Annoyed...drove 30 min for a Dr appt and it got postponed

Forum: March 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 22nd, 2013, 06:09 AM
Chai_Latte's Avatar Member
I drove 30 min out of my way for my NT scan/ultrasound, and when I got there, they told me they gave me the wrong appointment time, and my actual appt is not until next Tuesday.

They said they couldn't take me even if they had room, because they don't do NT scans until my 12th week (which is not until Saturday).

Disappointed because I really wanted to have the ultrasound! And we are hosting a party on Saturday so it would have been great timing to announce. Oh well, at least I only have to wait 5 days...maybe I am overreacting.
August 22nd, 2013, 06:34 AM
Veteran
This happened to us, as we live in Germany our translator told us our appointment was on the 16th of this month when it really was supposed to be the 23rd! But the doc's staff was able to "squeeze" us in as we have to drive 45 min one direction to get to the hospital. We had to wait two hours ugh that was not fun at all... but we were able to see our baby bean at 9 weeks. It worked out but I missed a half-day of work because of the confusion. Oh well it happens. At least you only have to wait 5 days! We just passed the 10 week mark, so excited to finish the 1st trimester so we can tell everyone... so I know how you feel about wanting to make sure everything is a go before your big announcement.
August 22nd, 2013, 08:33 AM
Veteran
Sorry! It's always frustrating!

I have to drive 30 minutes to my OB/hospital too.
August 22nd, 2013, 01:52 PM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
That stinks. I had an appointment with my allergist on Tuesday, and somehow they didn't book my appointment. So I had to wait for them to see everyone ahead of me, and I ended up being there for 2 hours, on a work day!
August 22nd, 2013, 05:03 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry. That's very frustrating!
August 22nd, 2013, 06:47 PM
Alaska Baby14's Avatar Gonna be a family of 4!
That is frustrating!! Not to mention disappointing! I know w my first pregnancy I was told by the nurse I'd have an u/s at my next appt which i think wouldve been 12 weeks? so when I went to my 12 week Appt I was soooooo excited.. But my dr was like no, we don't do one til 20 weeks!! I was so crushed that I went from cloud 9 to an 8 week wait!! Ugh!!!! But that sucks even more you drive there for nothing! A few weeks ago I was told to drive to the lab on a certain day to check numbers but when I got there the lab didn't have any record from my dr, so that was a wasted trip and the next day the dr found it in the system immediately and said the lab tech was a moron lol so I feel ya there too!

<3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search