Working mom, SAHM, WAHM???

Forum: March 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree17Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2013, 09:33 PM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
What will you be when baby comes? A working outside the home mom? Stay at home mom (SAHM), a work at home mom (WAHM), or maybe part time working?

I am a SAHM/ WAHM. I sell baby items/ quilts/ blankets/ hats that sort of thing. I am also a photographer, but just not driven by it at the moment.

July 29th, 2013, 09:39 PM
sydneyrose's Avatar Veteran
I'm a working mom/sahm.

Real estate is a perfect fit for when our kids are young. No daycare costs, I get to be with them all day most of the time and have meetings when DH gets home at 4. It's a perfect gig for where we are at in our lives.

July 29th, 2013, 10:27 PM
2014 Offshoremama78's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
At the moment I work five days a week at
Olive Garden. Hoping to work part time once baby is born,
or work from home.. Going to start making diapers and
the like..

My Ovulation Chart

Soy Iso Believer

Alexander Cameron Murphy
02/27/2014 - 02/27/2014
July 29th, 2013, 10:53 PM
Veteran
Sahm - have been for a while now and very happy that I've been able to.
July 29th, 2013, 11:04 PM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
ButterflyKisses2 I have been SO grateful since day 1 I could stay home. Its what I have always wanted and I love every minute of it

July 30th, 2013, 03:53 AM
Veteran
I used to be a pediatrician but decided to become a SAHM after I got pregnant with my first.
Yes I think it is a blessing (even though people think I'm crazy) and I love every minute of it!

July 30th, 2013, 03:53 AM
Super Mommy
We haven't figured that out yet. Right now both of us work full time and I don't think that will change after the second baby comes, but I will have 6 months of mat leave to decide! With the first I was able to come back part time for a few months before switching back to full time. Maybe I will see how that goes!
#2 on the way!

July 30th, 2013, 05:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
SAHM for 4 1/2 years now. Best decision we ever made because it works perfect for our family. I couldn't imagine working again until my kids are grown so that is the plan.
July 30th, 2013, 05:50 AM
Veteran
Sarah - same here! It's what I always wanted to do growing up! (probably sounds cheesy lol)
July 30th, 2013, 06:12 AM
HeatherLyn429's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to HeatherLyn429
I'm a nurse, I work per-diem (as needed) so it varies for me. Some months I work 1 day some 8. All depends what I need $ for. We like to try to take the kids to Disney every year so I basically pick up shifts to pay for that.
and introducing my new baby princess Penelope Kate born 3/18/14 5:35am 9lbs 5oz 22"
July 30th, 2013, 06:15 AM
v6pony's Avatar Veteran
I will be a SAHM. I'm looking forward to it.
July 30th, 2013, 06:32 AM
peaches84's Avatar Super Mommy
working mom, i'm a nurse and we are really trying to pay off our debt, it will be paid off in a few years except our mortgage but we are working on that too. so i'm hoping the next child I can stay home or my real dream is to start an in home daycare. (I hate being a nurse)

6/15/13
July 30th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Chai_Latte's Avatar Member
I will be a full-time working mom. We couldn't live on DH's salary without a major lifestyle change. Plus I love my job.
July 30th, 2013, 07:52 AM
mom2ariana's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm a working full time mom as well. We lived with my parents until my daughter was about 7 months old and then I went to work. I've worked every day since. I work more than 40 hours a week, and I wish I could change that. We couldn't afford to live on just DH's salary alone. My paychecks pay our outrageous rent and buy our groceries, two essentials! DH's paychecks pay the rest of the smaller bills.

He's searching for another job and I am praying that he finds one that pays enough to keep me home after the baby is here. My dream is to not return to work.

Regardless, I plan to search for another job that isn't a part of this corporate, pressure filled, stress overloaded world. The corporate world where you are just a number just isn't for me right now at this point in my life. I want to find a receptionist position that is much more low key and much less stressful.
July 30th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Alaska Baby14's Avatar Gonna be a family of 4!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflykisses2 View Post
Sarah - same here! It's what I always wanted to do growing up! (probably sounds cheesy lol)

I was the same way!!! Couldn't really tell people I didn't want to go to college cause my plan was to be a SAHM. Lol I didn't see the point in putting myself in debt when I had no intention of using whatever degree I would have gotten. And it's not cause I want to be lazy and stay in pajamas all day.. But my mom was always dropping me off at daycare and I hated it there.. Never enjoyed a single one and I never wanted to have to take my kids.. So I decided I wanted to be a SAHM. And I'm beyond thankful that I get to be here for my kids!

<3
July 30th, 2013, 10:17 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am a working mom. I will take 6 weeks off when baby is born but then go back to work. I do love my job but would love it if I could only work 4 days each week and spend the other 3 with kiddos.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
July 30th, 2013, 10:33 AM
melissaleigh's Avatar Unashamed POASer
Working mom - We couldn't live on DH's salary - He makes a decent salary but I make about 4 times what he does so that's really helped us to maintain our lifestyle
July 30th, 2013, 10:50 AM
MandyEllen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will most likely go back to work after a 12 week maternity leave. We could live on DH's salary, but we'd have to cut back on a lot of things that we like doing. He's currently looking at a promotion, so if that happens, I may be able to stay home longer.
7/12/13 - 16 dpo beta=825
7/19/13 - 23 dpo beta=18,870
7/26/13 - 30 dpo beta=72,091

July 30th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Super Mommy
WAHM. We own a dog walking business and do home daycare.

Mommy to Miles born 11/07/09.
Anxiously awaiting the arrival of baby boy Dylan due March 14th, 2014!

July 30th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaska Baby14 View Post
I was the same way!!! Couldn't really tell people I didn't want to go to college cause my plan was to be a SAHM. Lol I didn't see the point in putting myself in debt when I had no intention of using whatever degree I would have gotten. And it's not cause I want to be lazy and stay in pajamas all day.. But my mom was always dropping me off at daycare and I hated it there.. Never enjoyed a single one and I never wanted to have to take my kids.. So I decided I wanted to be a SAHM. And I'm beyond thankful that I get to be here for my kids!
Lol same here! I couldn't see the logic in going to school to stay at home. I still have people try and pressure me to go to school >.< I'm like... Sure let me jump right on that..... Not.

Where in alaska are you? We're stationed up here at fort rich.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search