I caved

Forum: March 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Veteran
I finally went to the maternity store. LOL I made it 13 weeks. My shorts were finally too tight with the rubberband. haha

I got a few pair of pants/shorts/leggings. I'm hoping that'll last me. I'm still working on finding some cute tops. Some of these clothes are ridiculously priced for temporary wear!!

I'm still looking for a bellaband. I haven't found them at WalMart, Target or the maternity store. I did find them on Amazon, but I have no idea on the sizing???
August 26th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My SIL is a few months farther along than I am. I am going to borrow some things that she either didn't like or no longer fit her tomorrow. I have like one pair of pants and 5 shirts that I can wear right now. I have some pj's too, but that doesn't work to wear to my job. LOL. Hoping I don't have to buy too much because of how expensive everything is!
August 27th, 2013, 02:08 AM
Mrs. D's Avatar Super Mommy
There are several different brands of belly bands. The one I have is just sized "medium" which seems to cover a ledge range of sizes.

As for maternity tops, maybe check your local thrift store. Since maternity is a temporary type of clothing, it usually ends up there very lightly worn, almost new. And much cheaper than going to a regular store.
August 27th, 2013, 02:08 AM
Mrs. D's Avatar Super Mommy
There are several different brands of belly bands. The one I have is just sized "medium" which seems to cover a ledge range of sizes.

As for maternity tops, maybe check your local thrift store. Since maternity is a temporary type of clothing, it usually ends up there very lightly worn, almost new. And much cheaper than going to a regular store.
August 27th, 2013, 04:36 AM
Regular
I second the thrift store idea. I'm not wearing them yet, but I have been keeping an eye out since my son was born to get ready for pregnancy #2 and I have found some really nice stuff, often high quality and brand name, barley used and only a few dollars.
Much better than spending $50 on jeans you'll wear for only a few months!
August 27th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Veteran
Im lucky to still have some old maternity clothes, and i sure am already wearing the shorts (mostly due to bloat, haha). And i actually still wore some of my t-shirts all through last year because some don't look like maternity at all! They just stretch well and are long enough to cover a baby belly. So thats one option... to justify the purchase, look for maternity shirts that might be worn when your not pregnant too?
Unfortunately the seasons are exactly flipped from my last pregnancy, so i have very few warm clothes yet. But like some others said, i also shop at thrift stores, so the cost is really no issue.
August 27th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was talking with my SIL today and she mentioned looking at craigslist. She said you can find some really nice, barely used maternity clothes for pretty cheap there too. Thought I'd pass along the advice I got.
August 28th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Veteran
Believe me, I've thought about the thrift store. But I live in the middle of nowhere OK. haha I moved here to DH's hometown from Dallas. So, the closest ones to me would be OKC. I'm still researching the nicer areas of town and if they've got a thrift store so I don't end up in the ghetto. haha If I were in Dallas, there'd be no issue!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search