baby buys

Forum: March 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
  • 1 Post By Six14
  • 1 Post By Mrs. D
  • 1 Post By Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
  • 1 Post By Mrs. D
  • 1 Post By Schofield06
  • 1 Post By Schofield06
  • 1 Post By Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 14th, 2013, 10:01 PM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
Sorry no pics, but today I picked up some wash cloths and a towel for baby. Then I found a shirt I have previously bough, and returned, marked down to $1.80. FANTASTIC. No reason not to buy it.

Then I got hangers. I have SO many baby hangers, it actually shocks me how many, but I picked up 50 more. I like to have everything, EVERYTHING. When they get bigger I put jammies in the drawer but up to 6m I hang them.

Also I picked up some onsies and some little pants. Just a few things we were missing from his wardrobe.

I love buying little baby items. Makes me happy. Only 19 more weeks till I am due lol

Oh I almost forgot, found my little man a boy baby doll. He was SO excited. Even took the baby to bed. He usually has two little girl ones in bed and was so excited to find a little boy. Even better it was only $9
melissaleigh and luckygirl777 like this.

November 15th, 2013, 09:01 AM
melissaleigh's Avatar Unashamed POASer
We are getting closer!!! I'm like you - I hang everything too
November 15th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Alaska Baby14's Avatar Gonna be a family of 4!
I hang certain things and fold others I need some more baby hangers!!! I've started getting baby clothes too and I scored a baby monitor for free!! I can't believe were over half way there already!!!

<3
November 15th, 2013, 09:54 AM
The baby has a long dresser with 6 drawers, but I keep diapers in one drawer, two have blankets, one has sheets and mattress protectors, and they usually one becomes jammies at one point. not sure what the last one will be good for just yet. We will see. I have more blankets lol. I just like being able to look and see whats available, I can't see it as well in the drawers.

I also have a hanging organizer in the closet I used with Leiland, but I am not sure I will use it as much this time. Might take it downstairs for the closet to keep some things downstairs for baby (burp cloths, blankets, couple outfits, ect)

November 15th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Alaska Baby14's Avatar Gonna be a family of 4!
Yeah, I usually keep a drawer of towels, spit rags, and blankets. The changing table has 3 drawers and I always put the diapers in the top drawer and Jammie's in the bottom drawer. Kayla had a TON of short sleeved onesies so I folded those and her pants. I'd hang up the dresser onesies and outfits. Now that she's older I just hang her shirts and onesies and fold her pants and Jammie's!

<3
November 15th, 2013, 10:08 AM
oh yeah onsies and burp clothes were in there for him too, so thats likely what will go in there. I don't have a separate changing table just put a changing pad on the long dresser

November 15th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Veteran
You are doing great! I just made my first baby purchases this week. I got a full set of cloth diapers and covers, a crib, mattress, car seat, bassinet, and one outfit. ONE! that is all.
Mrs. D likes this.
November 15th, 2013, 11:08 AM
StephanieMitchell's Avatar Super Mommy
Wow, I feel like I'm really behind! All I have so far is a nursing pillow, a car seat cover, a sling, a bumbo chair, a tummy time play mat and matching baby seat, a bathtub, and a Beaba baby food maker. Almost all of this was given to DH and I. I have ZERO outfits!

We were going to have a baby, but we had an angel instead
Feb. 2013 at 8wks
November 15th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Well I already have all the big stuff because my son is only 2 1/2, so I only need some littler things. And only a few clothing items.

November 15th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Veteran
I wish I had a closet in the babies room for clothes. Our changing table has 3 long drawers which holds most of her newborn, and 0-3 month clothes, and a side tower which has diapers and wipes in it. Then we have a dresser that has 4 long drawers which will have her older clothes in it, and we'll just switch out the clothes as she grows.
November 15th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Mrs. D's Avatar Super Mommy
I already have some baby stuff left over from DS. Lots of cloth diapers, even though they're mostly boyish. Lots of gender neutral stuff, too since he had the Classic Pooh nursery theme in sage (from Target).

We've been given some baby girl clothes already. And I've ordered one super cute girly diaper cover. But our first big purchase looks like it will be this BAYVIEW JUNIOR LOFT for DS. There is very little space in his bedroom to add a crib and changing table. So he's getting a super cool loft bed with built in dresser drawers, enough dresser space for him and his sister to share. And that will make just enough space for us to get an Ikea crib and changing table.

November 15th, 2013, 03:17 PM
wow that bed is awesome. I love those.
Mrs. D likes this.

November 15th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Mrs. D's Avatar Super Mommy
I know, right? I'm thinking "where was that bed when I was a kid?"

November 15th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've only bought a few outfits and yarn to crochet baby stuff with. I've been kind of gripped out about the outfits by my hubby. He thinks I should not spend ANYTHING on baby until after the baby shower. I won't buy a ton of stuff before then, but i keep telling him if I see something I really like/want, I'm buying it. My mom has bought several things for baby boy too. It's her first grand kid, and she's going a bit overboard. lol. It's fun going shopping with her.
November 15th, 2013, 04:40 PM
The main thing keeping me from buying clothes now, is they are all so wintery and this baby is due at the end of march - when it starts warming up here, and I don't want him in red flannel or covered in moose. Even though I love these I want him seasonally appropriate.

November 15th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Yea, that's why I haven't bought a lot of stuff also. Some of it's pretty cute, but I don't think he'll need to be wearing warm clothes through the summer either lol. I got a little suit because it was adorable and half price, and one other outfit that's long sleeve, but not too warm. He'll be able to still wear it in March here. We still get some colder days.
November 15th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Also I have my sons summer wardrobe that is enough for 3m/6m/9m so he won't need anything there either.
Schofield06 likes this.

November 15th, 2013, 07:26 PM
That's nice. This is our first, so we don't have anything.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search