Funny Story today about my bruised arms from Betas!!

Forum: March 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 22nd, 2013, 11:06 PM
softbreeze's Avatar Super Mommy
Just for a giggle! So today I was checking through a cash and I noticed the lady in front of me kept looking at my arms. She would then proceed to llok at my two little girls in my cart and then give a disaproving look at me. I couldnt help but smile back at her quietly as i am sure she was thinking I was a heroin addict or something because of all the needle marks and bruises in both my inner elbow joints!! I have been having betas taken every two days for the past two weeks and it is starting to make my arms look horible! LOL!! Though it would make some of you giggle!
On the beta end - the continue to rise every 48 hours, but only between 700 - 1100 per time. I am only sitting now at 4678 and should be 6w4d according to my dates, so we are just holding on to prayers that this baby is just taking its time getting going or that I am just on low betas this time. No bleeding or major cramping, nausea on and off and tired still so hoping those are still good signs. Will continue to go every two days this week and have another US ont he 30th to see if there is more than a sac this time. Ugh... this is so stinkin hard to just wait and wait and pray and pray. I just really want ot be able to enjoy my last pregnancy and know that my baby is ok in there.
July 23rd, 2013, 01:32 AM
Super Mommy
I had that happen and the nurse pulled me aside and asked me if I am afraid of being alone at home, or if my husband and I need counseling, I was like WOAH no! This is from the first beta on 7/11 which is just now going away on 7/23.

And then they asked me if I were having cravings, I said yes, and the next question was "Are your cravings normal, or are they things like dirt, cement, paint chips, lead.." I was like Uh no, just grilled cheeses.

July 23rd, 2013, 05:11 AM
Veteran
lolol for both of you!!!

July 23rd, 2013, 08:46 AM
melissaleigh's Avatar Unashamed POASer
lol- I have some nasty bruises from betas. I've been going through IVF pretty consistently for over a year now so my arms have taken a beating. The nurse finally told me yesterday that my arms are done. Everytime she goes in for blood she blows a vein because they are just done. I go back on Wednesday for another Beta and she said she is going to use my ankle. YIKES!!!!!!
July 23rd, 2013, 08:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Your poor arms!

and Eeeek your ankle

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

July 23rd, 2013, 11:17 AM
MandyEllen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Like, Melissa, with IVF, my brother asked me a while ago if I was on drugs because of my arms. With IVF there can be numerous days in a row with bloodwork(sometimes up to 2 weeks or more). I find if you don't put pressure on that little needle mark every time for a few minutes, your arms bruise badly!
Glad you girls got a little chuckle out of the situation though!!! It's good to find humor in lots of things!
7/12/13 - 16 dpo beta=825
7/19/13 - 23 dpo beta=18,870
7/26/13 - 30 dpo beta=72,091

July 23rd, 2013, 05:34 PM
lilmeg's Avatar Veteran
It's really good you can laugh about these things. My arms were horribly bruised after having my son at the hospital. Between the blood tests and the IV I think they stuck me eight times? Luckily I didn't really go anywhere the first few weeks after we brought him home. Hope you get a break fom the poking at the end of the week and your US goes well.
BFP 10/23/10 -- partial molar MC
BFP 7/4/11- DD born 2/17/12 @ 37 weeks
BFP 7/20/13 Here we go again!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search