Stones & Glass Houses

The Sour Patch

Vent away ladies.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Sour Patch LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 5th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Bothered. So an FB friend posted her anger over her rising insurance premiums thanks to ACA. I get that; my job's trying to raise the out-of-pcoket maximum. But in her comments she said "should have majored in "welfare *****" after high school and had 5 kids by now and still be single living off the system then I would qualify for my tax dollars to be put towards my health care." I hate when people do/say that. Because I know what I had to do when I was younger w/ my two kids. I had it all: Section-8, food stamps, Medicaid, a monthly check for $300, WIC, and child care. And I STILL had to take out student loans in order to provide for my family b/c none of those things paid for regular everyday necessities: hair cuts, toiletries, clothing, transportation, insurance, etc.

And now here I am again 14 years later having to use food stamps and WIC. If I can, child care. People will say, "But you're who those things were made for, people having a hard time." My response to that is, "How do you know she isn't also." If a person feels that way about a stranger, it makes me wonder how she feels about me as a friend. Just like that "welfare *****", I'm not married and my soon-to-be 4 kids have different fathers, only one of which is not a deadbeat.

Are there people who take advantage of the system? Yes. But there are people on BOTH sides, haves & have nots, who do so. Some just wear a tie. Is having different fathers exclusive to "welfare ******"? Of course not. Some people are pros at getting the ring and divorcing over and over again so they get to be an ex-wife instead of a single mom/baby momma. I guess I'm saying stones and glass houses don't mix.

Introducing the Minis

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search