Weight control?

Forum: March 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2013, 07:04 AM
sydneyrose's Avatar Veteran
So, I never lost my baby weight from before and am feeling like a cow now since I'm becoming bloated and I just feel so... huge already.

Is there a way to keep baby weight down? Before, I was forced in the hospital to gain 20 lbs in a month on bed rest with twins.. And now, I should only gain like ten pounds.

Any suggestions on keeping weight down?
July 24th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Watch your portions, eat small snacks/meals throughout the day rather than 3 large meals. Drink lots of water it will help with the bloating.

My OB during my last pregnancy made a great point, just because your pregnant you always hear "you are eating for 2 now". Well that doesn't mean your eating for 2 ADULTS. Your eating for yourself plus a little extra for your baby. Your baby is the size of a small fruit, they don't need an additional 1000 calories a day, they get most of what they need from what you normally eat.
July 24th, 2013, 08:26 AM
melissaleigh's Avatar Unashamed POASer
I gained 80 lbs during my pregnancy with DD - Going to try really hard for that not to happen again this time. Took me a long time to lose it!
July 24th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I keep a food diary! I have an app on my phone called "lose it" and you can set it to maintain weight. It tells me how many calories to take in a day but I ignore that part and just use it as a simple food log. It keeps telling me I'm over my calories for the day but I just ignore that part and write down my meals and snacks.

I plan to keep using a food diary through my pregnancy to keep an eye on what all I eat. Hopefully this will help keep me from over indulging too much.
Empty arms likes this.
July 24th, 2013, 09:10 AM
I walked two miles pushing the stroller this morning and am watching my portions. I downloaded that app! It's a good diary for food and workouts! Thank you so much for your suggestions.

I am going to get healthier foods and prep them and portion them out so they are the first thing I grab when I open the fridge. Thank you ladies!

xx
madis-mama17 likes this.
July 24th, 2013, 09:10 AM
I walked two miles pushing the stroller this morning and am watching my portions. I downloaded that app! It's a good diary for food and workouts! Thank you so much for your suggestions.

I am going to get healthier foods and prep them and portion them out so they are the first thing I grab when I open the fridge. Thank you ladies!

xx

Is losing weight as I become further along bad?
July 24th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Good for you! I was going to mention walking. I walked through all my pregnancies and generally ended up in great shape and having gained very little weight maybe 10-15, which was gone when the baby arrived.

I began all my pregnancies above my ideal weight, but it didn't stop me from taking care of myself. I think you're on the right track - getting the right nutrition and moderate exercise goes a long way in keeping the pounds from piling on. I always lose before I gain due to morning sickness, but be careful you don't "diet" to lose weight during this time. This is not the time to focus on losing pounds If it happens, it happens, but please be gentle on yourself. Your body is working hard and needs fuel and rest!

My weight gain comes after I give birth. I am one of those unlucky mamas who lose my milk if I workout. Drives me nuts. This baby may be bottle fed after the first few weeks!
July 24th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Veteran
I thought we could post pics of our healthy/not so healthy meals to keep each other motivated... There could be a food thread... What do u girls think?? For example, this was my lunch today: pork pie, salad and veggies!
one.juniper likes this.

Last edited by Empty arms; July 24th, 2013 at 09:45 AM.
July 24th, 2013, 10:00 AM
That look delicious. Is that homemade?

@summersun; I totally understand what you mean. I'm hoping if I breast feed, I'll lose some baby weight. I didn't gain much weight until I was forced to last time but then again, that was with twins.

For some reason- being pregnant doesnt make me hungry- it makes me feel sick at the smell of food so I to force myself to eat BUT I am drink wayyyy more water than before. I've been drinking only water. Especially in this heat!
July 24th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneyrose View Post
That look delicious. Is that homemade?

@summersun; I totally understand what you mean. I'm hoping if I breast feed, I'll lose some baby weight. I didn't gain much weight until I was forced to last time but then again, that was with twins.

For some reason- being pregnant doesnt make me hungry- it makes me feel sick at the smell of food so I to force myself to eat BUT I am drink wayyyy more water than before. I've been drinking only water. Especially in this heat!
It is homemade, but it's nothing but pie pastry with fried pork, onions, bell peppers, egg and spinach in it. Very "last minute everything in the skillet" and then 8min in the oven. I assure you it does not taste as good as it looks!
And I'm OH SO ENVIOUS of you for not being hungry all the time!!! I ate that whole lunch, dessert, 1 candy bar, 1 microwave popcorn and 1 banana by myself!!
sydneyrose likes this.

