Breast or Bottle

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 22nd, 2011, 08:15 AM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
Please no debating here! Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Thanks!

Will your LO be breast or bottle fed? If you are a first time mom do you have a support system that will help you with the decision you chose? If you are a BTDT mom is your decision different this time around?

June 22nd, 2011, 01:42 PM
WhoaMomma!'s Avatar Danielle
Breast AND bottle for us. I am too cheap to buy formula but I go back to work after a little while so she will take expressed breastmilk from a bottle then. Same way we did it before HOWEVER I made a huge mistake with Claire in never having my husband feed her. Its very important for Dads to feed babies too so I believe all babies should be exposed to bottles once they've mastered nursing. My husband is STILL nervous being left alone with our dd bc babies only want to be with the parent who feeds them. When Dad does at least a bottle a day, it makes moms life SO MUCH EASIER!
June 22nd, 2011, 07:18 PM
Elisann's Avatar Super Mommy
I will be breast feeding and my partner will also (if all goes well with stimulating her breastmilk to come in).

The plan is for me to pump during the day at work and nurse at night and she will pump at night and nurse during the day. There will be a lot of extra milk in the freezer with both of us BFing though...will have to make baby yogurt or something, lol.

We did something similar to this with our last baby but due to some complications she wasn't able to get her milk to come in fully. I nursed all my other babies,

Mom to:
Myranda, 21
Bobbilynn, 19
Madeline, 14
Lane, 2
TTC #5

June 23rd, 2011, 08:18 PM
WhoaMomma!'s Avatar Danielle
I didn't even know that was possible. How do they do it?
June 23rd, 2011, 10:50 PM
Elisann's Avatar Super Mommy
There is some medication that can be taken to help stimulate breast milk but the main way is pumping...lots of pumping.

My mother was able to breast feed my adopted sister when we got her at 7 weeks. My mom had not nursed for 12 years but by encouraging my sister to nurse she was able to get her milk to come in.

Mom to:
Myranda, 21
Bobbilynn, 19
Madeline, 14
Lane, 2
TTC #5

June 24th, 2011, 01:12 AM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
I bottle fed Mia, I wanted to BF but by the time I came arounnd from the general ansethetic and knew what was happening she had already estblished feeding on a bottle and i didnt want to confuse her.
I will try and breast feed this time around. I will make sure my wishes are known this time around.

June 25th, 2011, 12:30 AM
ttcivfma's Avatar Stephanie
I am going to breastfeed until I go back to work and then pump. DBF has to bottle feed while I am at work so we will probably get the baby used to bottles once the nursing is under control. I have great support. My mom breast fed as well as two of my aunts. Plus we are mostly nurses in our family two being maternity nurses so breast feeding is not an issue. If anything it is more a mandatory lol.

June 25th, 2011, 05:11 AM
KASHWORTH's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Breast feed !

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
June 25th, 2011, 09:34 AM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have attempted to breastfeed 2 of my 3 children. With DD I didn't get very far (5 days), DS I got to 12 weeks but was supplementing. This time, I have faith that I can successfully breastfeed with the right support.
June 25th, 2011, 09:49 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
Definitely breastfeed and only breastfeed. I failed at nursing my oldest, nursed my daughter for 3.5 years, nursed (And tandem nursed) my third son for 18 months, and am still nursing my youngest. Breastfeeding is very important to me, and my husband is fully supportive and bonds in other ways.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
June 25th, 2011, 10:02 PM
femketje's Avatar Crazed Country Rebel
I prefer to breastfeed but my first child had a lot of difficulty latching on so I expressed my milk for a few months then switched over to formula.. For our second child, I want to try and breastfeed consistently but the world won't be over for me if I can't... I'm pro both. I think if one could try to breastfeed even a little bit in the baby's first few weeks, that would be beneficial. ( IMO )
June 26th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Regular
We'll be exclusively BFing for at least one year (hopefully longer!) barring any complications with the baby. My oldest was a preemie and physically could not latch onto anything. I pumped for months so he could have exclusively BM. It's very important to us and my husband is extremely supportive. He has bonded with each of our children in other ways.
1/14/2011

June 27th, 2011, 07:59 AM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I plan to breastfeed for at least the first year. I BF Zoe for 15 months and she was a champ from the start. I'm hoping this baby is as good as she was.

June 27th, 2011, 12:28 PM
suziequep's Avatar Super Mommy
I want to BF as long as I can. I feel like I didn't BF Lydia long enough. Of course, I'm saying that now. At the time I was like, "I am so f@#ing sick of pumping!!" I'd like to shoot for at least 6 months. It just gets harder when I'm at work to pump. Plus, Lydia was premature so we had to fortify her milk so I didn't get to start BFing her until she was close to 1 month old.

June 27th, 2011, 04:45 PM
LShumate1010's Avatar Super Mommy
I will be breastfeeding. This is my first and my support system is that its better for baby. I will buy a pump as well.
June 28th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Super Mommy
Definitely breastfeeding... I never thought I would say this but, I have really missed it!

June 28th, 2011, 10:26 PM
*~Ginny~*'s Avatar RN - Student CNM :)
Send a message via AIM to *~Ginny~*
Breast and Bottlefed breastmilk here

July 8th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Mama2Nico's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My son was EBF until about six months, and even then he preferred that to solids for awhile. He is a great eater now (loves his veges but still nurses to sleep each night. Provided everything goes well, I plan to follow the same path with this LO.

July 8th, 2011, 01:10 PM
MissLoki's Avatar Super Mommy
I want to breastfeed. A good friend of mine is a lactation consultant so she offered to help me in this whole breastfeeding adventure! We get a year of paid maternity leave here so if everything works out, I could breastfeed for the entire first year of bébé's life

July 8th, 2011, 01:29 PM
chapsgirl07's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I BFed DS#1 for 4 1/2 months...wanted to go for 6, but he wasn't able to keep the milk in due to really bad reflux. On top of that, AF came back really early and every time I would cycle my milk would dry up to almost non-existant. I would power pump to get it back, but it was really challenging to maintain the levels. I hope this time around to get to 6 months, but I'll take it one day at a time.

Tags
bottle feeding , breastfeeding

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search