Private sub forum

Forum: March 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 17th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandaBear75 View Post
How do we know how many posts we have? I changed screen names in the middle, so I don't know. I guess it doesn't really matter if I can't get in the private forums.
You have 86 posts at the moment, you can check under User CP and search forums
Nicole1481 likes this.

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

September 17th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Nicole1481's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Like I said my last DDC was 250 & it took me forever to get there. In the end it was worth it because the private forum was pretty active with regular posters. I too would feel more comfortable with higher post requirements, but totally understand you ladies who want lower. I think maybe 5 posts a week is fair to retain status. That is just answering 5 posts, not starting 5 topics. Even if you are mobile 5 quick responses wouldn't take up much time.

I really appreciate everyone's input so if anyone has a better idea or knows something that has worked on their other boards I'm totally up for suggestions.

September 17th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Super Mommy
Yeah, if I only have 86, there is no way I will reach 250. I work full time and have a 3 year old.

Mommy to Miles born 11/07/09.
Anxiously awaiting the arrival of baby boy Dylan due March 14th, 2014!

September 24th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Mommysjb's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandaBear75 View Post
How do we know how many posts we have? I changed screen names in the middle, so I don't know. I guess it doesn't really matter if I can't get in the private forums.
If you look at your post on any link find your name and look to the right, it shows you have 480 posts currently. hope that helps
September 24th, 2013, 10:54 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks! Those aren't all in this forum, though.

Mommy to Miles born 11/07/09.
Anxiously awaiting the arrival of baby boy Dylan due March 14th, 2014!

September 25th, 2013, 03:03 AM
Mrs. D's Avatar Super Mommy
I understand having a minimum post requirement to get on the private board. But the reasoning behind it, in my mind, is different. You don't want someone coming to JM, creating a random account, and being able to read absolutely anything. So, to make it more difficult, you require that they do a little work first, so their account means something to them. If they do something disrespectful or break the rules, they have something to lose if they are banned.

Really, who cares if someone reads your private post and doesn't comment? You assume that if people go into the private board, read, and don't comment, they are somehow judging you? Or perhaps they aren't paying for the privilege by divulging their own private affairs? Honestly, I think it is the people who post a lot who may be more at risk of sharing your private concerns with their family, or on Facebook, or somewhere else on JM. Not saying they are malicious, just saying that the more people share, the more likely they'll let things slip.

All that to say, I agree there should be a post requirement to get into the board, but for different reasons.

As for the weekly post requirement, I think that's a bit much. I know at least I get busy sometimes. There was a while there when I could barely talk to my husband for days on end, I felt so sick, let alone post on here. Imagine how it might be when we all start having our babies! Spending days in the hospital, those first few nights with no sleep, getting used to a newborn, and we have to make sure we post a certain amount on here still if we want to share the birth story in the private forum when we feel up to writing it out?

And then who's going to enforce that rule? Is someone going to be watching everyone's account, making sure we post? If so, if (when) someone loses the privilege for not posting enough, will that person regain private board privileges for posting enough the next week? And then possibly have them revoked again the week after? And so forth and so on? If I post on the private board one week, then lose my privileges the following week, does that mean I won't be able to respond to comments on my post?

Like I said, it seems a bit much to me. I think that if someone has posted enough to gain access, she (or he) should have access.

September 25th, 2013, 09:11 AM
madis-mama17's Avatar Veteran
I love the idea of a private forum I would post pictures and post a lot more if that's the case but. If it's going to be 100-150 just on this forum i will not make it either. My phone doesn't always let me post when I want and a lot of the times it's the only thing I have to check the board with!! And I check it 2-3 times a day!
September 25th, 2013, 11:07 AM
luckygirl777's Avatar Veteran
When will this private forum be created? It just doesn't seem like a lot of people would be allowed access to it with 100-150 posts but I totally get the desire for a private forum.
September 25th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Alaska Baby14's Avatar Gonna be a family of 4!
I remember into last DDC it was 250 and I was about 75 posts away from making it. But I'd comment like crazy until I made it! But with having a higher post requirement you're either going to have those that comment more, making the board more active, or you're going to have those that just don't care and fizzle out. If this was a business it'd be a good move as you'd get people to post more. I'd say 150 at least! And my thought are people need to comment more!!! We need this board moving more!! It's too easy to hit the like button.

I don't know why but 5 posts a week feels like a lot of pressure.. Even tho I for sure do this, it feels pressured! I'd personally feel better if there was like a monthly requirement of like 15.. Plus it'd be easier to track. I think if someone doesn't meet the monthly requirement, then they should get a warning that if they don't meet it the following month, they'll lose access. This may also help with Mrs D's concern about losing and gaining access weekly.

<3
September 25th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Mommysjb's Avatar Veteran
JMO but personally I like the community we are creating but having access to the private forum just is not worth all the extra effort. I have much better things to spend my time on then commenting just to get access, If I want to comment I do and if I dont or just dont have time... well I dont. And I do not see this changing in the future when I get even busier. Again if and when I have enough comments sure ill join the private threads also but im not gonna go out of my way to get in.
madis-mama17 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search