Baby Showers?

Forum: March 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Alaska Baby14
  • 1 Post By one.juniper

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 4th, 2014, 03:43 PM
Mrs. D's Avatar Super Mommy
How many of you have had your baby shower already? If not, are you going to have one? When?

If you had your shower already, what are some of your favorite gifts that you received?

Our baby shower is on the 10th. I didn't really plan on having one, since this is our 2nd, but one of my friends decided that she wanted to throw one for us anyway. I'm just looking forward to spending some time with girl friends, snacking on horsdouerves and seeing if anyone finds something really unique or super cute for a gift.
February 4th, 2014, 03:51 PM
Alaska Baby14's Avatar Gonna be a family of 4!
My friends are giving me one on the 15 th. I told them not to, but they don't listen! Lol
Mrs. D likes this.

<3
February 5th, 2014, 04:36 AM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine was Jan 25th. It was great! I had lot's of fun! I got a little rocker/chair thing for the baby. It was super nice. My favorite though was the blessing blanket that my grandmother made for me. It's so pretty!
February 5th, 2014, 10:36 AM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
I just had mine on Saturday! It was really really nice. Its also my second, but we're having a girl this time so I thought it would be ok. We got lots of girly clothes, predictably. The best gift was probably this mother goose toy - I can't get over it. Amazon.com: Mother Goose Animated Soft Plush Toy CB2850 Recites 5 Stories Nursery Rhymes: Toys & Games
Mrs. D likes this.

Pinterest
Flickr
February 5th, 2014, 10:37 AM
HeatherLyn429's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to HeatherLyn429
I had a small one on Jan 18th. Just immediate family and it was really nice
and introducing my new baby princess Penelope Kate born 3/18/14 5:35am 9lbs 5oz 22"
February 6th, 2014, 09:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Mine is this Sunday. I had one for my first and then did not have one for my second since they were close together, but now it have been over 5 years so doing it for the 3rd.... I do not know what counts as big or small I think there are 15 coming including me.

February 6th, 2014, 02:39 PM
Impatientlywaiting's Avatar Veteran
We're having an open house baby shower this Saturday! Should be very nice and laid back. My mom has been working on decorations and food for weeks so I'm sure it'll be beautiful. We invited around 50-55 friends/family and their spouses or family members
February 6th, 2014, 03:10 PM
Mommysjb's Avatar Veteran
ours was last saturday, I got a lot of really good stuff that we needed but there is still a lot we need to buy, since the weather turned bad and this snow storm blew in we are not shopping this weekend. I can't wait to finish shopping and get everything sorted out.
February 6th, 2014, 06:09 PM
Mine is this Monday, and I'm really anxious for it. Not because I'm greedy and want all sorts of stuff or anything, I just want to know what I still need to buy for ourselves before Maddie gets here. Some things need to be ordered online and there's shipping time to consider, too. And I'm pretty sure she's going to be coming a little early.
February 7th, 2014, 02:08 PM
maybethistime's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm not having a shower this time around. I'd love to do a meet and greet, but it seems like people aren't into doing showers for multiple children around here. I am though. I think every baby deserves their day
2009/09/07 - Angel #1
2010/05/18 - Angel #2
DS born 2011
Baby #3 EDD March 3, 2014

February 10th, 2014, 08:44 AM
Veteran
Mine was January 25. I love everything I got except for the clothes. I honestly can't pick a favorite item.
February 11th, 2014, 01:53 PM
I had mine a couple days ago. I everything was great. One of the older ladies crotched a blanket! Some of them even bought stuff from my registry! Lol They did try to make a snack menu compliant with my gestational diabetes needs, too. There was a low carb cheesecake even. But there was also a regular baby shower punch, mini quiches, BBQ meatballs, and brownies, all of which were hugely tempting to me!
February 14th, 2014, 12:39 AM
Veteran
Mine was this last Sunday and was done by a friend since hubby and I are stationed here in Germany, have no family to do one for us. It was really nice and we did a red poppy and turquoise theme as that's what's going to be the nursery theme. The decor was soooo spot on and she took the time to make a banner with our last name using her cricket machine!

Several friends made personalized gifts to hang on the wall. Instead of a bunch of baby shower games, my friend bought all the letters of the alphabet in wood cut outs and everyone painted and decorated them -- they'll be on display in the nursery! Everyone love it because they got to be creative and didn't have to play "stupid" baby shower games, lol. Best gift though was a surprise from a friend that moved back to the states -- she mailed her gift to the host of the shower and arranged for her to wrap it. She croteched a pair of adorable booties (inspired from Pinterest), mary janes and a pair of sandals with a matching jacket, hat and headband to match! Total surprise

Food was great and the cupcakes were amazing, not one left! lol I would post pics, but using work computer It was really nice and there were 18 people including me so I thought it was a very nice turn out for a shower. It's the only one I have, so grateful I had a friend willing to do one for me. I know she put a lot of time and money into making it nice so I gave her a gift certificate to the spa here on base as a thank you.

April 2013 - referred to RE due to failed reverse vasectomy

June 2013 - Hubby has TESE / Egg retreival and transfer (IVF/ICSI)

July 9, 2013 - BFP!
July 31, 2013 - 1st ultrasound, one baby bean with heartbeat!

November 7, 2013 - It's a GIRL!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search