Baby Gear

Forum: **NEW** March 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Butterflykisses2

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To **NEW** March 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2014, 05:23 PM
Mrs. D's Avatar Super Mommy
What do you have? What do you still need?

Leftover from DS we have a crib mattress, sheets and blankets, a bunch of medium sized and one size cloth diapers, receiving blankets, washcloths, a wipes warmer, changing table/dresser, changing pad and cover, baby gate, boppy pillow, rocking chair, nursing covers, and a few gender neutral outfits.

What we've purchased or been given so far are some girly one size diaper covers, newborn diapers, baby girl clothes, swing, bassinet, car seat, seat adapter for stroller, new crib, boba baby carrier

I think we still need swaddling blankets, bottles, breast pump, newborn clothes, and may need a Japanese crib mattress and bedding if the American one we have doesn't fit the Japanese crib we just bought.

January 6th, 2014, 05:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have all nursery furniture, baby toys, bassenet and boucers left over from our previous kids, as well as a ton of boy clothes. Need new travel system/car seats (ours will expire within another year), changing pad, sheets, and maybe girls clothes (but we will not know this until the end).

January 6th, 2014, 06:08 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have a carseat, and a crib w/mattress. We also have several outfits, a few blankets/bibs/toys that people have given us. My baby shower will be this month, so I will see what I get and what else I need to purchase after that.
January 6th, 2014, 06:17 PM
Nicole1481's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We still need: 2nd seat for stroller, porta crib, diapers,swaddle blankets, boppy cover and I need to finish some sewing.

January 6th, 2014, 08:04 PM
Alaska Baby14's Avatar Gonna be a family of 4!
We don't need much but what we do need is a mattress for the crib and sheets. No real rush here since he will be sleeping in the rock n play for a few months. I have a car seat but the pattern on it is girly, so rather than buy a new car seat, I'm going to get a new cover/insert for it. I have a few outfits but will need more. Diapers of course. And that's really about it! I still have bottles and my pump, receiving blankets, blankets etc

<3
January 7th, 2014, 12:58 AM
Veteran
We have the crib, mattress, changing table, rocking chair, swing, bouncer, diapers, wipes, tons of newborn/0-3/3-6 month clothes, baby carrier, breast pump, will be getting a rock and play or bassinet soon, still need a dresser.

I think we're pretty well set, there's a few items I could use more of like blankets but I have a friend that said she would give me the boy ones she has (she had a girl) we definitely need a car seat but I'm having trouble finding the one I want without paying 50-100 in shipping >.< so may have to settle for a different one (having a hard time finding one that will work in my super tiny car :/)

Otherwise I think we're done, obviously have to buy things as we need them once our little one is here.
Mrs. D likes this.
January 7th, 2014, 04:00 AM
Mrs. D's Avatar Super Mommy
I found this very helpful when looking for an infant seat for our tiny car.

Infant Car Seats in Small Spaces: 11 Seats Face-Off | Car Seats For The Littles

January 7th, 2014, 05:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We're doing pretty well here working through our list of baby items. We have our big items bought - nursery furniture, car seat, swinging crib, pushchair. We've been given a moses basket and stand and a portable crib from friends & family. We've also got a fair few clothes and blankets etc. we have a monitor too (angelcare one with movement sensor mat)

We still need a mattress for the cot but no rush as baby will not be sleeping there for a little while. We also need nappies (diapers) and now after seeing replies on the other thread a breast pump / bottles. Errm....cant think of anything else right now. Sure we'll buy plenty of other things but this is what we 'need'

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

January 7th, 2014, 05:35 AM
melissaleigh's Avatar Unashamed POASer
We have the car seat, pack and play, swing, bouncer, glider, plenty of clothes, diapers, breast pump will be coming soon from insurance company

We still need breast pump accessories and stroller
January 7th, 2014, 11:08 AM
Veteran
Im not worried about underpreparing this time. My daughter just turned one, so we're all set and then some. Besides, newborns need so little. We have cloth diapers, neutral blankets and buntings, nursing bras and pads. And my moby wrap. I really think that covers it, lol. Plus i've been picking out teeny boy clothes from thrift stores for months and hiding them (our older kids still don't know his gender).

However, i DO need to upgrade my daughter's carseat, to free up the smaller one. And im casually looking for a compact double stroller to keep in my trunk. That can also wait, as the moby and the single stroller will do for most outings.

I may add a convertible crib to our list eventually, because im still fretting about co-sleeping arrangements with two little ones. I intend to expose our son to sleeping alone sometime sooner than later, (something my daughter is still working on). Hopefully, he will make use of her practically unused bassinet/basket in the meantime though.

Other than that, ill buy a few newborn sized disposables, for my convenience, and say were good to go!
January 7th, 2014, 12:03 PM
Veteran
I have nothing left over since it has been 13 years since I had a baby.
Bought a crib, mattress, lots of clothes, all the cloth diapers I could need, a bassinet, a car seat. That's it! Just registered today, though I won't be having a baby shower with family, my work wants to have one for me.
January 7th, 2014, 12:19 PM
Veteran
@Melissaleigh, your insurance covered the pump? I was starting to look into this. I have BCBS and keep getting different answers.
January 7th, 2014, 05:42 PM
Mommysjb's Avatar Veteran
Well I have a crib, no mattress yet though, a dresser, and a stroller and a few outfits. We are waiting tell after the baby shower to buy all the rest of the stuff. I can hardly wait, I want to have it all in there now but I know I need to wait. if we do go into labor before the shower I will send someone to get the car seat & pack and play we want. besides that I have to wait tell Feb 1 to see what we get at the shower. I am super excited to go shopping....
January 8th, 2014, 07:09 AM
Veteran
We have the crib, changing table, and a dresser. As well as clothes, some diapers, and my DF's parents got us out travel system stroller early!
January 8th, 2014, 07:26 AM
melissaleigh's Avatar Unashamed POASer
Yes they covered a nice medala pump at 100%

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search