5 random facts GTKY

Forum: March 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree16Likes
  • 1 Post By Nicole1481
  • 3 Post By melissaleigh
  • 3 Post By Vandertramp
  • 3 Post By madis-mama17
  • 2 Post By Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
  • 1 Post By StephanieMitchell
  • 2 Post By Six14
  • 1 Post By jes81878

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 15th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Nicole1481's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lets do a get to know you. Give 5 unknown facts about yourself.

1. When I was 4 years old in church I would tell my mom I was going to the bathroom. After I was gone way too long, she'd come looking for me. Id always be in the nursing mothers room (room where moms could take their fussy babies) giving the moms advise on how to take care of their babies. My mom said everyone thought it was so cute and couldnt believe I was so knowledgeable (I had 4 younger siblings).

2. When I was a kid I wanted to be a surgeon or prima ballerina.

3. My husband is my best friend

4. I had my oldest son just a few weeks after I turned 17. I could never bare to leave him so I revolved my whole life around him. Got a degree in early education and worked at preschools so I could bring him with me to work.

5.My parents left when I was 16. (mom moved out, dad took a job out of town) I was left to take care of my brothers 11 &12 and soon enough my newborn son.

Next.....
Six14 likes this.

November 15th, 2013, 09:25 AM
melissaleigh's Avatar Unashamed POASer
1. Only person in my family to get a high school diploma and college degree
2. My DD is the funniest, sweetest person I know and I love her more then anything
3. I make 200K a year and my favorite food is Ramen Noodles - like the 25 cent a package kind. I eat them several times a week - You would think I would upgrade to a better soup but that is my favorite
4. Christmas is my favorite Holiday and I start planning decorating and gifts months in advance
5. Grew up in Foster Care and have made a pretty successful life for myself.
November 15th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
1. I went to boarding school on a farm in Vermont for high school and still know how to horseback ride and milk cows.
2. Played rugby in college for a team ranked in the #10 in the country and for a time was ranked as the #1 Hooker (it is a rugby position) in New York State.
3. Graduated Cornell Cum Laude and did not even know until about 6 months later when DH was hanging up my diploma and pointed it out to me.
4. I am the oldest of 4 kids, the other 3 are all the same age, 2 are twins and I have a brother adopted from India.
5. My "back up" career in case the whol law thing did not work out, was to be a competitive eater (my parents used to enter me in pie eating contests when I was little)

November 15th, 2013, 10:06 AM
madis-mama17's Avatar Veteran
1. I have worked in the medical field since I was 16 (11yrs) and I got my bachelors degree in elementary education and early childhood development

2. I married my high school sweet heart when I was 18 just out of school. ( we are best friends)

3. I have the most beautiful 2 year old daughter in the world! It took us 6 years to have her!

4. I'm obsessed with Disney movies and harry potter!!

5. I have a blood disease that will most likely in the next few years turn into cancer. I'm scared but 100% grateful for my DD and that I was able to get pregnant quick this time to make her a big sister and at least have 1 other child. I'm keeping a positive attitude and hope that I don't have th go through chemo
November 15th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
1. I am 1 in 5 kids. The middle of the 5, the youngest of my mom and dads kids, and the oldest that lived with my mom (my older brother and sister moved with my dad). Curently we are 31, 30, 29 (me), 22, and 13.

2. I have moved 10 times in the last 10 1/2 years and have lived in 7 states in that time. Thank you Air Force.

3. I am an absolute pack rat. I hate it but I have a really hard time parting with things. I don't value them more then my family or relationships but just can't part with them.

4. I still love to color

5. DH and I got pregnant our first month dating and I lost the baby at 16 weeks. Then we were married 1 year and 1 day after we started dating.
Nicole1481 and Six14 like this.

November 15th, 2013, 11:29 AM
StephanieMitchell's Avatar Super Mommy
1. I had a pet squirrel named Peanut for 8 years

2. I've lived in Florida my entire life. I have only left the state 4 times and I've never seen snow.

3. I still sleep with a stuffed animal I've had since I was about 8. Though, I mostly use it for a pillow

4. My older brother, while growing up was very ill will a cyst on his brain. He had over 60 brain surgeries by the time he was 21.

