Twins?

Forum: March 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree22Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 13th, 2013, 04:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It's most likely that at least 1 mommy in here will have twins (or more) In my last DDC there were 3 mommies that had twins so I'm curious how many we will have in here!!!

Who in here would LOVE to have twins?

To be honest, I'd be freaked out. We TTC based on having 1 extra bed room, and being financially ok for 1 more baby but I feel twins would put a stress on us financially. Of course we would love and cherish them but I would be so scared!
July 13th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Regular
My BFF just found out she's having twins after planning carefully for a second. She's freaking out! Her older sister had twins, though, so the odds are higher.

I'm definitely hoping for one. It took us nearly 7 years to decide to have a second, so ending up with three would be very overwhelming. You get what you get, though, right? I'm 35, so I guess the odds are higher, but I'm crossing all crossables that we get one, single healthy munchkin. That's scary enough by itself!
July 13th, 2013, 04:56 PM
Melissa.Anne's Avatar Veteran
I have a really good chance .... Both of my parents are twins. My dad is identical and my mom is fraternal. My mom also has 2 sets of fraternal first cousins... And it skips a generation. So you never know... I personally am hoping I DON'T have twins!
July 13th, 2013, 05:22 PM
Super Mommy
I dont have any family around to help with twins but I wouldnt hate it.

July 14th, 2013, 04:50 PM
WhoaMomma!'s Avatar Danielle
I would love it. I really want 4 kids and DH only wants 3 so twins would mean I sneaked my 4th in but it's not likely to happen. My second dd probably had a vanishing twin and I am not silly enough to think lightning will strike twice

My daughter is perfect, but her birth was not. If you or someone you love is struggling to cope with a traumatic childbirth experience, please visit http://www.solaceformothers.org/
July 14th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Mommysjb's Avatar Veteran
The odds are high we are having twins... the husband thinks we are for sure but we will not know until Aug 1 appointment ... I want to know now not later that part I do not want to be a surprise the gender yes but not if I am packing 1 or 2 babies I would have liked to have one for my first and twins in my second pregnancy but we shall see... not looking forward to buying everything for 2 babies at once though ... talk about financial stain
July 14th, 2013, 09:01 PM
It's HIGHLY likely I'll be having twins based upon my 26 hour doubling HCG time. We transferred two blasts and I really didn't think they would both stick, but now I'm freaking out (and not in a good way as I really really don't want twins)! The doctor won't do an ultrasound until Aug 7, so I just have to wait and freak out until then. Sorry, this probably sounds horrible to those who would love to have twins.
July 14th, 2013, 09:32 PM
Mrs. D's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm genetically likely to have twins based on family history on my mother's side. It would be overwhelming, I'm sure. But a blessing nonetheless.
July 15th, 2013, 04:19 AM
Super Mommy
No thanks

Nah, I would feel lucky and blessed with anything that was given to us. But honestly, I prefer just one at a time.
smsturner likes this.
July 15th, 2013, 05:00 AM
StephanieMitchell's Avatar Super Mommy
Genetically, Im a bit more likley to have twins. My dads sisters are twins...but also, the test line on my hpt's have been VERY dark from the get go, so who knows..... Hoping for one, two might be a little much! lol

We were going to have a baby, but we had an angel instead
Feb. 2013 at 8wks
July 15th, 2013, 06:15 AM
Veteran
Hello! I am Due 3/16, and suspect twins. I have 12 year old fraternal twins and am 36 now so my chances are quite high!
July 15th, 2013, 06:41 AM
2014 Offshoremama78's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It could happen, I took soy isoflavones
this cycle, and I am over 35.. I wouldn't
mind, as this is our last...

My Ovulation Chart

Soy Iso Believer

Alexander Cameron Murphy
02/27/2014 - 02/27/2014
July 15th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
My sons playroom we have 3 sets as well.

For me its possible. We did IVF and put two embryos in. BUT I have done 4 cycles each with 2 embryos, and only had one take each time. So I doubt it, but you never know.

July 19th, 2013, 07:26 PM
jes81878's Avatar Jennifer
As of now, I'm expecting twins, but my doctor gave one a 50% chance of surviving. I have another ultrasound in 2 weeks, and we will know for certain if we will be expecting twins.
My Son 13
Husband no bio/children (but the best father ever to my two boys)
TTC for 4 years
IVF in June 2013 (BFP)
1st Beta (10dp5dt) #761

Boy/Girl Twins

July 19th, 2013, 07:27 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dont think I am (with my betas, am still barely holding out hope that there is one in there)...we did an IUI with Maiya - had 4 ripe eggs, and we only got her out of it, this one was natural, so I very much doubt it
July 19th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Super Mommy
I don't think so! Lol but we will see. We are hoping just one baby in here. I am not sure if it runs in the family. It would be a blessing but for this time around.. just one please

<3 I have suffered 4 early M/C's since 2012. I am missing my 4 angels so much. My love for them all will never fade. <3

First M/C loss- 7/8 weeks
Second M/C loss- 4-5 weeks(Chemical)
Third M/C loss- 9 weeks and 4 days
Fourth M/C loss- 10 weeks

~No one else will never know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one that knows what my heart feels like on the inside~

<3 Praying and Hoping that my partner and I will be blessed with our miracle soon. <3
July 19th, 2013, 11:06 PM
Ok, just an update. I paid to have an early ultrasound just because I couldn't stand to wait to see my doctor on August 7 and it's official. TWINS!! Ugh...I'm still in denial.
July 21st, 2013, 06:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would be over the moon with twins !!! This is my last go at pregnancy so whatever I get will be a true blessing. Bring on the doubles !!

July 21st, 2013, 07:06 AM
This will be my first, and due to my age it will likely be my last, pregnancy. The road to get here has been pretty long! If I could, I'd love to have twins. Instant family
Ally11 likes this.
July 21st, 2013, 07:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think I am having one (based on HcG) and that would definitely be my preference. They do run in my family (Dad is a Twin, my Brother and Sister are twins as are my cousins are twins), but they seem to run in almost everyone's family.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search