Does the hubby/boyfriend know?

Forum: **NEW** March 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MommaLove13

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To **NEW** March 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 25th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Dakotas_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Dakotas_mom Send a message via Yahoo to Dakotas_mom Send a message via Skype™ to Dakotas_mom
Have you told your SO about the pregnancy?

If not, how do you plan on telling him?

If so, how did you tell him and how did he react?

June 25th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Of course my dh knows, but I did have to keep is a secret until he got home from work the next morning.

I bought two neutral sleepers, a bib that said "Little Miracle" and wrapped up 2 tests and told him his extra fathers day gift arrived. He thought is was sweet. He's super happy I also had a sweet card I had picked out before we even started TTC.
Dakotas_mom likes this.
June 25th, 2013, 08:49 AM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awww that's so sweet Shannon!!

I thought it would be a negative for sure, was testing just in case before I started meds. I was so shocked i ran down the hall and practically threw it at him. He didn't believe it either, so we ran out and bought three different brands to try lol

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
June 25th, 2013, 02:03 PM
iErica's Avatar Super Mommy
Mine knows, I wasn't very creative! I tested and we went in together to look I had a feeling I was.

“No one can know how much I love you, because you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside.” ♥ (angel baby Oct. 2012, 10 weeks).
June 25th, 2013, 04:49 PM
dwhite23's Avatar Veteran
We did the same thing as Erica. I think I'm still in denial though!
June 25th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Veteran
I made him a shirt that said "Soon to be worlds great dad" when I found out with my daughter so I thought I would keep the shirt thing going. I made my daughter a shirt that said "only child expiring March 2013"
June 25th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Mommysjb's Avatar Veteran
I tested before he climbed out of bed, and I came back to bed with it, him not knowing I had tested, and when it showed 2 very clear pink lines. When he got up I asked him to come over and showed him. He was as excited as me. I also had bought him something a few months back hoping I could give to him it was a set of bibs that says "cant wait to go hunting with daddy"
June 26th, 2013, 07:21 AM
Regular
He knows! We had been trying for a few months and at the beginning of the cycle I told him this would be the one. I just had a feeling. But I was still afraid to test because I was afraid it would be negative again. I didn't chart that cycle or temp or anything because I didn't want to be so caught up in it. So he finally went and bought the test and had me take it. I came out and he said "Are we??" And I just nodded....and he cried all day. He's very very tender lol.

July 3rd, 2013, 06:15 AM
Gamer_Princess's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We were actively trying with my RE but i have kept it hush hush on the hpt front I want to get my beta done on Monday first before I tell him then I will do something cute like a card or something.

I really WISH I could keep it a secret till our first ultrasound at around 6 weeks... He would think I was going in for a baseline ultrasound for our new monitoring cycle.. and BAM... he would get to see the baby and find out all at the same time. BUT i am horrible at keeping things from him

July 3rd, 2013, 10:08 AM
Super Mommy
Of course he knows! I wanted to do something a little different. But I did keep it a secret for a few days but It's was a cute few days. I wanted to make it a cute moment.

He started to hint I was pregnant before I even knew and before I told him but I dropped little cute hints here and there and then eventually he started to hint around like him saying "Are you pregnant?" "What are we gonna name him or her?" before he realized I was being serious. And then I finally told him. Your gonna be a daddy! His eyes brightened up once I said that. His smile was so big. It was the cutest moment ever.

<3 I have suffered 4 early M/C's since 2012. I am missing my 4 angels so much. My love for them all will never fade. <3

First M/C loss- 7/8 weeks
Second M/C loss- 4-5 weeks(Chemical)
Third M/C loss- 9 weeks and 4 days
Fourth M/C loss- 10 weeks

~No one else will never know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one that knows what my heart feels like on the inside~

<3 Praying and Hoping that my partner and I will be blessed with our miracle soon. <3
July 3rd, 2013, 01:04 PM
Chai_Latte's Avatar Member
He went to get bagels on Saturday morning and I showed him a pic of the test when he got back. I am not creative at all
July 3rd, 2013, 02:46 PM
mom2pne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm thinking of telling my dh by having Len wear a Big Brother shirt and see how long it takes him to notice.
July 3rd, 2013, 06:12 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just found out this morning...
I havent told him yet cause we are going out of town, and he is under a ton of stress (oh, and I have no maternity coverage on my insurance right now) so I dont want to overwhelm him until I'm a bit more sure that this one is going to stick around for a bit, honestly, right now, I'm in a state of denial...

We were going to NTNP for a third, but did not expect it to happen this quickly - Maiya was a injectables/IUI baby, and I'm 36!
July 3rd, 2013, 06:29 PM
Melissa.Anne's Avatar Veteran
You guys are all so cute! It didn't even occur to me to try to come up with a cute/neat way to tell him... lol

We decided to start "trying" in June - and honestly only did so halfheartedly, as a "practice month" - I took a test on Saturday (when I was expecting my period) and it was negative... my cue to indulge in wine all Canada Day weekend! Well when I still didn't get my period by last night - I took another test... oops! Probably shouldn't have had all that wine...

I ran into the bedroom, woke up my hubby and said "look at this, I'm pregnant!!"

I did leave the test on the counter for him and woke up to a note saying "So this wasn't a dream, I'm very happy, love you"...haha

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search