July 24th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty arms View Post
It is homemade, but it's nothing but pie pastry with fried pork, onions, bell peppers, egg and spinach in it. Very "last minute everything in the skillet" and then 8min in the oven. I assure you it does not taste as good as it looks!
And I'm OH SO ENVIOUS of you for not being hungry all the time!!! I ate that whole lunch, dessert, 1 candy bar, 1 microwave popcorn and 1 banana by myself!!

It's not as great as it sounds- the smell of scramble eggs and the taste of cheese makes me sick. AND I LOVE CHEESE!

I had a chicken salad wrap and 1/4 apple before my stomach starte to hurt from being too full. It sucks. I have to literally force myself to eat because I just won't. Believe it or not, my family woul be all over that fried pork pie... Me on the other hand? I'd try it. Mmmm, like chicken pot pie.

Holy hell. Do you actually feel hungry? Or just crave things?
I wish I could have candy

Speaking of candy- I had kit Kat bars last night gave me the worst heart burn known to pregnant women...
Empty arms likes this.
July 24th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Veteran
Oh, it's a mix of craving AND feeling hungry! And it lasts the whole pregnancy! Last time I gained close to 40lbs. Thank god I am really thin, no one noticed it!!
I didn't have problems with the smell of food, ever!!
July 24th, 2013, 02:20 PM
You're so lucky I want to be thin and eat anything I want and not suffer!

I'm so jealous right now.
July 24th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Veteran
Oh no no no no!!! Just because people don't notice I gain weight, it doesn't mean I don't suffer! I'm used w/a flat stomach, so the belly fat that shows before the baby bump + bloating makes me feel terrible!!! LOL

July 24th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I need to eat better. I put on 3/4 lb my first week of knowing (despite a lot of exercize).

July 25th, 2013, 08:07 AM
I have a feelin most of my weight is water weight. Scale says I lost two pounds in a day... Anyways, went and bought all my fruits and veggies. Gonna go prepare them alone with bake some chicken to keep in fridge so when I get lazy, I don't resort to bad food.

Forgot to take a picture but I had a whole wheat English muffin with egg whites on it, low fat cheese and turkey sausage patty.

Was surprisingly very good. Going for my walk now!
Stay out of the heat, drink lots of water and have a good day ladies!

xx
Empty arms likes this.
July 25th, 2013, 11:10 AM
mom2ariana's Avatar Super Mommy
substitute. get low fat low calorie varieties. get wheat or whole grain instead of white. grab lean hamburger meat instead of regular. and exercise. i walk / bike for 15-20 minutes a day and will work on bumping it up. i wear a heartrate monitor to make sure i don't go over 120 bpm.
July 30th, 2013, 06:16 AM
Mommysjb's Avatar Veteran
I do not feel more hungry, but I do eat a little bit every few hours. I start off with cottage cheese or a protein shake that I may add a banana to. I am working on my feet for 9 hours a day with 2 ten min breaks and one 30 min lunch. I started this job 1 day before we tested positive and since I have lost 4 pounds and I am 9 weeks today. I am also 40 lbs over weight and I am trying really really hard not to gain a whole lot without hurting the baby. I home cook almost all meals from scratch and make lunches. I also have found I eat VERY slow now. dont know why but I stop when I am full. I know when I have a high protein breakfast it stays with me. I also have no morning sickness issues except for one day I was a little green. I dont know if that helps anyone else but thats what I do. I choose snacks that will stick with me, like cheese or nuts when I do get hungry and always have some nuts and a protein bar in my purse so I dont go crazy if I cant get to food when I do get hungry.
July 30th, 2013, 06:18 AM
Mommysjb's Avatar Veteran
Oh yea I was working out the first few weeks but now that I am working mandatory over time I just dont have the poop to do it. I come home and take care of the farm the house and cook dinner and thats all she wrote... getting some reading time in but we do go out every now and then but I am done by 9-9:30pm and ready for bed as I am up at 5am
July 31st, 2013, 02:42 PM
Nicole1481's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Last time I was pregnant I gained 0. I ended up with GD and had my diet nailed to a T. A good mix of protein and healthy carbs. Lots of fresh vegis. fruits and nuts. I had a very healthy 7lb 8oz baby. I plan to follow the same diet this time and hopefully avoid GD all together. Ideally Id like to gain 0 again.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search