April check in

Forum: March 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Alaska Baby14

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 9th, 2014, 10:28 PM
Alaska Baby14's Avatar Gonna be a family of 4!
I know a lot of us are on fb but not everyone! So let's touch base and do an April check in!!

Baby's name:
Baby's birthdate:
How's mom doing?:
How's baby sleeping at night?:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Baby's name: Barrett Patrick
Baby's birthdate: march 25
How's mom doing?: trying to juggle a baby and a 17 month old is quite a handful and exhausting! I was prescribed Zoloft today to help with some depression and anxiety. Hopefully it helps!
How's baby sleeping at night?: more often than not, he wakes around 11 for a diaper change and food, then will sleep til 2 or 3 am. That's the longest stretch of sleep I get. After that he wakes every two hours! Since I'm able to lay on my right side and feed him, I usually feed him off the left at 11, that way when he wakes up at 2, I can put him on the boob and go back to sleep! Lol he usually wakes for the day around 8am.
JillyP likes this.

<3
April 12th, 2014, 08:33 AM
Veteran
Baby's name: Oliver

Baby's birthdate: March 25th

How's mom doing?: Last week was rough. I had mastitis at the peak of my baby blues, while dealing with concerns over oliver's weight. (He dipped down 1 1/2 lbs at 3 days?!?! But somehow he made it back up to his birth weight by 2 weeks.) This week is going alot better; feeling a little more like myself. My mom came to visit and give my other kids a little extra spoiling so i don't feel stretched quite as thin this week.

How's baby sleeping at night?: Before i knew his weight was ok, i woke him up every 2-3 hours. But when left to his own devices, he only wakes me once around 1 and again around 5, which is almost morning at my house anyways. So i would be sleeping really good, except Evie still wakes alot too. So im actually up 4-5 times a night between the two of them, lol!
April 12th, 2014, 12:22 PM
Veteran
Baby's name: Rylan Baby's birthdate: March 24th How's mom doing?: fairly good overall, still getting tired really easily and always freezing (pretty sure my iron is low ) but otherwise I'm feeling pretty normal. How's baby sleeping at night?: depends on the night, he usually goes to sleep around 10:30-11:30ish and sleeps until 3:30ish then he's up every 2-3 hours after that. Can't really complain.
April 14th, 2014, 07:27 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Baby's name: michael
Baby's birthdate: march 1
How's mom doing?: pretty good. still dealing with some soreness from labor, but everything checked out at my checkup.
How's baby sleeping at night? pretty good. usually asleep by 11-12, and up to eat around 330-430 and again at 630-730.
April 14th, 2014, 10:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Baby's Name: Pierce
Baby's Birthdate: 4/4/14 (he was very late)
How i Mom Doing: Tired but having a blast. Feel pretty good except my weight, about to start exercizing again
How is Baby Sleeping at Night: Since he is just over a week old, not great, with any luck 2-3 hour segments.

April 16th, 2014, 07:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Baby's name: Thomas
Baby's birthdate: 8th March
How's mom doing?: I'm doing great, 5wks post C-section and finally feeling able to be more active and almost back to normal mobility-wise. Incision is healing nicely (finally after the second dose of antibiotics for an infection). Adjusting slowly to being a new mum but BFing is going really well. I love my new job!
How's baby sleeping at night?: Up until a week ago, Thomas was struggling with an upset tummy from my antibiotics so neither me nor DH were getting much sleep. Since I finished them hes been so much better and we're getting back into more of a routine so we're getting more sleep. Thomas is still feeding every 2-2.5hours so its rough but he's getting better at settling back to sleep after a feed which helps. He's growing like a weed, was 8lb 10oz last Thursday and is quickly outgrowing his newborn clothes which makes me sad! His head control has improved so much this past couple of days too, we're BWing and he's started popping his head out to look around.

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

April 17th, 2014, 11:15 AM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflykisses2 View Post
Baby's name: Rylan Baby's birthdate: March 24th How's mom doing?: fairly good overall, still getting tired really easily and always freezing (pretty sure my iron is low ) but otherwise I'm feeling pretty normal. How's baby sleeping at night?: depends on the night, he usually goes to sleep around 10:30-11:30ish and sleeps until 3:30ish then he's up every 2-3 hours after that. Can't really complain.
If you are cold and tired it might actually be your thyroid. Mention it to your doctor. Most people don't know this but its not uncommon to develop hypothyroidism following a pregnancy, it usually resolves itself within a year but not always.

~~~

Baby's name: Willow Emily
Baby's birthdate: March 14
How's mom doing?: Really well. This recovery has been much smoother then with my son, and we are adjusting well though having a 21 month old terrorizing my house while cutting some molars isn't exactly a walk in the park. Last week was the worse, we were all sick with the stomach flu (except Willow) which was rough.
How's baby sleeping at night?: I am very impressed. I thought my son slept well but she sleeps much better then he did. Her longest stretch now is 5 hours with 3 hours after. Last night she got up at 3 and 6 to nurse and we both went to bed around 10. (I had to wake her up at 9 this morning for a Drs appt but she was still snoozing soundly).

p.s. Vandertramp I love that name. That's my SO's name though he spells it Pearce.

Pinterest
Flickr
April 22nd, 2014, 12:28 PM
HeatherLyn429's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to HeatherLyn429
Baby's name: Penelope
Baby's birthdate: 3/18/14
How's mom doing?: Good
How's at night?: She has been getting up every two hours since birth to nurse but last night she gave me a 4 hour stretch!

and introducing my new baby princess Penelope Kate born 3/18/14 5:35am 9lbs 5oz 22"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search