Dr appt today.

Forum: March 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By sydneyrose
  • 1 Post By Nicole1481
  • 1 Post By sydneyrose
  • 1 Post By luckygirl777
  • 2 Post By random567

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 10th, 2013, 11:22 AM
sydneyrose's Avatar Veteran
Heard babies heartbeat on doppler for first time.
It was 148 and definitely squirming around.

And twins threw tantrum the whole time.
I'm becoming overwhelmed.

Any solutions on how to meditate or calm down?
They're not listening and I just need a break...
And no family around to give me one. What do I do?

Find out the sex in two weeks.

October 10th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Nicole1481's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's just the age. The best thing you can do is prepare yourself for 3. So much worse than 2. Distract, distract, distract. (((Hugs)))
Six14 likes this.

October 10th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
:hugs: I hope it's not too hard to figure out. It's a hard age.
October 10th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
My son is two and 5 months so right there with you. Thankfully at my appts he is happy to see the dr and hear baby hb. I also give him an iPod touch he can watch a show or play a game. Hats just so he stays in his seat and out of drs way. But it's getting harder to ask questions and hear the answers with him there. Sometimes I plan the park after and he understands behaving and being good to get to go to the park after. But again I only have the one.

October 10th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Regular
I've heard not having children works best.
October 11th, 2013, 06:55 AM
sydneyrose's Avatar Veteran
Really? Maybe you should mind your own ******* business.
Just because I get worn out and need a little "me time" doesn't mean the solution is not having kids. I've had the worst time since I've joined this ddc-

I'm leaving.
Six14 likes this.

October 11th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Veteran
Sydneyrose, I am sorry for the comment someone left above when you were reaching out for support. Please don't leave the group.

I am the Mom of twins and it is so unbelievably hard at that age when they don't listen. I can't imagine being pregnant with small twins. When they don't listen, it must be so tiring! I was in a similar situation, but I had family all around and none of them would help. I learned to constantly give the kids choices in what they want to do so I had control but they felt like they had control. I also learned to take any minute for myself that I could muster up. Go to the store, take a walk, workout, go to a movie. Whenever your husband can help out. And don't be hard on yourself. You are under a lot of stress and things won't be perfect and that is okay! Make pizza every night or get takeout. Let your house go a bit.
Wishing you rest, relaxation, and a great weekend!
October 11th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Veteran
Oh, and there is absolutely no shame in bribing your kids to behave. Sometimes it is the best you can do to get a break!
October 11th, 2013, 08:56 AM
luckygirl777's Avatar Veteran
Woah what a rude, unnecessary comment. I can't imagine how hard it would be to have twins and also be pregnant. Heck there are days when I feel overwhelmed with school full time and keeping the house clean, making dinner, etc. I wish I had better advice for you but I do think what Sarah and Six said are great suggestions. Hang in there girl!
Six14 likes this.
October 11th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Nicole1481's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aw mama, don't go. Coming here to vent is one way to help cope. We need you here too.

October 11th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Veteran
In a meditation class I use to take I always felt like I was doing it wrong because I couldn't keep my mind clear like I thought I should. I finally talked to the instructor about it and she told me that she always has the strangest thoughts pop into her head during meditation but she would acknowledge them, then set them aside to think about later.

I feel like this should be applied to life. We acknowledge events, or mean people, that come our way then just dismiss it and you can always come back to it later if it is constructive. I worry about everything, ALOT. I can not stop myself from worrying no matter how crazy it is, so instead I acknowledge it and set it aside to be thought about at a time it becomes constructive.

On a side note, I love yoga classes. They are only an hour but really give you a chance to focus on you and your body. I don't know if dvds or youtube with the twins down for a nap would work? Or a gym with child center while you take a class?

Hopefully something in there helps.
Six14 and luckygirl777 like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search