What're you're plans for T-day?!

Forum: March 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Butterflykisses2

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 25th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Alaska Baby14's Avatar Gonna be a family of 4!
Are you traveling or hosting?! I wish I could go home and visit family but definitely not possible. :/ but at least our little circle of friends is getting together. (And not at my house YAY!!) lol Gotta love my military family!! Makes being away from relatives a little easier!!

<3
November 25th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
Hubby is deployed till the week after thanksgiving so its just me and the toddler. I will make a turkey breast for us but nothing crazy. Mashed potatoes. And I figure we can make a couple turkey crafts that day

November 25th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Regular
We are having dinner with friends from church Between my friend who is hosting and my other friend's husband (who is basically a chef) they have everything covered. Not sure what we could even bring, but I think it is going to be a delicious and fun
Thanksgiving. I am very thankful for great friends to spend the day with and great food to eat.
November 25th, 2013, 07:01 PM
peaches84's Avatar Super Mommy
I work, darn healthcare occupation. I don't recommend it.

6/15/13
November 25th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Nicole1481's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We r spending a few days at the mountain house, then thanksgiving day at my brothers with my family. So glad we have the opportunity to be with family this year.

November 25th, 2013, 11:09 PM
Mrs. D's Avatar Super Mommy
We are going to a friend's house, but I will be making a lot of the goodies, like the turkey, and the gravy and the pumpkin pie, and the green bean casserole.

We're spending Thanksgiving with our military family this year...in Japan. It's so strange! lol
November 26th, 2013, 03:50 AM
Super Mommy
We have to work, but we will be escaping to my mom's house for part of the day to celebrate. We own a pet sitting business, so we always had to work holidays. As long as none of our employees get sick, our load should be light this year.

Mommy to Miles born 11/07/09.
Anxiously awaiting the arrival of baby boy Dylan due March 14th, 2014!

November 26th, 2013, 05:07 AM
StephanieMitchell's Avatar Super Mommy
I will be going to my grandparents house for thanksgiving lunch, then to Dh's moms house for thanksgiving dinner! I'm going to have to be rolled home lol
They both live about an hour and a half from Dh and I, so the travel wont be too bad.

We were going to have a baby, but we had an angel instead
Feb. 2013 at 8wks
November 26th, 2013, 05:46 AM
Veteran
I am doing all the cooking and hosting. Just my in-laws are coming since my family planned thanksgiving without me. I'm over it! My in-laws are wonderful and fun so I am really looking forward! There will be 9 of us in total.
November 26th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Regular
I'm going to my husbands Aunt's house. There will be at least 16 adults there plus some kids. I'm not really looking forward to it because there is palpable tension between my mother in law and her sister. It's very awkward and uncomfortable. They usually don't even speak so it's quite odd that we are going there. His Aunt's house is immaculate and so I think that must be why it will be there. I'm making the stuffing. I hope it turns out good since I've never made it before!
November 26th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I probably won't do anything on Thursday. My side of the family has already had a dinner, and my husbands side is coming over on Friday for diner. I will work, and I might even sleep in a little that morning. I work evenings.
November 26th, 2013, 11:21 PM
Veteran
Were going home!! We will get there just in time for dinner at my moms house. We're stoked (minus the 12 hour flight/layovers >.<) we haven't gotten to spend thanksgiving/Christmas etc with either of our families in 4 years. Here's hoping it stops snowing and we don't end up with delays.
Alaska Baby14 likes this.
November 27th, 2013, 05:46 AM
Mommysjb's Avatar Veteran
We are going to my mother in laws place for thanksgiving.(about 20 min away) My sister has to work so she will not be there this year. Ill be making the pies, Berry & pumpkin, Molasses cookies, and snickerdoodle cheesecake bars. The hubby is going to smoke a Bacon Explosion.... I you dont know what it is Google it... It is a melt in your mouth artery clogger we only make 1 time a year... and I get to make the gravy. It should be a lot of fun we always play games and talk and enjoy, no drinking wine this year though (it always gets a little roudy when we are opening the 2nd or 3rd bottle of wine
November 27th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Alaska Baby14's Avatar Gonna be a family of 4!
Well I hope everyone has a great thanksgiving and safe travels!!!

<3
November 27th, 2013, 03:10 PM
MandyEllen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are going to my aunt's house about 45 mins away. There will be 17 of us there. We eat so much and watch football. I'm making a cheese ball appetizer and a buffalo chicken dip appetizer. Hopefully, the chicken dip turns out ok.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO A OF YOU! I'm so thankful to be in a DDC with you all.
7/12/13 - 16 dpo beta=825
7/19/13 - 23 dpo beta=18,870
7/26/13 - 30 dpo beta=72,091

November 27th, 2013, 04:26 PM
momma2cupcakes's Avatar Regular
Hubby, one of my younger brothers and I will be doing some volunteer work in the early part of the day helping to feed the homeless then back home to help with whatever hasn't been cooked yet ( my moms doing the cooking ) and then just enjoying the rest of the evening with family. My youngest daughters birthday is on Sunday so we will be busy with that the rest of the weekend.
November 28th, 2013, 05:35 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaches84 View Post
I work, darn healthcare occupation. I don't recommend it.

You know I read this and I wanted to say thank you. I feel awful for the people that get stuck at work today, but the job you do and the attitude you bring to work can mean so much.

In 2005, my dad came out for Thanksgiving and on Thanksgiving day he realized he had forgotten his blood thinners. I drove him an hour away to go to a VA hospital in order to get these for him. The nurse came out to speak to my father (who is disable, and can't really speak) while I was taking a phone call. I saw her, got off the phone and walked up, as soon as I was close, she spun on me and said in a really disrespectful tone, "What is WRONG with him?" I don't think I have ever been more upset. I pulled this woman down the hall and actually yelled at her. I can't believe she would be so disrespectful to a veteran on Thanksgiving day. Sorry you had to work random lady but that is no reason to treat my sick father so poorly.

So peaches, I am sorry you have to work on Thanksgiving but I think what you do means so much!

Today I am my mom's house. Doing my best to take family in stride today... breath in, breath out. Mommy, I really do love you but please quit trying to talk to me when I am trying to read the news.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search