Is she getting fat... or is she pregnant?

Forum: March 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By Six14
  • 1 Post By StephanieMitchell
  • 1 Post By Alaska Baby14

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Veteran
Im at that stage. Stopped at the gas station on the way to work yesterday, and the lady at the counter looks at my belly and says "How many weeks are you?". Apparently I am pretty big. Part of me wanted to climb over the counter and poke her in the throat. But just for a fleeting moment. That was the first stranger that asked.

So I decided to wear a maternity shirt to work today, and I am popping out a lot, so totally obvious I am preggo. Not one person said a word! I guess they all figured it out already (the ones I haven't told). One of the people I work with that I share an office with (not a fan of her, but that's a different story) I told a few weeks ago. Her reaction? "Well...I'm happy... if you're happy.". I told her I really don't care if she's happy. Oops. Hormones I guess. This whole thing is weird to me.
I had my annual performance review at work today. Told my boss yesterday i am expecting and he just said Oh. But today, he was really nice and said sorry for not congratulating me because he was having a rough day yesterday, and then gave me a shining eval, and offered me a promotion! Even knowing I am pregnant!

So, ladies... here we go. Let the dumb, rude comments, kind coments, and random strangers thinking they can touch us begin!
September 20th, 2013, 11:42 AM
StephanieMitchell's Avatar Super Mommy
I let my entire office know last week. Then a couple days ago, a woman I work with asked me in a very condescending tone "youre not still smoking,.are you?" (I havent had a cigarette since June!) I was so offended by that question and told her that of course I wasnt smoking and did she really think I was that kind of person anyways? Then she told me she was going to "keep her eye on me". WTH? Does she think she's my mother or something? Obviously Im not smoking, but even if I was, why would it be any of her business? Uugh.. People

We were going to have a baby, but we had an angel instead
Feb. 2013 at 8wks
September 20th, 2013, 11:48 AM
2014 Offshoremama78's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
one of the managers at my work, reached out to rub my belly
then stopped herself and asked if it was all right.. lol and then one of the
other servers told me the other day I was getting fat... I almost stabbed her with
a soup spoon..

My Ovulation Chart

Soy Iso Believer

Alexander Cameron Murphy
02/27/2014 - 02/27/2014
September 20th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Amazing Mommy
Lurking from Feb DDC, I just have to say...I love this post and the replies so far.
September 20th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
How many weeks are you now? With my son I was asked at 8 weeks. I felt so fat. And I am even bigger this time. I carry a lot of extra weight in my stomach.

Oh and I have had two people that know I am pregnant try to rub my belly already. Really freaks me out at this point

September 20th, 2013, 01:14 PM
luckygirl777's Avatar Veteran
I think my stomach just looks fat and bloated at this point! I don't think I'll mind if someone I know touched my belly but if it was just some random person that would be weird, I can't believe people actually do that.
September 20th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't had this happen yet. Not so much looking forward to it...
September 21st, 2013, 09:44 PM
Alaska Baby14's Avatar Gonna be a family of 4!
My husband came home today and being gone 2 weeks and goes "look at that preggo belly hanging out!!" I was like gee thx lol. Nothing from strangers yet.. Although a few months ago I got asked if I was pregnant and I wasn't, so I said no. And the reply was oh well you look it.. Lol I still had a slight belly from the first so even more so now I look 5 months already! Lol
Nicole1481 likes this.

<3
September 21st, 2013, 10:54 PM
Veteran
Sooooo many belly rubbers at my work. My general rule is that if we are close enough that we've hugged before you can touch my belly. If I barely know you- hands off!!

September 23rd, 2013, 01:16 PM
Veteran
We went to the wine & choc festival this weekend. When we got to the pay table, the girl said one for wine tasting/choc, one for chocolate only? So, apparently I'm obvious to strangers too.

I DO NOT want strangers touching me. Crazy germy people. People here at work do, but we're pretty close. And my husband. Even my SS doesn't touch it. LOL

But I'm "popping" out too.
September 23rd, 2013, 03:36 PM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
We went to a formal event this weekend and I wore a maternity dress. My uncle kept coming up to me saying how cute my bump looked. Even my dad said I finally looked pregnant when he saw me. I think maternity clothes definitely accentuate the bump.
September 24th, 2013, 06:03 AM
Mrs. D's Avatar Super Mommy
With morning sickness I've been losing weight as fast as I've been gaining bump. So a lot of my non-maternity stuff still fits fine as long as I'm not sitting. (Not that I was really obese before pregnancy. Maybe 30 lbs overweight.) Honestly, it's kinda freaking me out, because I'm farther along than a lot of you ladies but unless I tell people they don't know. And, with my pregnancy history, I'm inclined to think that anything, even this, might mean something is wrong.

September 24th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Veteran
Im telling people pretty freely now, and this may sound silly, but i actually feel somewhat dissappointed whenever people who do know still say i don't show yet, lol. Then i just remind myself: how much time do we really spend looking at eachothers stomachs when not pregnant anyways? How would they notice a bump, if they never actually noticed my belly without it? No big deal. But perhaps it just natural to worry or compare or expect to be a certain size by now. Ive been through this enough that i should know how normal variation is from woman to woman and from pregnancy to pregnancy.

And on the belly-touching subject: i still hold the rather strong and controversial opinion that there is nothing wrong with simply touching other humans if that touch is entirely driven by instinct and love (which i assume all belly-touching is...) So i welcome it entirely. I only hold off on doing it to others because ive learned my view is the minority. Its still awfully sad that a kind touch has somehow become offensive to the majority though, isn't it?
September 24th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Mommysjb's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. D View Post
With morning sickness I've been losing weight as fast as I've been gaining bump. So a lot of my non-maternity stuff still fits fine as long as I'm not sitting. (Not that I was really obese before pregnancy. Maybe 30 lbs overweight.) Honestly, it's kinda freaking me out, because I'm farther along than a lot of you ladies but unless I tell people they don't know. And, with my pregnancy history, I'm inclined to think that anything, even this, might mean something is wrong.
You are no further along than I am (17 weeks today) and I have had no strangers ask me and there are a lot of co workers that still dont know, one found out on friday and she was very shocked and happy for me. I am 30-40lbs over weight but I wear it all over my body and I am only showing if I wear maternity clothes. I am still in my more loose fitting jeans that are size 13/14
Hang in there we will be bigger then we care to be soon enough

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search