So quiet!

Forum: March 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Six14
  • 1 Post By cofcgirl2004
  • 1 Post By HeatherLyn429
  • 1 Post By Schofield06
  • 3 Post By Vandertramp
  • 1 Post By Mommysjb

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2014, 10:59 AM
Veteran
Seems like everybody in this group has moved on to Facebook. It is so quiet on here. I occasionally check in on here, but with everyone pretty much gone no one is really updating. It stinks I realy enjoyed being part of this group, but now since I don't have facebook it's pretty lonely. Just wanted to say that.
February 15th, 2014, 03:23 PM
Mrs. D's Avatar Super Mommy
I know. I check here a few times a day, too. But everyone has just moved over to Facebook. In my last DDC, we didn't create the Facebook group until after the babies were all born.
February 16th, 2014, 05:16 AM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
Ya it does suck. I didn't join our FB group because my old PR moved to FB and I didn't want another one on FB. Oh well, these things happen - it would have been nice if they at least stayed on JM until the babies were born.

Pinterest
Flickr
February 16th, 2014, 03:36 PM
Regular
I agree - I have so much on facebook already. It's nice having a place that is dedicated to only this.
February 16th, 2014, 06:11 PM
sydneyrose's Avatar Veteran
I don't even have Facebook so I feel like I'm missing out all together. Especially since if you post anything, now barely anyone responds it reads it..... Lame.

February 16th, 2014, 07:07 PM
2014 Offshoremama78's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a hard time on JM lately, I come and check up , but
a lot of the time trying to post it says I can't. If this happens to triple post I am ferry
sorry...

I have a hard time on JM lately, I come and check up , but
a lot of the time trying to post it says I can't. If this happens to triple post I am ferry
sorry...

My Ovulation Chart

Soy Iso Believer

Alexander Cameron Murphy
02/27/2014 - 02/27/2014
February 16th, 2014, 07:23 PM
Alaska Baby14's Avatar Gonna be a family of 4!
Ya, I pop in over here to see if there's anything new. It has gotten quiet over here!!

<3
February 17th, 2014, 08:28 AM
Veteran
I have had trouble with posting on this site, and pictures are such a pain! Would you consider opening up a generic facebook page just for this group? I enjoy the facebook page a little better but check in here often.

And the good thing about the FB group is that it is totally private. On here, my Mom found out I was on this site from my computer, and I found out she could search for my posts from home and read everything I write.
anjewellove likes this.
February 17th, 2014, 07:51 PM
maybethistime's Avatar Super Mommy
Six14, that is so creepy and invasive of your Mom!
Keep posting your updates ladies
I'm feeling large, irritable with lots of pressure lately! 10 more days til my csection
2009/09/07 - Angel #1
2010/05/18 - Angel #2
DS born 2011
Baby #3 EDD March 3, 2014

February 18th, 2014, 05:30 AM
Veteran
Not trying to play the DA on this one, however when I joined JM I hardly got any responses -- sometimes it'd take a day or two to hear from just a couple of people. After the FB got going, I'd get responses within in minutes or sometimes at most, a few hours. Seems that people log on to FB more than JM and whenever there's a new post it shows up in your news feed on FB. JM is nice, but you have to sign in each time and open each post to read. As others have mentioned, FB is more user friendly on phones and ipads and such too. I still come to JM, but maybe at a rate of once or twice a week, versus multiple times a day on FB.

April 2013 - referred to RE due to failed reverse vasectomy

June 2013 - Hubby has TESE / Egg retreival and transfer (IVF/ICSI)

July 9, 2013 - BFP!
July 31, 2013 - 1st ultrasound, one baby bean with heartbeat!

November 7, 2013 - It's a GIRL!

February 18th, 2014, 05:58 AM
HeatherLyn429's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to HeatherLyn429
This group was always pretty quiet from the get-go I thought. FB makes it more active but I agree it would have been nice if this group had been more active all along.
and introducing my new baby princess Penelope Kate born 3/18/14 5:35am 9lbs 5oz 22"
February 18th, 2014, 07:17 AM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yea, I've noticed people aren't posting as much here anymore. I don't think our group was very active to begin with either. I don't get on the computer much over weekends, and the last few weeks I haven't had as much time to get on the computer as normal.
February 18th, 2014, 02:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was surprized this group moved to FB so quickly, my other one did not until after the babies were born. I agree this group was always quieter than the other ones. My otherones always did Christmas, Valentine, etc exchanges and due date buddies, etc...

February 23rd, 2014, 09:43 PM
Mommysjb's Avatar Veteran
I struggle with JM because I have slow internet (satellite ) and it just takes for ever with all the advertising crap they have on every page for it to load, I have never gotten a pic to load and I can not log on with my phone. But I have access to facebook with my phone easily. It is a bummer that this group has split as there were not many of us to begin with. (but I do agree it was a quiet group the entire time)
March 8th, 2014, 02:59 PM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
i moved to fb because its so much easier for me to get to there. As well as post in private and to post pictures. COME JOIN LADIES.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search