Gender predictions?

Forum: March 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mommysjb

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 16th, 2013, 12:45 PM
sydneyrose's Avatar Veteran
Does anyone believe in the heart rate methods? Higher, it's a girl. Lower for a boy?

That was true for me last time but that doesn't mean it's true for everyone else.
They still can't pick the heart rate up on a doppler so...

They did in ultrasound and I saw it talk about love at first sight.
Said heart rate like about 150 since it wasn't super fast.

So, I'm trying to predict before we find out.
How do you usually predict?

September 16th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Alaska Baby14's Avatar Gonna be a family of 4!
It wasn't really true for me. And so far this HB has been about the same as DD and they're thinking its a boy this time. None of the old wives tales were true except for the Chinese calendar. But then the Chinese calendar says girls this time as well, but again, the u/s tech predicts boy lol.. It's fun, but none rang true for me

<3
September 16th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Veteran
With my son the heart rate was true, his was always 130's-150's (not positive on the low number, it's been 4 years! Lol) if it's true again this one is a girl (consistent 160-180's) all the wives tales pointed boy with my first (and he's definitely all boy!!) this time they are pointing girl but I predict another boy.
September 16th, 2013, 03:43 PM
luckygirl777's Avatar Veteran
If it's true ours will be a girl. I've had 4 ultrasounds so far and a heart rate in the 150-160's. I go for my NT scan this Wednesday but at 10 1/2 weeks we got a very clear picture of what looked like a very girly angled nub, it was forked looking as well. I'll be curious what this next ultrasound reveals as well!
September 20th, 2013, 07:04 AM
Veteran
I've had very high heart rates, I don't think it has ever been below 165 but the doctor said that is normal for early on. I think it is going to be a boy though... I just want to know so bad. I am so excited for everyone that has been confirmed so far, but I won't have the next ultrasound for two months. The waiting and guessing is hard!!
September 20th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Nicole1481's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
None of my kids were bellow the 150s so not true for me. My last baby was in the 160s & so far this one is too. I usually just go with my gut. I say boy this time, but I've been wrong 1 time before.

September 20th, 2013, 09:10 AM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
Heart rate was wrong for my son. I did carry him low, I'm not showing enough to see the difference this time. Chinese gender prediction said its a girl and it is.
September 20th, 2013, 10:07 AM
StephanieMitchell's Avatar Super Mommy
This is my first, so I don't have any previous experience to go off of, but if the heart rate theory (and nub theory and u/s tech's guess, and the Chinese gender prediction chart) is right, I should be having a little girl!
I have a feeling for some reason, though, that its going to be a boy. There is still about a month until we know for sure.

We were going to have a baby, but we had an angel instead
Feb. 2013 at 8wks
September 20th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
I don't know because my sons started pretty high then was lower the rest of the pregnancy. This one was pretty high at the beginning and its now steady in the 160's

September 24th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Mommysjb's Avatar Veteran
Well I want a boy but I had my first dream about the baby and it turned out to be a girl in my dream... so who knows... it will be another 6 months tell we find out
sydneyrose likes this.
September 24th, 2013, 11:00 PM
Super Mommy
I have a gut feeling this one is a girl. Heart rate is in the boy range and the nub theory could go either way. This pregnancy is the opposite of the one with my son, but I know they are all different.

Mommy to Miles born 11/07/09.
Anxiously awaiting the arrival of baby boy Dylan due March 14th, 2014!

September 25th, 2013, 03:19 AM
Mrs. D's Avatar Super Mommy
I think it's a boy, but DS is convinced it's a girl. Who knows? Maybe he knows something the rest of us don't? We'll be finding out on the 17th.
September 25th, 2013, 05:53 AM
HeatherLyn429's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to HeatherLyn429
Yes heart rate theory has been right for all of mine. Boys 130's, dd and this lil girl 150's/160's
and introducing my new baby princess Penelope Kate born 3/18/14 5:35am 9lbs 5oz 22"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search