Zofran

Forum: **NEW** March 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To **NEW** March 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 12th, 2013, 12:56 PM
Veteran
I called the doctor today and got prescribed Zofran. I am nervous to take it this early in pregnancy but I am still feeling so sick. Thinking of food makes me vomit, water makes me vomit. Anyone else taken zofran during pregnancy before? Did it help? I just want to look at food and enjoy it again!!
July 12th, 2013, 02:32 PM
jeangeorge2742728's Avatar Crazy Momma 2 seven
I took it with my last child, I was on it the whole time I was pregnant. I had to I couldn't keep a thing down. It's safe to take my ob gave it to me. Also after a few hours it will make you hungry at least it did me I was eating a whole lot more than I was with out it.
Samuel (Sammy) Wesley 5-27-07
Kaitlynn Faith 6-11-08
MaryJean Hope 9-16-11
Ethan Curtis 02-06-13
July 12th, 2013, 07:39 PM
dwhite23's Avatar Veteran
It was really weird for me. It took away the nausea but I still felt like throwing up. Like it was blocking it so that I didn't feel so bad, but my body still wanted to throw up.
July 13th, 2013, 04:05 AM
iErica's Avatar Super Mommy
Never been on it, but I hope it helps you!

“No one can know how much I love you, because you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside.” ♥ (angel baby Oct. 2012, 10 weeks).
July 13th, 2013, 10:00 PM
I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I had hyperemesis with my last pregnancy and took Zofran for a couple of weeks. It took the edge off enough that I could eat and regulate my blood sugar. Low blood sugar can actually make nausea and vomiting worse. Zofran definitely helped me make it through the worst of it. I hope you're feeling better soon.
Army Spouse and Mama to DS (9/07) DD (5/09) DD (7/11) and Expecting #4! (3/19/14)

July 14th, 2013, 08:03 AM
FDwife153's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Skype™ to FDwife153
Lurking from EDD Jan. 2014--its perfectly safe to take up to 8mg every 6-8hrs. My morning sickness has been bad enough that 4mg wasn't touching me. But trust me. ... the drs. Wouldn't prescribe you something that wasn't safe for you AND baby. hope this helps and that you get to feeling better soon.

Also, keep in mind, the reason you get sick in the morning is because you're blood sugars are dropping too low while your sleeping. .. and even after taking zofran, it will continue to drop off you don't get something on your tummy. Stick with bland foods. .. bananas and the potassium they provide did wonders for me!
July 14th, 2013, 12:00 PM
WhoaMomma!'s Avatar Danielle
Haven't needed zofran during pregnancy before (I get MS but have been mostly able to regulate it without meds), but I have had it while sick and it works WONDERS. I may use it this time instead of suffering

My daughter is perfect, but her birth was not. If you or someone you love is struggling to cope with a traumatic childbirth experience, please visit http://www.solaceformothers.org/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search