Pregnancy brain

Forum: March 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By 2014 Offshoremama78
  • 1 Post By Kitcat10126
  • 1 Post By Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 16th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
Seriously SUCKS. I used to have an incredible memory. Then I got pregnant and its never gone away but instead each pregnancy it gets worse and worse. My husband can tell me something, I answer, and I have forgotten what he said that I have to ask what I just answered to. I am constantly going upstairs or in another room for something and have no clue what. The other day I left a brand new milk on the counter and went to bed.

The reason I am so annoyed about this is that I am usually really good at Christmas, but I can't seem to remember a single things i intended to get hubby for Christmas. I just had to ask him again because I couldn't even remember his big main gift. It already wasn't going to be a surprise, but I feel so lame about it all.

I just want a functioning brain back.

November 16th, 2013, 11:10 PM
2014 Offshoremama78's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hear you on this.. Being a server, my brain needs to be sharp..
Well tonight I forgot a Bruchetta app, and they forgave me,
but I felt like such an asshat... I would forget my head right now if
it weren't attached...
Kitcat10126 likes this.

My Ovulation Chart

Soy Iso Believer
ACM conceived with Soy Iso On 07/04/13
Currently (10/2014) TTC With SI, SMEP, BBT, CM, CP, and OPK

Alexander Cameron Murphy
02/27/2014 - 02/27/2014
November 17th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Kitcat10126's Avatar Veteran
Offshoremama78, I'm right there with you. I almost brought a table their drinks 3 times because I kept forgetting I had already done it
November 17th, 2013, 12:19 PM
oh man thats really funny kitcat.

Today I almost put jelly in the pantry and I regularly forget when I cook something on the stove as well as the microwave.

November 17th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Veteran
Last doctors visit I asked her to confirm that this was a real thing...

Then I promptly asked her to write me a note to work to prove it to my supervisor who believes I'm making it up.... the doctor would not.
November 17th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Mrs. D's Avatar Super Mommy
I've read that in a way it is and in a way it isn't a real thing. There's apparently nothing special about pregnancy that makes you forget things and pregnant women have the ability to remember the same number of things as anyone else.

BUT, (<--that's a big but, teehee) a pregnant woman usually has a lot more on her mind than usual. When the top several tiers of her mind are now occupied with the new baby growing in her belly, of course the bottom several things are going to be bumped off.

Add to that effect stress, insomnia, and growing physical discomfort, it's no wonder we can't remember where we put the keys...when they're still in our hands.
November 17th, 2013, 03:40 PM
omg asking your dr to write a note is hilarious. My mind isn't overtaken with baby stuff though. I still have days I forget I am pregnant. Pregnancy brain maybe? lol

Its ok though, when baby is here I will start taking ginko again in hopes to help. The exhaustion really makes me foggy and forgetful.
Mrs. D likes this.

November 18th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I feel you all on this too, its gotten so bad I am having to rely on my DH to remember things which is a struggle as his memory sucks lol!

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

November 18th, 2013, 09:22 AM
My hubby has an incredible memory when it comes to work and school, but he can't remember things I tell him for anything

November 18th, 2013, 05:09 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My memory is usually not good. It's getting kind of ridiculous now though. I have to make lists, and even then sometimes I forget my lists. I feel like My DH has been having some sort of sympathy pregnancy brain too though. He is often forgetting things, and I've found the stove burners left on from when he made his supper when I get home at 11:30 at night. He's usually got a good memory lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search