angry work rant

The Sour Patch

Vent away ladies.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Books_kids

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Sour Patch LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 3rd, 2013, 07:08 PM
ducksaresnazzy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
so, i just found this particular forum, and i have something i need to get off my chest.

there's a guy at my work, nk, who has worked here less than 2 weeks and already has a list of things he refuses to do: pans, dishes, the fryer.. it's a restaurant! what did he expect? so, my boss (she's leaving in 2 weeks and i'm replacing her, so we both clearly have seniority over him) told him to suck it up and do his job(s). and he said i can't "play the pregnancy card"; if he doesn't want to do the fryer, i have to do it. i can't "get all hormonal and make him do things he doesn't want".

it would have been one thing if he had said to us, "look, i'm not feeling it tonight, could one of you cover the fryer? i'll make it up to you by doing this (insert favor)." but no. he walks in and TELLS us he's not doing it. AND THEN he says I have to do it to show that i still do my job while pregnant? i run the sub table, the pizza table, and the oven while i'm there. we all have our place there, and i know mine. the girl i'm replacing knows her tasks, and it's about darn time nk learns his.

to top it off, he's.. weird. he keeps telling us how his girlfriend doesn't trust him not to have sex with us. uhm, i'm pregnant, and the other girl is leaving for college soon.. we are NO threat to her at all. it's borderline creepy.

ugh. sigh. end rant.
August 3rd, 2013, 08:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like he really doesn't want the job! Can a higher up person set him straight?
August 3rd, 2013, 08:47 PM
the owner called him out on it, and pretty much told him that he was hired to do everything, not just what he decided to pick and choose. but as soon as he left, nk was back at it "i don't do dishes" "i wiped pans last night, do i have to do it again?" we have a routine with newbies where we have them do the harder things (pans, frying, wing buckets) constantly until they're mastered. he thinks he's above it for some reason.
August 3rd, 2013, 09:14 PM
Cupcake2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh he sounds lazy! I think he should be fired if he doesn't straighten up asap.
August 3rd, 2013, 09:17 PM
that's how i feel- he says Bre and i are too hard on him. we just tell him to do his job without complaining like a 5 year old. i think his problem is that he's 22, and i'm 17, and i'm getting the promotion and he's not. but i have the seniority and the owner trusts me- it was offered to me, i didn't ask for it.
August 3rd, 2013, 09:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Is there a probationary period at this job? I'd document daily everything he's refusing to do. It'll make it easier for your boss to let him go.
ducksaresnazzy likes this.
August 3rd, 2013, 09:58 PM
there isn't- you get hired, and that's that. that's a good idea though- i work with him alone monday, i'll keep a list of his complaints/ refusals and show it to the owner.
August 6th, 2013, 04:46 AM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah I was gonna suggestvmaybe having the new workers in ordination period.

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
August 8th, 2013, 08:25 PM
FairyDustMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
THere is plenty ppl in the world who would love doing those tasks and be content.
I would fire him seems like a spoiled brat.. imagine what his poor mother has to deal with!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search