/13

DS # 1 Jacob is 7 years old
DS # 2 Austin is 3 years old
October 25th, 2013, 06:23 AM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats again! She's so tiny and adorable. That's strange that you didn't have a water bag....glad everything turned out ok

October 25th, 2013, 07:19 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG, she is just adorable! Congrats on a beautiful little girl and delivery!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

October 25th, 2013, 07:22 AM
FairyDustMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Adorable! So tiny! I am glad its all over for you (the labor part). When did the water break? Maybe while you were bathing/showering.. interesting.
I hope you get lots of rest and congratulations!!!
October 25th, 2013, 07:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I had the same thing happen with my water with my oldest. Had no clue when it broke, it must have been leaking the last several weeks and I just assumed it was discharge because it was never a lot at one time!

Glad to hear she is nursing so well already!
October 25th, 2013, 08:27 AM
MakeupMommy3's Avatar Super Mommy
She is adorable!! Great story and so glad its over for you. Now you can enjoy your baby girl!!
October 25th, 2013, 08:42 AM
HappyBabyB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! She is so adorable Thanks for sharing!

October 25th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh so tiny, and adorable! Love the pic with her tongue sticking out.

Congrats!

October 25th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
She is so cute, and your whole family looks so happy in these photos! Congratulations!

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
October 25th, 2013, 11:02 AM
outtheblue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She's so cute! Glad she's here healthy.

October 25th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Super Mommy
She is absolutely gorgeous!! Congrats mama!
October 25th, 2013, 08:32 PM
hotpinkheels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
<3 thanks for sharing. she is great!!
October 26th, 2013, 06:33 AM
Super Mommy
Congratulations. She is beautiful!
October 28th, 2013, 07:21 AM
polarbearmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on your beautiful girl!

October 28th, 2013, 09:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
she looks just like her 3d pic in the last picture. congrats once again.

Introducing the Minis

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search