Joining in

Forum: March 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 14th, 2013, 09:27 AM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
Hey girls,

I just got a positive pregnancy test so I'm pretty sure I am due at the end of March.

This isn't what I was planning. We just had a baby last July (he'll be 1 in 2 weeks). I wanted to have like a 3 year gap between kids - it's not even going to be 2 years. I'm not really sure how I feel all around but I really liked being in a DDC last time so I'm joining again anyways.

Maybe some BTDT moms can calm me down. I'm a little freaked out. I wanted to feel like a regular adult again for a while, sans a breastfeeding infant, before I got pregnant. I needed a chance to breath. None of my friends have babies so I don't really have anyone to talk to who understands how I feel about this.

Still haven't told my SO. I guess that's the next step.

Pinterest
Flickr
July 14th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Super Mommy
Aww we'll I'm a first time mom, so I'm not much help, but my sister is actually due in a month with her third, and her second is only two years old. Well the second will actually turn two about a week before this baby is due. Crazy! Just like you it wasn't planned and she's kinda worried about it, but I know it's going to be okay! You can do it! Just try to look at the positives like your kids will be buddies because they are close in age! My sister and I are about 5 years apart, and we aren't very close. We could be closer but we're getting there. My brother and I are closer though because we are a little over two years apart.

Also, it's just my opinion but you need to tell SO. He deserves to know, and you might be surprised by how excited he is!

July 14th, 2013, 02:12 PM
HeatherLyn429's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to HeatherLyn429
Congrats! It'll be ok!
and introducing my new baby princess Penelope Kate born 3/18/14 5:35am 9lbs 5oz 22"
July 14th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Welcome and congratulations! My first two are 20 months apart. We planned them that way. The first year was tough (my husband was deployed the entire first year) but also easier because they weren't really in different stages for very long. They don't ever remember a time without each other and they're truly best friends, giving my son the gift of a sibling so close to him made it more than worth it. Now they can partake in the same activities which makes planning easier. You just figure out a juggling routine and go with it

#3 and #4 are going to be 32 months apart. I'm more concerned about having kids in different stages and all of their extra-curricular activities to juggle with an infant, but we'll make it work.
Army Spouse and Mama to DS (9/07) DD (5/09) DD (7/11) and Expecting #4! (3/19/14)

July 14th, 2013, 03:20 PM
LoveRunning's Avatar Veteran
Many hugs to you! I have no advice, as I'm a first timer. But your situation happened to a close friend of mine. She got pregnant when her son was 10 months old, very unexpected and she was totally freaked. Her babies are now 3 and 4, and she LOVES the small gap.

Congrats!

July 14th, 2013, 05:17 PM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
Thanks ladies!

Sorry, in my angst I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Jenn and I'm from Ontario Canada.

I told SO, and he's happy I think. He didn't believe me at first.

Pinterest
Flickr

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search