Birthing

Forum: March 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 23rd, 2013, 07:16 PM
Veteran
Where are you all planning to give birth? Any idea what birthing method you want to use or do you plan on having an epidural/other pain meds? Just curious what everyone's planning at this point, not trying to start a debate!

With my son I had him all natural (no drugs/IV, etc) in the hospital. I didn't take any birthing classes with him so it was interesting. The hospital was awful, the birth itself was for the most part how I wanted it though. After our stay there I refuse to do it again unless there's a medical reason. So with that being said this time were planning to go to a birthing center. This time I really want to do hypnobirthing probably end up doing the home study. We will be right across the street from a hospital so if anything should happen they are right there!
September 23rd, 2013, 07:28 PM
Alaska Baby14's Avatar Gonna be a family of 4!
I plan on doing it at the hospital. My experience w Kayla was great other than the pain. I was in labor for 2.5 days tho and it was painful! The iv meds worked great and I did get an epidural. Other than itching all over neither I or Kayla had any side effects from it. I like to play it by ear but I'm not opposed to the meds. If I could do it natural I would but the pain was too much for me. I was in our hallway on the floor crying and exhausted from hurting so bad. I had scar tissue that prevented me from dilating and so that shouldn't be an issue this time so we will see how it goes!

<3
September 23rd, 2013, 07:44 PM
Super Mommy
I'm fighting for an all natural VBAC! I did 23 hours of natural labor with my son before severe pre-eclampsia forced us into an emergency C-section.

Mommy to Miles born 11/07/09.
Anxiously awaiting the arrival of baby boy Dylan due March 14th, 2014!

September 23rd, 2013, 08:16 PM
maybethistime's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm having a planned C-section. This will be my 3rd one. I am stoked.
2009/09/07 - Angel #1
2010/05/18 - Angel #2
DS born 2011
Baby #3 EDD March 3, 2014

September 23rd, 2013, 11:31 PM
Veteran
Just the thought of a c-section scares me, But I know if it were life or death or became medically necessary for any reason I'd do it anyway.

Alaska baby - holy crap! I can't imagine being in labor that long! I had my son 14 1/2 hours after the first contraction and I was asking for pain meds the last hour! I Would of definitely gotten them if my labor had been that rough, nothing wrong with getting meds!
September 24th, 2013, 04:48 AM
HeatherLyn429's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to HeatherLyn429
I am planning my 6th VBAC, and 2nd water birth. I will deliver in the hospital. I'm thinking of looking into either hypnobabies this time. I may also hire a doula haven't fully decided yet.
and introducing my new baby princess Penelope Kate born 3/18/14 5:35am 9lbs 5oz 22"
September 24th, 2013, 05:34 AM
StephanieMitchell's Avatar Super Mommy
I will be going to the hospital. Because of the way my uterus is shaped, the doctor said there is a 95% chance the baby will be breach, and I will need a c section really not looking forward to that, but im starting to accept that its just the way its going to be.

We were going to have a baby, but we had an angel instead
Feb. 2013 at 8wks
September 24th, 2013, 06:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had my first in the hospital w/o pain meds. We took Bradley classes and liked them. My second I had at home in my bath tub. This time we are taking Bradley classes again starting on Oct. 3 and I plan on doing a water birth in the hospital. The only reason I am going back to the hospital is because that way my insurance pays, otherwise I pay 4-5 thousand out of pocket for a home birth.

September 24th, 2013, 07:34 AM
melissaleigh's Avatar Unashamed POASer
Planned C-Section at 37 weeks here
September 24th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Super Dad AKA mommy
First time around we tried a natural hypno birth. I sucked at keeping her calm an centered. They pitocined her a lot because she was actually calm and not showing contractions like they thought she would.

hopefully this time we will hire a doula

September 24th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Veteran
I had a 'natural' hospital birth (almost an oxymoron) with my daughter last year. Meaning no pain meds, but still way too much monitoring. It seems i am probably going to the hospital again this time due to insurance, but will push back even more on how much i am hooked up to that ridiculous monitor. Its so uncomfortable because id rather not sit or lie down while in labor and they kept telling me to get back on the bed because they couldn't get an accurate reading if i moved around, lol. Absurd. It would be ideal if i could just walk into the hospital ready to push so that there is no time to be hooked up, haha. But i live really far away so that would be hard to time just right.

