2nd trimester dizziness?

Forum: March 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Vandertramp

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 4th, 2013, 06:59 AM
Veteran
I am nearly 17 weeks and started to get almost panicky after standing too long- an d by too long, I mean liek 10 minutes. I start to feel nauseous, dizzy, and like I need to sit down. Actually a couple times whil making dinner, I have had to sit right down on the floor to stop the room from spinning. Tody I was waiting for the shuttle bus that takes me from the parking lot to my office (it's a mile away), and I was standing in one place for about 5 minutes and I absolutely panicked. I thought I was going down! I found shifting my feet helps but I still get so lightheaded I am not sure what to do.

Thought it might be a blood sugar issue, so I started incorporating a bit of sugar with breakfast (bowl of cereal with 10g of sugar). That didn't help.

Anyone else? This is worse to me than the first trimester nauseousness. In the grocery store lane, I had to leave the other day and sit down and leave my 14 year old to check out for me!
October 4th, 2013, 07:24 AM
Nicole1481's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's low blood pressure. Bend and flex your legs while standing. Try not to stand in one place too long.

October 4th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Veteran
Not low blood pressure, low sugar, or anemia. Had all those checked yesterday.
October 4th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Veteran
did they do orthostatic bps? One lying down, one sitting and one standing? It could still be your bp. Make sure you're not locking your knees when standing.

And a possibility way out there- inner ear. Fluid, infection. It can cause dizziness, but usually all the time, especially when standing up. There is a maneuver to get the fluid back in the correct place that a PT or ENT can do.

GL!

DH, 29
DSS, 8

2 Furbabies

EDD: 3/3/14

TEAM GREEN!
October 4th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I get that some times, due to dips in my blood pressure, but it does not stay (aka if you measured my BP any other time it would be fine). My OB told me when it happens to lie down for a few minutes until it passes.
Nicole1481 likes this.

October 4th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Veteran
I have this issue sometimes. I will wake up feeling almost drunk, the first time it was very scary. I sit down as much as I can and put my head down, laying down usually helps but as soon as I stand back up it comes back. It will only stick around for about a day. I try to change how I'm standing at work, since I'm on my feet for about 8 hours a day with no chance to sit.
October 4th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Nicole1481's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, dips in your blood pressure. Drops then goes back to normal. Fairly common for 2nd trimester.

October 4th, 2013, 11:49 AM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
I got this a lot last time. Had to just sit down on the floor sometimes. This time is mostly just when I stand up.
October 4th, 2013, 12:59 PM
luckygirl777's Avatar Veteran
I have low blood pressure to begin with and have been experiencing drops in my blood pressure as well. I take mine quite frequently because I also have to watch for sudden increases if I get uncomfortable or am in pain. I've been told low pressure at this point is normal. I have a wheelchair that stands me up and it's made doing so pretty difficult because I just get super dizzy. If you took your bp during one of these episodes you'd probably find it to be lower. Stay well hydrated and sit/lay with your legs elevated if it gets really bad.
October 4th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
I have to sit often because my back hurts but I too get nauseous if I stand too long. Try some water and something small to eat to see if it helps

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search