Baby girl born February 27,2014! Just got home :)

Forum: March 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 6 Post By Mommysjb
  • 1 Post By 2014 Offshoremama78
  • 2 Post By Mommysjb

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2014, 10:05 PM
Mommysjb's Avatar Veteran
We had our surprise baby on Thursday February 27, 2014 at 8:50 pm. (39 weeks 2 days)
Her name is Alyssa Paige B. (our little APB)
We had good labor but we had some Chorio so we had to stay at the hospital for 5 days on antibiotics for her and 2 days for me. She also was a little jaundice so she slept on the billy blanket too. when I write out her birth story you can read more. She is a healthy little girl that is happy to be home.
March 4th, 2014, 11:50 PM
Veteran
Congrats!! Glad to hear you both are home and doing well!
March 5th, 2014, 08:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats.

March 5th, 2014, 09:32 PM
Veteran
Bet you are glad to be home! Congratulations to you and welcome to Alyssa.
March 7th, 2014, 05:16 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrat's!
March 7th, 2014, 05:50 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Congrats! What is chorio?
March 7th, 2014, 06:56 PM
2014 Offshoremama78's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Grats to you.. Sorry I hadn't posted earlier, but this date is a hard one to see for me right now.. Enjoy your lil one...

My Ovulation Chart

Soy Iso Believer

Alexander Cameron Murphy
02/27/2014 - 02/27/2014
March 8th, 2014, 09:07 AM
chorio is (for me it was because of my water breaking 17 hours before delivery and the baby pooped in the birth canal about 1 hour before delivery, I had a fever spike about 30 min before delivery) Chorioamnionitis is a condition that can affect pregnant women. In this condition, bacteria infects the chorion and amnion (the membranes that surround the fetus) and the amniotic fluid (in which the fetus floats). This can lead to infections in both the mother and fetus. In most cases, this may mean the fetus has to be delivered as soon as possible. What are the causes of chorioamnionitis? Chorioamnionitis is caused by a bacterial infection that usually starts in the mother’s urogenital tract. Specifically, the infection can start in the vagina, anus, or rectum and move up into the uterus where the fetus is located. Chorioamnionitis occurs in up to 2 percent of births in the United States and is one of the causes of premature delivery. What are the risk factors for chorioamnionitis? Certain factors might create a higher risk for chorioamnionitis, including: Premature labor Fetal membranes that are ruptured (the water has broken) for a prolonged time. What are the symptoms of chorioamnionitis? Although chorioamnionitis does not always cause symptoms, some women with the infection might have the following: High temperature and fever Rapid heartbeat (The fetus might also have a rapid heartbeat.) Sweating A uterus that is tender to the touch A discharge from the vagina that has an unusual smell How is chorioamnionitis diagnosed? Chorioamnionitis is most often diagnosed by physical exam and the findings listed above. Other clues can be found by taking a blood sample from the mother and checking for bacteria. In addition, the doctor might take samples of the amniotic fluid to look for bacteria. The doctor might also use ultrasound to check on the health of the fetus. How is chorioamnionitis treated? If your doctor diagnoses chorioamnionitis, he or she may treat you with antibiotics to help to treat the infection. However, often the treatment is to deliver the fetus. In addition, if the newborn has an infection, he or she will be given antibiotics, as well. What are the complications of chorioamnionitis? If the mother has a serious case of chorioamnionitis, or if it goes untreated, she might develop complications, including: Infections in the pelvic region and abdomen Endometritis (an infection of the endometrium, the lining of the uterus) Blood clots in the pelvis and lungs Sepsis (a life-threatening infection in the blood) The newborn might also have complications from a bacterial infection, including sepsis (infection of the blood), meningitis (infection of the lining of the brain and the spinal cord), and respiratory problems.
March 8th, 2014, 09:12 AM
Coral, I know and understand why it is so very hard and seemingly unfair, I am so so sorry for what you and your family has gone through. Thank you for the good wishes, and I hope that in time your heartache for this date will ease.
March 8th, 2014, 08:28 PM
2014 Offshoremama78's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope so also.. Can't wait to see your little.. :-)

My Ovulation Chart

Soy Iso Believer

Alexander Cameron Murphy
02/27/2014 - 02/27/2014
March 9th, 2014, 04:34 PM
HeatherLyn429's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to HeatherLyn429
congrats!!
and introducing my new baby princess Penelope Kate born 3/18/14 5:35am 9lbs 5oz 22"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search