Let it snow!

Forum: March 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 10th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Veteran
I live near Philly, and it snowed really bad Monday (if anyone saw the eagles game you know what I'm talking about) well now its snowing again and we're supposed to get 3-7inches. My streets aren't cleared or salted, it's bad here. Not to mention, we didn't shovel monday so now our driveway is ice underneath! I drive a little 91 Jaguar convertible not made for snow and I feel bad since I can't get to work. My boss tried to guilt trip me to go in, but safety first! I'm not risking mine or my baby's life to work $9/hr
December 10th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Mommysjb's Avatar Veteran
it snowed here also last night, it has been an average low of 8 at night and 25 at day time for 7+ days and now we have 2 inches of snow that packed down and now its 32 degrees and heavy misting so we are getting a skating rank out here with curvy hilly roads... I didnt go into work today also but my boss told me its not worth it to just stay home.
December 10th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's been colder and snowier earlier than usual here. I'm hoping it doesn't mean we're in for a bad winter... It hasn't been too bad so far though. Still able to get out and around.
December 10th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Mommysjb's Avatar Veteran
we usually don't get hard freezes or snow on the valley floor tell mid January but this year it is early here too
December 10th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Veteran
It's awful. I feel bad cuz I can't get to work but my car is not built for snow
December 10th, 2013, 08:29 PM
icymommy's Avatar Regular
You heard about that family that was found after 48 hours of crashing their car? I think they will be on Good Morning America in the morning.

I am in North Carolina and we only experience rain and cool weather. I feel for anyone that has been hit hard with this weather.
December 12th, 2013, 12:18 AM
Alaska Baby14's Avatar Gonna be a family of 4!
My husband finally put studded tires on my car and it helps sooooo much!! But without them, I wouldn't be going anywhere unless I had my husbands truck!! We've had so much freezing rain that I can walk on top of the snow.. It's frozen hard!! I don't blame you for not going in! Safety first!! And it's been colder in the lower 48 than it has been here in alaska!!

<3
December 12th, 2013, 06:22 AM
StephanieMitchell's Avatar Super Mommy
I know you are going to think this sounds stupid...but God, I'm so jealous of all of you!
I live in Florida, and have my entire life. I've never seen snow and the last few years all this heat has really started bothering me. It's always so hot at Christmas, that it doesn't even feel like Christmas. Its really hard to get in the spirit when it's 85 degrees everyday. Last year it was a shorts, tank top and flip flops kind of Christmas, and that really sucks!! (it looks like it will be the same this year )
I sooooo want to move out of Florida and go north somewhere, but with my parents first grandchild on the way, that's just not going to happen!

We were going to have a baby, but we had an angel instead
Feb. 2013 at 8wks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search