buying baby stuff

Forum: **NEW** March 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By peaches84
  • 1 Post By Schofield06
  • 2 Post By melissaleigh
  • 1 Post By MandyEllen

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To **NEW** March 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 2nd, 2013, 04:45 PM
peaches84's Avatar Super Mommy
when is everyone planning on buying their stash? are you going to slowly buy it over the coming months or make one mass shopping trip?

I want to do both, for financial reasons I think it's smarter for us to buy it slowly but it would be so much fun to go to a mass baby store and buy everything. We really don't need much but it's still so much fun. I've been making a list of all the things that I need new or that I want that I didn't have the first time around.
Offshoremama78 likes this.

6/15/13
September 2nd, 2013, 05:03 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would like to by things slowly as well so it's easier on the budget. However, I will wait a while before I start because I don't want to get too much until after my baby shower. I've started looking at some stuff and it's hard to resist sometimes!
Offshoremama78 likes this.
September 2nd, 2013, 05:16 PM
melissaleigh's Avatar Unashamed POASer
Waiting to find out gender and then I will go crazy
Mrs. D and nicolee13 like this.
September 2nd, 2013, 06:48 PM
Veteran
Waiting to find out the gender for most of it, but babies r us has a sale going on this month that's too good to pass up (if you spend $150 on baby items you get a free video monitor) so I'm going to go the end of the month and get the bassinet I want and to make the $150 mark I'm sure I'll have to get some other stuff - Then everything will be bought slowly. Thinking I'll make a wish list so our family can send us some of the items. But this time around unless it's a girl we are pretty well set.
September 3rd, 2013, 04:26 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissaleigh View Post
Waiting to find out gender and then I will go crazy
Same here, kinda want to wait to buy clothing once we find out gender. Right now I think I'm going to look at some gender neutral furniture, stoller, car seat/carriers, etc. Once we find out what baby is, we can add the apprpriate "accent colors" to the baby's room.

April 2013 - referred to RE due to failed reverse vasectomy

June 2013 - Hubby has TESE / Egg retreival and transfer (IVF/ICSI)

July 9, 2013 - BFP!
July 31, 2013 - 1st ultrasound, one baby bean with heartbeat!

November 7, 2013 - It's a GIRL!

September 3rd, 2013, 04:44 AM
Have got twins with one of each gender, so we don't have to get much stuff really. We're not finding out the gender of the baby.
September 3rd, 2013, 06:25 AM
MandyEllen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My mom and sister have already been planning my baby shower. It's around 70 people, so I think I should get most everything I need there. Of course, I want to buy special "go home from the hospital" clothes...so I'll have to buy that. I don't want to find out & DH does...we're still trying to figure that out.
Schofield06 likes this.
7/12/13 - 16 dpo beta=825
7/19/13 - 23 dpo beta=18,870
7/26/13 - 30 dpo beta=72,091

September 3rd, 2013, 10:32 AM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyEllen View Post
My mom and sister have already been planning my baby shower. It's around 70 people, so I think I should get most everything I need there. Of course, I want to buy special "go home from the hospital" clothes...so I'll have to buy that. I don't want to find out & DH does...we're still trying to figure that out.

My SIL and her Dh are the same way. She's due in December. They compromised by having her Dh find out gender a few weeks before birth and not telling her. She says she couldn't handle knowing that he knew for several months and would cave and find out. She is pretty sure she can handle a few weeks. I don't know if something like that would work for you or not.
September 3rd, 2013, 12:00 PM
HeatherLyn429's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to HeatherLyn429
I've got my gender scan coming up in 17 days and after that I will start shopping
and introducing my new baby princess Penelope Kate born 3/18/14 5:35am 9lbs 5oz 22"
September 3rd, 2013, 04:38 PM
Mrs. D's Avatar Super Mommy
We still have a lot of leftover stuff from DS. So if it's a boy we won't need much. We will want to get a bunk bed or loft bed to help the two kiddos fit in the same room eventually. And we need a new infant car seat and an infant carrier (ergo or boba I think). Oh, and some newborn cloth diapers. We'll see. Maybe I'll go crazy and just start buying everything I see when nesting kicks in. Lol

September 4th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am a little paranoid so we won't buy anything in the first trimester. Since we knew we were having more we kept most stuff, including our gender neutral nursery (we are on team green). And we have plenty of boy clothes, none for girl, so if we have a girl we will have to do a big clothes run after the birth.

September 5th, 2013, 09:10 AM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
We don't have a whole ton of stuff to buy. I already bought our stroller because I found a good deal on a used Bumbleride Indie Twin which is what I really wanted, so I snatched it up.

We're going to get a toddler bed, but the one we want can only be purchased from BRU in the states so it'll probably be a while before we make a trip to Michigan.

As for clothing, well I'm hoping that even if the baby is a girl I have enough gender neutral stuff to make up the most of the wardrobe. I've made a tiny registry of some things I wished I'd had last time and didn't, in case anyone wants to buy us a gift. I'm just going to watch my registry and if anything comes on a good sale I'll pick it up. I'm also watching the car seat I want and I'll grab it as soon as I see a good price.

Pinterest
Flickr
September 16th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Regular
I fell in love with my friend's carseat and bought one. I just love the pattern (snugride 35 Orlando) - I have a few more things I'd like to get. I will probably buy slowly unless the hubby gives me the go ahead I want to get some things for my son as well like a nice carseat and a big boy bed, so I'll need to alternate!
September 17th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Veteran
I have a few things from before, but waiting for amnio before really buying anything.
September 17th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Alaska Baby14's Avatar Gonna be a family of 4!
I got a 2nd crib and changing table already, but it was free. My friend has a mattress she's going to give me. I still have everything from Kayla so ill just reuse her stuff, even if its a boy.. I don't think he will care his bath thing is pink. We only used it a few moths w Kayla so I really don't want to waste money on something like that. If its a girl were set except for crib bedding. If its a boy ill need clothes, crib bedding, and I'll probably just but a new car seat cover rather than buy a whole new infant carseat.

<3
September 17th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Veteran
I'll probably do a little bit at a time. I still haven't decided if I want to find out or not, so I"m kind of torn.
September 18th, 2013, 09:34 PM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
We already have a ton of clothes for either gender, so as much as I WANT to buy a ton, I don't need to. I need things like another boppy, nursing bras, and an exersaucer. I will likely buy a thing or two at a time. But when I buy over time, I forget how much I have an spend more by buying more.

Last edited by Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy; September 18th, 2013 at 09:40 PM.
September 19th, 2013, 11:04 AM
luckygirl777's Avatar Veteran
I really want to find out the sex so I can start buying a few things. I think I will get quite a few things from family at the baby shower though. I'm mostly concerned about getting a wheelchair accessible crib and changing table made. That will be a big project that my fiance and dad will be working on, I hope they don't put it off for too long...it would be so much easier to just be able to go to the store and pick out nursery furniture but I'm confident they'll get it done and it'll be perfect and totally accessible for me.
September 19th, 2013, 05:28 PM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
I have everything for the room bought, just need clothes. First I want to go through my son's stuff to see if there is anything gender neutral I can use for a girl.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search