diaper bags

Forum: March 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2013, 09:59 AM
peaches84's Avatar Super Mommy
do any of you have diaper bags picked out, i'm having a hard time deciding.

6/15/13
November 8th, 2013, 10:01 AM
madis-mama17's Avatar Veteran
I need to get a new one as well... I honestly haven't even looked yet lol I'm kinda slacking until after Christmas
November 8th, 2013, 10:20 AM
jes81878's Avatar Jennifer
My husband just HAS to have a FSU diaper bag,lol. He really is set on it, and he said,...if I didn't want an FSU bag, I could pick whatever I wanted, and we would just have two. I will probably end up getting him one for his b-day and just using it too.
My Son 13
Husband no bio/children (but the best father ever to my two boys)
TTC for 4 years
IVF in June 2013 (BFP)
1st Beta (10dp5dt) #761

Boy/Girl Twins

November 8th, 2013, 10:37 AM
StephanieMitchell's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm crazy for Coach bags. I own several of them, and when I found out they make diaper bags complete with changing pads and everything, I flipped! I know how unnecessary it is, but I think I'm going to look for a used one on craigslist.

We were going to have a baby, but we had an angel instead
Feb. 2013 at 8wks
November 8th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
This is the third bag I bought with my son, and worth every penny. I loved this thing. Best choice I had made.

Its a skip hop studio
Amazon.com: Skip Hop Studio Diaper Bag Tote Bag, Pewter Dot: Baby

November 8th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Veteran
I'm using a 31 bag for a diaper bag this time. Love it already!
November 8th, 2013, 12:49 PM
i'm trying to decide between something that can double as a purse (and still be cute) so I never have to switch back and forth or something like a jujube be prepared so I can be uber organized. I had a purse-like one last time. the jujube I guess is really big though. I don't have any stores near here to check them out, I have to order online and hope it's something I like or spend tons in shipping back and forth until I find one I like. I also want something big to hold my cloth diapers which can take up a lot of space. so I love to hear what other people have used and liked in the past.

6/15/13
November 8th, 2013, 01:11 PM
I only ever put my wallet and keys, chapstick, and a pen in the diaper bag. Then when we just had quick little trips I would take a purse and swap my wallet to that carrying a diaper or two and wipes. I keep a bin of diapers, wipes, change of clothes, pads, underwear, and a shirt in my car at all times, along with the moby and ergo. So if I don't have it ON me, its only in the parking lot if needed

November 8th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Mrs. D's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm thinking that I'll just use my 31 bag. I have a changing pad in a JuJuBe Be Right Back I can use. But I will probably end up getting another diaper bag somewhere down the road. I have a horrible habit of convincing myself that I NEED new things.

November 8th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Nicole1481's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have this one in a different print. I got it when I had colt, it's still like bran new so it will work for both of them.

designer diaper bags - nylon stripe stevie baby bag

November 8th, 2013, 03:18 PM
momma2cupcakes's Avatar Regular
I'm going to be getting a ju-ju-be Be prepared. I love big diaper bags that can hold everything. I'm not sure of the print I'm getting yet but I had a ju-ju-be with my last daughter and loved my bag. I know it's a little pricey but it lasted me from her birth til I didn't need it anymore.
November 8th, 2013, 06:49 PM
Super Mommy
Got a 31 bag. I just use receiving blankets for the changing tables anyway. I have two old ones that fell out whenever I grabbed anything anyway.

Mommy to Miles born 11/07/09.
Anxiously awaiting the arrival of baby boy Dylan due March 14th, 2014!

November 8th, 2013, 06:54 PM
Thats funny because I never use the changing pad either.

November 8th, 2013, 11:10 PM
Veteran
I am getting the Carters Zip Front Bag in black from Babies R Us. It is so cute and can hold everything

November 9th, 2013, 08:05 AM
maybethistime's Avatar Super Mommy
I had the Jujube be prepared last time. I liked it and after a year I sold it for a good price Now I need another bag. I"m thinking Timi & Leslie this time around. The Cassie bag
2009/09/07 - Angel #1
2010/05/18 - Angel #2
DS born 2011
Baby #3 EDD March 3, 2014

November 9th, 2013, 08:02 PM
I just ordered the jujube be prepared in royal envy, I hope I like it. I really want to be organized it just doesn't always happen.