5. Because my brother was in and out of the hospital so much, and obviously my parents were always coming and going as well, I now have pretty severe separation anxiety and HATE having to do anything by myself. Even if its something as simple as going to the post office or the grocery store, I ALWAYS make DH go with me.

We were going to have a baby, but we had an angel instead
Feb. 2013 at 8wks
November 15th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Veteran
I think we did this once before so I might be repeating.

1. On Christmas Eve, my oldest will be the exact age to the day that I was when he was born, 18 years, 4 months and 2 days. He is in college now and majoring in Mechanical Engineering.

2. I was never able to leave my children with any sort of child care provider because I dreaded leaving them and missing out on anything, so I worked as a nanny and daycare worker, and/or worked nights to stay home as long as possible (15 years). This time I have no choice and am terrified!

3. My marriage to my first husband ended when I discovered he was sleeping with a 16 year old girl who was his employee (he was 32). When I left him, he drank a bottle of antifreeze, broke into my house and layed down in my oldest sons bed and tried to die. I worked in the hospital he was ambulanced to and was the person responsible for acquiring the antidote to antifreeze poisoning for him, which was at the time on a national shortage. I found out about his suicide attempt only when given the information on paper that a patient was in ICU with antifreeze poisoning and saw it was him. When that didn't work, he bought a gun off the street and hid in my bushes in front of my house waiting to kill me and my kids. A neighbor saw him and warned me. They had to lock down all theschools in the neighborhood. He was caught and put in a mental hospital.

4. My youngest son has pre-leukemia (myelodysplastic syndrome), and will likely end up with Leukemia within several years. He was diagnosed on his 6th birthday, and the major problem is his chronic low neutrophil count which makes him succeptable to serious infection. I am terrified every time he gets sick. He will be 13 in 2 months. I banked cord blood for my other children, but they would not let me with twins, so sadly I do not have his. Also, he is the only of my children to have a combination of my husbands Rh factor and my blood type and is not a match for anyone in my family. All of my other kids have the same blood and the same as their dad and half of my family.

5. Both of my parents are bipolar, and my mother was an alcoholic for 26 years and suffered from anorexia. She is now sober, but addicted to narcotics. My father also is autistic- he has a mild form of Aspergers. Life growing up was very difficult.

Last edited by Six14; November 15th, 2013 at 11:43 AM.
November 15th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Veteran
1. I am adopted, and my birth mom was pregnant with me at the same age as I am now.

2. My DF is my high school sweetheart. We were friends 5 years before we started dating lol.

3. I am terrified of being in the city and driving on the highway. I avoid it at all costs!

4. Thanksgiving and Christmas are my favorite holidays and they're the only time I see my family.

5. I would rather be a stay at home mom then work, but we don't make enough money
November 15th, 2013, 12:44 PM
jes81878's Avatar Jennifer
Wow, everyone' life seems so interesting compared to mine. I will try and find something interesting to tell.

1. I met my now husband in a random chat room in Yahoo (1999). It wasn't a dating site, but just a random room (he lived in FL and I lived in WV...not sure how we ended up in the same room). We had an instant connection and kept in touch for over 5 years, and one day, we were both single and bored and decided to met for a long weekend in 2004. We have been together ever since.

2. I'm a very calm and laid back person. I've never been in a fight or even had a speeding ticket, but if I'm watching my son play a game of soccer or basketball, I become crazy and could easily see myself getting into a fight or doing something completely out of character for me.

3. I'm really big on responsibly and respect and can't stand irresponsible people. My boys have been doing volunteer work since they were 4, and probably have over 200 hours or more of combined community service. I'm very proud of how they have turned out.

4. My dad owned a construction company while growing up, and I love doing home projects. I could spend hours in Lowes or Home Depot....drives my husband crazy.

5. My mom has never wore make-up and dressed up. When I was growing up, she kept my hair short like a boy. I have had a rat tail in my 1st grade school picture and was always mistaken as a boy.
1stTimeMommy92 likes this.
My Son 13
Husband no bio/children (but the best father ever to my two boys)
TTC for 4 years
IVF in June 2013 (BFP)
1st Beta (10dp5dt) #761

Boy/Girl Twins

November 15th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1) We raised all sorts of animals and had a garden growing up and that was our main source of food. We didn't have much and it was cheaper this way, but now I miss the homegrown food. Store bought just isn't the same.

