Baby stuff

Forum: March 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 22nd, 2013, 10:13 PM
Veteran
Do you guys buy everything out side of the must haves like car seat and crib or does it come to a point there's just too much and it becomes useless?

So far I think we're getting:
Swing
Bouncer/vibrating chair
Basinet
Maybe a changing table but I cant decide
Rocking chair

I've already got a baby carrier, high chair and crib.

Last edited by Butterflykisses2; September 22nd, 2013 at 10:16 PM.
September 22nd, 2013, 10:53 PM
Veteran
I am really curious to know what people think about getting a bassinet. Some people have told me its absolutely vital, others have said it's a waste of money...oh the confusion!!!!

September 22nd, 2013, 11:05 PM
Veteran
It all depends on personal preference really, with my son I wanted to bed share and I only used the bassinet a handful of times. Then he later totally and completely refused the crib (note that's not all kids, just happened that way with him) so with this one I want the baby in our room NOT our bed for a little while (the way our bedrooms are set up the baby would literally be on the other side of the house from us which I'm not ok with for a newborn) so this time it's definitely a need for us as there isn't enough room in our bedroom for the crib (still trying to figure out where to put a bassinet! Lol) but its really up to you and what your comfortable with.
September 23rd, 2013, 01:29 AM
Veteran
We're a military family, and we'll be moving three months after the baby is born so we are going to go "light" on the baby stuff and wait until we go to the next base before buying large baby furniture like a crib. We're going to try the bassinet thing to keep it simple. We already had one of those rocking/glider chairs with an ottoman, so it will be perfect for feeding, especially at night. We have a office/bedroom right across the hall from our bedroom that will be perfect for the baby's room. Going to have to clean it out though -- hubby stores all sorts of stuff in there!

April 2013 - referred to RE due to failed reverse vasectomy

June 2013 - Hubby has TESE / Egg retreival and transfer (IVF/ICSI)

July 9, 2013 - BFP!
July 31, 2013 - 1st ultrasound, one baby bean with heartbeat!

November 7, 2013 - It's a GIRL!

September 23rd, 2013, 05:05 AM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
We had so many sleeping options for my son. We had his crib, a family bassinet, a co-sleeper and two different "beds" for him that went in our bed. I didn't plan on having him in our bed, but since I was nursing it just worked out that way. I moved him into his room/crib around 3.5 months and he did fine. Sometimes though when he woke up to eat I would just bring him to bed with me. I would fall asleep while he was nursing, unintentionally, but at least it allowed me more sleep.

I swear by the co-sleeper. That's the little crib that sits next to your bed. At least if you plan on nursing. This was perfect because it gives them their own little bed, but then you don't have to get up to feed them.

I'd like to think we're just going to do the crib from day one this time, but it all depends on how good of a sleeper she is. Ds didn't sleep through the night until 13 months.
September 23rd, 2013, 05:22 AM
StephanieMitchell's Avatar Super Mommy
This is my first, so I'm going to need to buy everything! So far, all I have is a car seat cover, a nursing pillow and a baby "sling". I want to wait until we know the gender until buying anything else, and DH and I probably wont start buying nursery furniture until I'm at least 24 weeks. Being that this is our first, we have NO idea what is necessary and what is a waste, so we will probably end up buying a lot of things we will never use. This is also going to be my parents first grandchild, so I know they will end up buying us a bunch of stuff too!

We were going to have a baby, but we had an angel instead
Feb. 2013 at 8wks
September 23rd, 2013, 07:31 AM
melissaleigh's Avatar Unashamed POASer
We used a pack and play for my DD to sleep in for the first 6 months. It was set up right next to my side of the bed. We'll probably do the same for this baby.
September 23rd, 2013, 10:00 AM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
We had a bassinet and I am glad I got it and plan to use it again. For the first 2-3 weeks I kept it in my bedroom beside my bed because we were waking so frequently at night, then I moved it to the nursery but continued to use it for several months. I don't think he started sleeping full-time in his crib until about 4 months.

Mine had wheels and the bassinet part detached from the stand and could be set on the floor as a craddle so you could carry it around the house. We used it a bit like that when he was really tiny. I think I'll use that function more now that I'll have a toddler on the move.

I got mine on clearance from Walmart marked down from $80 to $10 if you can believe that! I wasn't going to buy one but $10, I couldn't go wrong! If I didn't use it I could sell it second hand for more then that lol.

Pinterest
Flickr
September 23rd, 2013, 07:23 PM
Alaska Baby14's Avatar Gonna be a family of 4!
I had a bouncer and a swing for the living room but at night she slept in a rock n play thing next to our bed til she was 5 months. Then I transitioned her to the crib and didn't have any problems. I got a free crib for this 2nd one already and that's pretty much all I need. I still have everything from the 1st since she's still so young so were set! Besides clothes and bedding I don't think we need everything else but I am glad I had a bassinet type thing to put beside the bed.

<3
September 24th, 2013, 05:51 AM
Mrs. D's Avatar Super Mommy
We had to do a cross-country move a few weeks after DS was born. (Military) we used his bouncer and his car seat as makeshift bassinets. Worked just fine except he was down on ground level. This time I plan to get a co-sleeper to make it easier to nurse at night. I honestly think that a swing and a bouncer are redundant, unless your house is huge and you want something for each area. Once our stuff arrived at our new house, I almost exclusively used the swing instead if the bouncer.

A changing table is a good idea. I got one that is also a dresser. I like things that do double duty. When they are tiny, you can change them anywhere, even on your lap. But when they start to get bigger, you're going to want that table. I promise.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search