Holidays are coming!!

Forum: March 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 19th, 2013, 06:59 AM
StephanieMitchell's Avatar Super Mommy
My MIL wanted me to make a Christmas list...but I'm really just at a loss. I cant think of anything I really need or want! I could use some new tires on my car and I need a couple new cookie sheets, but lol what kind of Christmas list is that??
So far this is what I've come up with:
Tires
cookie sheets
photo albums/picture frames
car phone charger
anything off my babies r us registry

Whats on your list this year?

We were going to have a baby, but we had an angel instead
Feb. 2013 at 8wks
November 19th, 2013, 07:25 AM
Mrs. D's Avatar Super Mommy
DH always has a hard time thinking of a gift for me. And usually when he asks me what I want I can't think of anything. So to make things easier this year I've been making a list, every time I think of something that I would like (not that I necessarily WANT, just something that I would appreciate if I got it) I add it to the list.

Things on my list include:

Sheepskin slippers
Stevia growing kit
Well tuned wind chime (like Corinthian Bell brand, they sound absolutely beautiful!)
New iPad case
Soft wool socks (Smartwool brand is good)
A nice ladies' watch with mother-of-pearl face

I also like it when people donate to World Vision in lieu of giving me something. I really don't need expensive gifts. But if someone donates, say, a sheep or a share of a well I think that is money better spent.

Charity Gift Catalog | Gifts that Give Back | World Vision

Last edited by Mrs. D; November 19th, 2013 at 07:38 AM.
November 19th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Veteran
My FIL is going to ask the same question and off the top of my head (it's usually a family gift that he gets hubby and I and then usually whatever our son wants) also note he usually gives us a price range and/or a check so depending on that we will probably pay for whatever's left out of pocket if we ultimately go with one of the more expensive items.

New tv
Desk top (hubby will be going back to school next year)
Anything on our baby registry
Ninja/vitamix/other brand (dh and I are trying to decide which one we want)
Things for the kitchen (dh and I both cook so random gadgets for the kitchen for us to try is always nice)
November 19th, 2013, 09:22 AM
momma2cupcakes's Avatar Regular
I usually always have the same things on my list. Pajamas are always on there. I love my pj's and sweaters. I also love to bake so anything baking related works for me. Other than that I really have no idea of anything I need or want.
November 19th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Veteran
Me and DF are actually not doing Christmas gifts this year for each other bac use we cannot afford anything...it stinks but we need to save for the baby. If any family members ask, I usually just tell them sweatpants or sweatshirt from Victoria Secret lol. I made df a list before we decided not to do gifts, but on it was an ipad mini that I could use while feeding the baby and he offered to give me his instead :/

Last edited by 1stTimeMommy92; November 19th, 2013 at 06:13 PM.
November 19th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
I just had a big birthday because hubby is nuts, so my list is about empty. I want some sewing items and some kitchen things but thats it

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search