I used the epidural with my first son 14 years ago, but have found that i feel much more involved and connected to the whole birthing process when i can feel it fully, if that makes sense. So i opt for natural. I suppose i would only use an epidural again if for some reason i was no longer enjoying the labor, but that hasn't really happened so far. The thought did occur to me for a brief moment with my last daughter only because the nausea got soooo bad, and i wondered if having an epidural could make the sickness go away too, lol. However, when i realized i was basically through transition already, i felt inspired to just persevere. This time i will be sure to have my partner sneak me in little bites of food, hehe, so maybe i won't be so sick.

I never thought about or studied common birthing methods or techniques because i guess i really just love discovering what my body and mind do naturally when faced with a great challenge.
September 24th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Veteran
I will be birthing in the birthing center at my hospital, which is run by midwives. They are very supportive of natural births there, and have one of the lowest C-section rates in the country (16%). I am hoping to be able to get through the whole thing with minimal intervention and no drugs. I have been watching Birth Story and The Business of Being Born and now I am brainwashed by Ina May Gaskin!
maybethistime likes this.
September 24th, 2013, 11:42 AM
HeatherLyn429's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to HeatherLyn429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandertramp View Post
I had my first in the hospital w/o pain meds. We took Bradley classes and liked them. My second I had at home in my bath tub. This time we are taking Bradley classes again starting on Oct. 3 and I plan on doing a water birth in the hospital. The only reason I am going back to the hospital is because that way my insurance pays, otherwise I pay 4-5 thousand out of pocket for a home birth.
What kinds of things do you learn in bradley classes?
and introducing my new baby princess Penelope Kate born 3/18/14 5:35am 9lbs 5oz 22"
September 24th, 2013, 03:01 PM
peaches84's Avatar Super Mommy
In a hospital, with an epidural!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do you think I could convince them to give me 2 of them?
luckygirl777 likes this.

6/15/13
September 24th, 2013, 05:49 PM
luckygirl777's Avatar Veteran
I will be induced a week or two before my due date, I'll be meeting with the anesthesia dr beforehand because my body reacts to pain with a very rapid, high rise in blood pressure and heart rate which obviously needs to be avoided. They'll work with my dr's to come up with the best pain/sensation management plan. I'm not sure if I'll be able to help push but my dr's have said there are ways around that. I'm just praying that I don't need a c-section because of the risk of messing up my bladder augmentation.
September 24th, 2013, 08:23 PM
Melissa.Anne's Avatar Veteran
We're toying with the idea of a home birth - we're only 10 minutes from the hospital, and are under midwife care. They don't care where you do it, and if nothing seems to be "complicated" I hope we can stay at home. Our provincial health care covers 100% of all medical costs - no matter where you choose to give birth, so I feel very fortunate to even have that option.
September 25th, 2013, 03:25 AM
Mrs. D's Avatar Super Mommy
We're planning to birth at the Navy hospital here. Not really any other options. I plan on only allowing an epidural for pain if I get sick again (after 5cm dilation) and refusing every other intervention possible. No Pitocin, no narcotics, and hopefully I can convince them to only put in an IV stint and do intermittent monitoring. Things are kinda strict at this hospital, though. So we'll see.

September 25th, 2013, 09:24 AM
madis-mama17's Avatar Veteran
I will go t to the hospital. The town I live in really doesnt have means for home births. we do have a birthing center but it has a horrible reputation!! I went and checked it out and I just had the worst feeling about it but the experience I had with my DD at the hospital was incredibly! so I'm hoping for the same this go around. I plan on doing it naturally though!! No epidural or anything. I'm private pay so I really don't want to have to pay for all of that jk I'll do what I have to for the babe money is just money if I have to pay for the baby for the next 30 years I will.
September 25th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Veteran
Planned c-section @36 weeks!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search