Updates

Forum: March 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Vandertramp

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 19th, 2014, 06:40 AM
Veteran
So after weeks of irregular contractions, at least i was up to 4cm and 50% effeced at my appointment on Monday. This is my fourth baby and im 9 days overdue (which ive never been by more than a day). Its pretty bizzare. After much consideration, ive agreed to induce on the 25th if nothing happens.

How about you guys? Any updates?
March 19th, 2014, 08:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It is funny this is my 3rd and I was 4cm by this time with my last one and only 1 cm with this one. I just assumed thing move along quicker with each pregnancy, but I guess everyone is different. Nothing else to update for me 1cm 70 % effaced same as I was last week. My OB at my appointment yesterday, sort of asked at what point I would want to be induced. I was pretty non-commital and he seemed happy to let me go for a while. I am pretty convinced as long as I dialate enough, they won't need to do anything more than break my water. My OB even indicated that if I was not dialated enough if/when it was time to get the baby out, they would use a balloon (foley cathater) to dialate me and break my water, rather than use pit.... Anyway I am still in no hurry, and am fine getting another 2+ weeks out of this pregnancy, though I think DH is going to make me pack a bag this week (I make him nervous).
JillyP likes this.

March 19th, 2014, 11:46 AM
Regular
Congrats to your new baby. One of the things I love to do most after giving birth is taking pictures of my baby. Hope you do the same too. Picture speaks a thousand words. I love documenting my child's life. Hehe
March 19th, 2014, 02:14 PM
Veteran
I always assumed things "should" move along quicker too, just because my others each arrived a little earlier than the one prior. I now assume that i know very little to nothing about what to expect from any given pegnancy, no matter how many i have had.

Everyone says breaking the waters should move things right along for me too, but since i carry strep b, i really want them to remain intact as long as possible. Sigh, so im going to just accept a little pitocin.

In the meantime, im still not giving up on home remedies for bringing it on. Nothing seems to work yet.
March 20th, 2014, 11:13 AM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
Did you get your doctor to do a stretch and sweep? Its supposed to be pretty helpful for kicking things into gear.I wouldn't worry, baby will come when ready. Your DD may have been off by a couple days too! You still have lots of time before the 25th.

Pinterest
Flickr
March 20th, 2014, 07:19 PM
Veteran
Yep, he swept the membranes at my appointment and i actually did feel a difference in the strength and consistency of my contractions the entire next day. But oddly they settled back down to less than average yesterday, lol.

Thanks for the encouragement. I do believe something will happen before the induction. Plus i keep trying to remind myself 40 weeks was intended to be an average, not a deadline.

And in the meantime, i certainly don't mind having this extra maternity leave to spend with my other kids.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search