6/15/13
November 10th, 2013, 06:27 PM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
Yes! I just bought a new diaper bag and it arrived on Thursday. I am super pleased with my decision and already have it packed with stuff !

JJ Cole Mode Baghttp://www.amazon.ca/JJ-Cole-JMMML-D...ole+diaper+bag

I got it for a wollap of a deal if you ask me $28 and free shipping. I see the price has gone back up on it. There is an excellent review on that page of the bag, which is what convinced me to buy it.

This is the one I had previously, and its still in great condition so I will keep using it as a baby luggage bag for travelling: California Innovations Columbia Outfitter Diaper Bag - Black - California Innovations - Babies"R"Us

I originally picked the Columbia bag because it had so many zippered compartments and it had interior zippered pockets which I really wanted. It was lightweight and seemed well made. The problem, which I did not forsee at the time, was that I don't actually like unstructured bags. It works great as an overnight bag, I can pack a ton in it, but I always end up bringing a second smaller diaper bag anyways on trips because I don't want to carry around all his luggage obviously. Using it as a diaper bag, I can NEVER find what I want unless its in a pocket because it just collapses all over the place.

The JJ Cole one is nicely structured and so easy to find things in. Its got plenty of pockets and I don't even mind that its missing the interior zippered compartment I wanted so badly with the first bag. It has little feet on the bottom to keep it off the ground and converts from messenger style to tote style. It also has hangers for the stroller which is a nice feature. Obviously at 70$ regular its more then I wanted to spend or would spend on a bag, but since I got it on sale that wasn't an issue. The quality is good too, well above the $30 I spent.

I did read some of the reviews on the American Amazon and it sounds like people who bought from a secondary seller on Amazon may be receiving counterfit products, but Amazon was the seller for the one I bought on the Canadian website and its perfect.

Now I sound like I work for JJ Cole.

Pinterest
Flickr

Last edited by one.juniper; November 10th, 2013 at 06:33 PM.
November 11th, 2013, 04:20 PM
HeatherLyn429's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to HeatherLyn429
I'm getting either a skip hop or juju be
and introducing my new baby princess Penelope Kate born 3/18/14 5:35am 9lbs 5oz 22"
November 11th, 2013, 11:45 PM
Veteran
Whoops I hadn't even put one on my lst of things to buy! Clearly a necessity then!

November 13th, 2013, 02:13 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabs4cherubs View Post
I'm using a 31 bag for a diaper bag this time. Love it already!
Did the same thing -- I picked a large purse that converts to a smaller purse if you adjust the straps. It's roomy enough to put lots of diapers, changing pad and much more! You can also get it personalized. I just had our family last name put on it as when I go back to work after maternity leave I'll have to use a daycare service and I'd rather have our bag well labeled with our name Here's the info in case you're interested:

Vary You Versatile Bag Vary You Versatile Bag | Catalog | Thirty-One Gifts
Item Code: 4226
$75

I got the one that's turquoise in color, love it! The bag comes in a couple of other colors too. There are other styles of bag that can work for a diaper bag. Me personally, I didn't want something so huge it couldn't be placed under a seat or in a stoller storage area. And even though we are having a girl, I didn't want my hubby to feel awkward carrying it, so picking a design/color was easier with the turquoise fabric and was gender neutral enough (purchased before we knew we were having a girl).

April 2013 - referred to RE due to failed reverse vasectomy

June 2013 - Hubby has TESE / Egg retreival and transfer (IVF/ICSI)

July 9, 2013 - BFP!
July 31, 2013 - 1st ultrasound, one baby bean with heartbeat!

November 7, 2013 - It's a GIRL!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search