When will you have a baby shower?

Forum: March 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By MrsOrganization2011
  • 1 Post By Mommysjb
  • 1 Post By MommaLove13

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 28th, 2013, 07:01 AM
MrsOrganization2011's Avatar Veteran
This is my first pregnancy and although its super early to think about DH and I have always talked about this stuff and we decided a long time ago that we wouldn't have a Baby Shower until after our little bundle was home from the hospital.

Will you have your shower before? after? or not at all?
Dakotas_mom likes this.

Happily but Cautiously Awaiting our First!

June 28th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Won't have one. 3rd child for us and I think it gets tacky after having your first unless it a really long age gap between kids and different genders.
June 28th, 2013, 08:11 AM
I totally get that I found it very odd when a friend of mine had a second baby shower less than 2 years after her first and both children were boys and they knew it.

June 28th, 2013, 09:23 AM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't realize this was something you got to do by yourself? lol I thought someone did this for you as a surprise? That's the way mine was... That was 1999 though, has it changed?

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
June 28th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Some mothers do their own, sometimes their friends/coworkers throw it ... it all depends around my area for sure.

June 28th, 2013, 10:06 PM
Mommysjb's Avatar Veteran
My sister and I talked about it yesterday and we figured early february for a shower and again in late march for a meet the baby ... our family is close and it would never be a surprise
June 29th, 2013, 01:53 AM
Same with my family ... And I'm the organizer so even if someone in my family threw it I'd be helping organize it from start to finish haha

June 30th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Veteran
We are going to have a baby shower even though this is our 2nd, my in-laws and my sister and mom have said they want to throw me one lol. My DS is 6 years old so by the time the baby shower for this one rolls around it will of been 7 years since my last baby shower!

My Ovulation Chart
July 1st, 2013, 02:29 AM
See that is normal ... 6-7 years between showers is completely understandable but my friend was less than 3 years

July 1st, 2013, 05:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDmom6907 View Post
We are going to have a baby shower even though this is our 2nd, my in-laws and my sister and mom have said they want to throw me one lol. My DS is 6 years old so by the time the baby shower for this one rolls around it will of been 7 years since my last baby shower!
I think having a second shower because of large age gap is fine. I just think it's tacky when someone has a 1 year old, and then has another baby right away and has another shower. Especially when their first is still a baby they should have all the big items anyways. Also if it's the same gender they should have everything they need mostly.

My first two are 3 1/2 years apart and I saved everything but did have to replace a few things. This baby and my youngest will be 3 1/2 years apart and there are a few things we will need to replace but overall we don't need to buy much unless it's a boy since I have girl bedding/clothing/shoes ect..
July 3rd, 2013, 06:21 AM
Gamer_Princess's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This being our first we will have a shower. Most likely 2 between DH's family and mine I am not expecting it but they tend to go over board on wanting to do stuff

July 3rd, 2013, 06:44 AM
Mrs. D's Avatar Super Mommy
I probably won't have a shower unless someone really wants to throw one for me or on the off chance that its a girl. All we really need are some baby clothes, a bassinet, and a swing. I can get those from the thrift store (you know thrift store baby clothes are practically new anyway), grandparents (who will be chomping at the bit to shower goodies on the new grandbaby), and friends who have baby things their tikes have outgrown (I've given away many of DS's old things, too)

On top of that we used cloth diapers for DS and still have them. So diapers are pretty much covered, too!
July 3rd, 2013, 07:22 AM
LoveRunning's Avatar Veteran
Not sure! In my circle of friends, we always plan them for each other. They are never surprises, though. But I just moved away from my friends and family So I'm not sure what will happen.

July 3rd, 2013, 01:08 PM
Chai_Latte's Avatar Member
My in-laws will definitely throw us a shower. In our culture, the belief is doing it in the 5th or 7th month.
July 3rd, 2013, 01:22 PM
Super Mommy
Definitely gonna have a baby shower and most likely before.

<3 I have suffered 4 early M/C's since 2012. I am missing my 4 angels so much. My love for them all will never fade. <3

First M/C loss- 7/8 weeks
Second M/C loss- 4-5 weeks(Chemical)
Third M/C loss- 9 weeks and 4 days
Fourth M/C loss- 10 weeks

~No one else will never know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one that knows what my heart feels like on the inside~

<3 Praying and Hoping that my partner and I will be blessed with our miracle soon. <3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search