BTDT: Intercom feature for baby monitors

Forum: March 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2014, 08:46 AM
Hi BTDT Moms!

I would like to be able to have a baby monitor which I can talk back to the baby to let him know I'm on my way, soothe him, etc. I already have a baby monitor from my first which I really like, but it doesn't have this feature. I could get a new monitor that has this feature, but it'll cost me $100. For those moms who have BTDT, did you use this feature much? Thanks!
March 5th, 2014, 06:06 PM
Risa's Avatar Veteran
We have this feature and the only time we've used it is when my husband is downstairs and needs to tell me something when I'm in the nursery. Even that has only happened 2 or 3 times. When we try to talk to our little guy (now 18 months) through the monitor he gets confused. It isn't soothing to him, you can see him looking around for you, and sometimes he gets upset. I wouldn't pay extra just for this feature.

March 6th, 2014, 06:39 AM
Aw, thank you so much! That's super helpful. Yeah, I was wondering why the Amazon reviews didn't discuss the intercom feature much. The baby being confused makes sense! Thank you again.
March 8th, 2014, 02:51 PM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
right now we holler up to my son to answer his questions or tell him to lay down. I wish we had that feature. The new monitor will

March 25th, 2014, 01:33 PM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
April DDC here but I saw this post and wanted to add my 2 cents - we have two monitors with this feature for our two older girls. We honestly never used the intercom until the girls were older, like a year or so. Before that it freaked them out and made them cry, it wasn't soothing at all. Now at 3 and 4 years old it's really useful when they wake up and we want to let them know we are on our way up. Since we have cats we keep their doors shut so the cats don't go in their bedrooms. And the girls know they can get our attention by talking to the camera in their room which they love.

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here
March 26th, 2014, 09:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Never had it previously, but our new monitor came with this feature...hopefully it will minimize yelling across the house.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search