Pumping questions .....

Forum: March 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2014, 10:52 AM
Mommysjb's Avatar Veteran
What are the best bags for storage that you ladies have used? What is the best duel electric pump you have used. any recommendations for the first timers would be great... I know we have talked about this before but I could not find it in the whopping 40 pages of posts we have on this forum....
January 18th, 2014, 02:43 PM
Mrs. D's Avatar Super Mommy
I know the Medela brand is really popular. But I didn't pump much, just occasionally for babysitters or for daddy. I don't remember the brand of pump we had with DS. But I plan to get the Medela Swing this time around.

I used the Lansinoh bags.

January 18th, 2014, 06:40 PM
HeatherLyn429's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to HeatherLyn429
I liked the medela bags for storing breastmilk and the medela double electric pump. However, this time I have an Ameda double electric pump and Ameda bags since my ins. co provided it so we'll see how this one works!
and introducing my new baby princess Penelope Kate born 3/18/14 5:35am 9lbs 5oz 22"
January 19th, 2014, 05:46 AM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
I was originally using the madela bags because they have this sticker thing that straps to your pump, but they are more expensive so I later just bought the cheapo pharmacy brand and though I couldn't strap them on to my pump it was fine I just pumped into a bottle and poured it into the bag, which was better all around anyways.

Pinterest
Flickr
January 19th, 2014, 10:56 PM
Mrs. D's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm thinking of trying these out this time around. Breast milk freezer trays by Sensible Lines,LLC

January 20th, 2014, 06:59 PM
Risa's Avatar Veteran
I used the medela pump n style and really liked it. I used all sorts of different bags--I always pumped into the bottles anyway and then transferred the milk. I didn't find much difference between the brands and was happy with target bags.

January 21st, 2014, 08:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I used the Medela Freestyle pump. It is pretty pricy (I think it was over $400 when I got it for my last child), but even compared with the In Style is is much less cumberson and easy to use. Since I start working f/t when baby is 12 weeks old I pump a lot and it is worth it for me (if I only pumped once or twice a week, I would probably go with a cheaper model). In my experience the Medela bags are better quality than Lansinoh (they have leaks less frequently), but are twice as expensive, and not worth the extra cost.

January 21st, 2014, 04:23 PM
Veteran
I have the medela pump in style (in the backpack). It works great, survived 5 pumps a day. But i have used no others to compare it to. I think its getting a little more reasonably priced now, but still over 200.

I tried a few of the Target brand bags (Up and Up), and those seemed just fine. But i only froze milk one day a week (over my weekend), so a few extra storage bottles were actually plenty for us. But if i need bags this time, i'll surely try that brand again.

Some extras i like to recommend to pumping moms: consider getting a hands free bra too. I used it almost every time, so i could eat, read, type, etc while pumping. And my car adapter was a daily must for me too, but i guess not everyone needs that. The bra though, definately. My pumping schedule was very challenging for me, but these two little things at least made it possible.
January 26th, 2014, 02:17 AM
NICU Nurse
I exclusively pumped for my last two babies. The absolute BEST bags are Honeysuckle Breast Milk Bags. You can buy them on Amazon for really cheap. (I've tried every bag out there) The Amazon reviews speak for themselves. I think I used at least 600 of those bags lol.

Amazon.com: Honeysuckle Breast Milk Storage Bags, 50 Bags (2 Packs of 25): Baby

I use a Medela, Pump in Style Advance. That pump has made it through over a year total of exclusively pumping. I got a new one for this third baby.

Last edited by Venixa; January 26th, 2014 at 02:20 AM.
January 26th, 2014, 08:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have used my medela through three babies. I use the lansinoh bags... they work well and are not as pricey.

Momma to
DD-15, DD-11, DD-7, DD-2 &
baby girl born December 20, 2014

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search