Depressed

Forum: March 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 1stTimeMommy92

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 20th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Veteran
This is my first pregnancy and everything is going great, my little girl is healthy..what more could I ask for? It just seems that lately I have been feeling kind of depressed. My fiance has been great throughout my pregnancy, just being really involved and helpful. I have his 2 sisters to talk to about baby stuff, but they live far away. I am also not happy at work, but I can't really change that right now. I just don't understand why I'm feeling this way, and I feel like I need to constantly be doing something to keep my mind off of it, but that doesn't always work. Is this normal, is there any way I can fix this?
October 20th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Alaska Baby14's Avatar Gonna be a family of 4!
I've been depressed off and on and part of it I think is due to the weather changing. Hormones are changing as well. I would bring it up to your dr tho and see what they say! hang in there!!

<3
October 21st, 2013, 07:05 AM
Veteran
Aw, honey, so much is changing in your life, of course you will feel off! I am sorry you are going through this right now. Let yourself feel it. You seem to have a good perspective on what really matters, but your heart and mind want to feel different. Talk to people about it. try to figure out where it stems from. Are you nervous about being a Mommy? Worried about money? Sometimes figuring out what the biggest stressor is makes it easier to deal with. Sometimes our hormonal selves just get really down.
I do advise you speak to your doctor though if you really feel bad. I went through a terrible time with a pregnancy, and found out after several months that my thyroid was off and I had Hashimoto's disease. I went on the medication and felt 100% better. It is worth the blood test to have piece of mind that it is not thyroid-related.
October 21st, 2013, 07:49 AM
Veteran
Six14- thank you so much for that! I really think it's just hormones and getting used to my body changing. I will let my doctor know at my next visit and see what she says.
Six14 likes this.
October 21st, 2013, 08:42 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
*Lurking from April DDC* Hormones change a lot during pregnancy and can really bring you down. That said I'm glad you'll be checking with your doctor. Sometimes even though things are going great we still have worries and that coupled with hormones can really lead to struggles.
Just wanted to send Hugs!

October 21st, 2013, 04:19 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, the hormones are crazy. I just about cried the other night when I couldn't find out dish soap.... My hubby didn't understand. Heck, I didn't either. lol I'm glad you're talking to your Dr. I hope you get to feeling better!
October 24th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Veteran
I have felt more down during pregnancy, too. Some days are worse than others. It's just weird to not feel myself.

((hugs))

DH, 29
DSS, 8

2 Furbabies

EDD: 3/3/14

TEAM GREEN!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search