2) The first time my parents realized I could read, I told them the name of the restaurant we were at. We'd never been there so they asked how I knew what it was called. I said that's what the sign says.

3) Social situations don't make me nervous or anything, but i am kind of shy. I never have any idea what to talk to people about, so I usually just don't say much.

4) I can get completely lost in a book. I don't do it as much any more. When I was younger my parents would have to walk across the room and nudge me to get my attention when I was reading because I would never hear them calling or even yelling my name. I also would get grounded from reading anything at home because it was the only punishment that really worked for me.

5) My parents are both teachers, and I am planning on getting a masters degree and teaching biology.
November 15th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Super Dad AKA mommy
1 i am and airforce brat dad retired when i was 13
2. my parents divorced when I was 13 as well
3. I was in 5 schools in 3 countries and 2 states in 1987
4. I am rather quiet when i don't know people in public, better off 1 on 1
5. my last words to my father were F U, 2 months before my wedding and when he died 5 years later it was 3 months before i found out

November 16th, 2013, 01:25 AM
Super Mommy
1. I have a degree in music education, but I train dogs for a living.
2. Before my son was born, I had him signed up for daycare. After meeting and understanding his sensory processing disorder, I changed our schedule, so my his and or I could be home with him. Tough, but so worth it!
3. When I was 4 months pregnant with my son, my husband lost his job and started working for our pet sitting and dog walking company. Turns out it was meant to be, so we could properly care for our son.
4. I can wear anything but cotton clothing. This is partly why I chose to work with animals.
5. It took six years to talk my hubby into actually getting married because he was a wild Rockstar.

Mommy to Miles born 11/07/09.
Anxiously awaiting the arrival of baby boy Dylan due March 14th, 2014!

November 16th, 2013, 01:25 AM
Super Mommy
1. I have a degree in music education, but I train dogs for a living.
2. Before my son was born, I had him signed up for daycare. After meeting and understanding his sensory processing disorder, I changed our schedule, so my his and or I could be home with him. Tough, but so worth it!
3. When I was 4 months pregnant with my son, my husband lost his job and started working for our pet sitting and dog walking company. Turns out it was meant to be, so we could properly care for our son.
4. I can wear anything but cotton clothing. This is partly why I chose to work with animals.
5. It took six years to talk my hubby into actually getting married because he was a wild Rockstar.

Mommy to Miles born 11/07/09.
Anxiously awaiting the arrival of baby boy Dylan due March 14th, 2014!

November 16th, 2013, 08:00 AM
HeatherLyn429's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to HeatherLyn429
1. This is my 7th baby, but 11th pregnancy. I have had several losses

2. I met my husband when I was in nursing school--his dad was my patient.

3. I never went to Disney as a child but I have taken my own kids 6 times. It is my absolute favorite place on earth

4. I conceived my 6th son in the middle of the Atlantic ocean while on a cruise for our 10th anniversary

5. I had my oldest son 2 months after my 16th birthday
and introducing my new baby princess Penelope Kate born 3/18/14 5:35am 9lbs 5oz 22"
November 16th, 2013, 04:02 PM
MandyEllen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1) My Dad's family owns a zoo. So I really did grow up with lions and tigers and bears!
2) My sister and I are married to brothers, so my baby will have cousins that have both sets of grandparents the same (except DH's parents are passed).
3) My grandmother's funeral was on my 30th birthday. She left me the most beautiful blue topaz and diamond ring that I have worn every day since(my grandfather gave it to her for their 10th anniversary)! I have her wedding band as my wedding band too.
4) My favorite sport is high school wrestling. It's one of the reasons my husband loves me. He wrestled and coached. We go to all of our old high school's matches, even if it's o. Valentine's Day.
5) My auburn hair is my best feature. I've had people stop me to ask me what dye I use, but it's natural.
7/12/13 - 16 dpo beta=825
7/19/13 - 23 dpo beta=18,870
7/26/13 - 30 dpo beta=72,091

November 18th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Alaska Baby14's Avatar Gonna be a family of 4!
I've loved reading these!!!

