Hazel's birth story

New Arrivals at the Candy Shoppe

Share your sweetie's birth story.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By keokonek

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To New Arrivals at the Candy Shoppe LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 3rd, 2013, 11:08 AM
Super Mommy
Iím finally getting a few minutes to write out Hazelís birth story.

The days leading up to her birth were really hard for me emotionally. My depression was flaring up, which it usually does toward the end of my pregnancies, so when I went in for my 39 week appt. I was ready to start talking about an induction date. At my appt. baby was looking good, I was dilated to 4 and 80% effaced, so we set up an induction for the 26th and the doctor did a really good membrane sweep. Since he was on call that night he said to come in even if the cramping/contractions I got were irregular.

The sweep was done around 2pm and by the time I got kids picked up from school and home around 3:30pm I was getting some pretty good contractions. When I was up and about they were around 4 min apart and pretty intense but when I would sit they pretty much went away. We called my mom to come stay with the kids and got some dinner made. I tried to keep moving around to hopefully get the contractions going more regularly. It was about 5pm when we left for the hospital and when we got there the contractions had pretty much stopped even when I was up walking so I was pretty disappointed thinking Iíd be going home. I got up to a room around 5:45pm and was hooked up and still having contractions, I just couldnít feel them. I was checked and dilated to 5cm so they said theyíd keep me. The doctor came in and broke my water around 6:45pm. At this point I was able to feel the contractions but they were very manageable. However, I knew I didnít want to go without the epi, I did it last time and said Iíd never do it again, so since the anesthesiologist was on the floor and wanting to go home I got that done. It was put in at a reduced dosage because I was also worried about not being able to feel when to push as that had happened with my first two. That had to have been around 7:30-7:45.

Over the next hour or so the nurse did some paperwork and we watched TV, the epi was working great as I was still feeling the contractions but only at like a 3-4 pain level. At this point the nurse wanted me to turn on my side as Hazelís HR was dropping with contractions. She checked me and I was at 6cm. When I turned to my side I started to feel the contractions pretty strongly on the right side so we decided to turn to the right to allow the epi to get to that side. Unfortunately, this made it worse. I could feel everything in my abdomen, the contractions were very strong and were coming back to back. She decided to check me again even though I wasnít feeling any pressure to push. Sure enough I was fully dilated and her head was right there so she paged the doc. After everything was over the nurse said it had only been about 20 minutes from when I initially laid on my side to when I was fully dilated. Iíd say it took the doc about 10 minutes to get there and ready to go, I pushed through two contractions and she was out at 9:25pm. She nursed for over an hour initially and finally weighed in at 7lb 13oz at about 11pm.
shana1979 likes this.
December 3rd, 2013, 08:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Nice quick labor! Congrats!

December 6th, 2013, 05:13 AM
FairyDustMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!
Glad you didn't have to push for long
My favorite part of labour was when the nurse said " have to get the doctor" reading this always makes me anticipate the baby!
December 6th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!!! If you have another you know to lay on your side to speed up delivery ;-)
December 7th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
Wow, what a quick, smooth, labor! It sounds like things went just about perfectly. Congratulations!

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
December 16th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Jealous of your quick labor! Congrats!
March 9th, 2014, 09:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
sounds like everything went wonderfully. i wonder why you have depression dips at the end of your pregnancies.

Introducing the Minis

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search