1. I was married once before, for about 7 years. Never used preventatives and never got pregnant. I thought I was broken and would never have kids. However, my current husband and I got pregnant with our first within 2 months of being together. Kayla is my miracle baby. But then, I missed a few days of BC and that's how I conceived this one. Im definitely not broken and neither is my current husband. lol

2. I met my current husband online when I was 13 and I was 25 when we finally met face to face. We always wanted to be together but I was too scared to leave my life in Nebraska. When I was 27, I finally decided to take the leap of faith and I moved to NC to be with him. Best decision I've ever made, I just hate that it took me so long to do it. I truly believe in fairy tale endings and that dreams do come true.

3. In 2011, there was a fire in my apartment and I lost everything, except for a little bit of jewelry that wasn't flammable. I literally had nothing except my cell phone, car, and the clothes on my back. Thank God for renters insurance. I'll never get that stuff back, but at least they gave me money to help rebuild my life.

4. We currently have 5 generations of women on my moms side of the family. My great grandma, grandma, mom, me and my daughter. My great grandma is 98 years old and Kayla just turned 1. Up until last month, my daughter had two great great grandmas, but the other one just passed away at 100 years of age. The women tend to have long lives in my family!

5. Im seriously still a kid at heart and couldn't wait to have kids so I'd have a reasonable excuse to color and play with play-dough again, among other fun kid things. Im so excited I have a daughter so that I can basically relive my child hood thru her. lol Im also excited for the holidays so I can make the same magic I felt, the same for her!!!

<3
November 18th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Regular
Wow!! I love reading all of these. What a diverse group of women and experiences. Here are 5 facts about me:
1. I have an older sister who looks nothing like me. People are shocked to learn that we have the same parents. We also have distinctly different personalities and views.
2. I began to compete in dance at age 9. I'd travel to different competitions, and take lessons from celebrity dance teachers such as Michael Jackson's dance instructor!!
3. I went to a high school in upstate NY that had a performing arts school within it. I participated in dance, voice, and drama. I love the theatre to this day.
4. I cannot tolerate American cheese. My gag reflex kicks in at the mere sight of it.
5. I find humor in most things, and struggle to take things seriously.
November 20th, 2013, 02:59 AM
Veteran
1. Only sibling (out of 4) in my family to not be born in Alaska. I was raised in Alaska from 2 years old and only left to go to college and when I got married to my Air Force hubby.

2. Since getting married, I've been able to travel around Europe. So far while living in Europe I've made it to England, Spain, France, Italy, Sicily, Monaco, Czech Republic, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Austria, Turkey, Greece, Crete, Canary Islands, Slovenia, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands and all over Germany. Still so much of the world left to see! Can you tell I L-O-V-E to travel?!

3. I was diagnosed with major hearing loss in my left ear when I was a child and no known cause was found. By high school I lost a bit in my right ear too. Hearing aids gave me headaches and vertigo so I have made do without them and lip read a lot.

4. My husband and I met online. None of our family and friends know this, we wanted to keep it our secret. Shhhh, don't tell

5. Can't stand any type of beans, boiled cabbage and won't eat mushrooms unless they are really really tiny chopped up. I know, I'm weird.

April 2013 - referred to RE due to failed reverse vasectomy

June 2013 - Hubby has TESE / Egg retreival and transfer (IVF/ICSI)

July 9, 2013 - BFP!
July 31, 2013 - 1st ultrasound, one baby bean with heartbeat!

November 7, 2013 - It's a GIRL!

November 20th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Veteran
1. Dh and I met online when I was 17, we had only known each other 6 months when we got married and only about two weeks total of that was spent psychically together.

2. I've never been out of the US, I've flown over Canada what seems like a million times but I've never gotten to visit.

3. I use to LOVE orange soda until I got pregnant with my son and did the glucose test, now almost 4 years later I can't stand the taste of it

4. My dream job is to be a nurse/midwife, I plan to go back to college for it after were done having babies and the last one is weaned.

5. My dh and I do practically everything together, not because we can't do it on our own but because we thoroughly enjoy each other's company.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search