Find-it Friday

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2011, 06:42 AM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
Look around online for nursery pictures. Imagine you had an unlimited budget (and space ) and show us what your dream nursery would look like.

If you can't find everything you'd want in one picture you can share several and say what you like about each.
mom of: Zach (10), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14
July 29th, 2011, 07:44 AM
CAMPMOMMYAMY's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Okay, mine probably doesn't seem extravagant, but it is my dream nursery for the baby boy we will have this time (okay, I'm hoping we will have ). In fact it's the only type of nursery I can picture in my head. This is no longer available at Pottery Barn and I can't find the nursery picture with the crib and bumbers etc., but it's the 'Jake's Firetruck' set. When this came out a few years ago I fell in love with it because DH is a firefighter and it is just perfect! The only way I'll get it now is through Ebay lol.

July 29th, 2011, 09:52 AM
momma snigle's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to momma snigle
Ok, well I have been searching for awhile and just can't find exactly what I have in my head. I would like to do a dandelion/bee theme. My angel Lincoln, loved dandelions and they always bring a peace to my soul and my DSD Alyssa is my busy bee. That is what her mommy called her before she passed away. I definetly want it to mean something important.

My Angel Lincoln Grace went to heaven April 28, 2006, at the young age of 3.
Make a pregnancy ticker
July 29th, 2011, 10:23 AM
mollymalone's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm still looking, but I don't really want a room with characters or animals in it, and I LOVE argyle prints, so this set really appealed to me. They have it in pink or blue... I would really like it in green, but it's nice:

July 29th, 2011, 02:18 PM
Mama2Nico's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
As long as we're going all out, I found a few celeb nurseries I liked...

for a girl, I thought this looked peaceful - it's from Marcia Cross's nursery. I don't like the thing hanging above the crib though.

Having trouble finding a boy example I like right now

July 29th, 2011, 02:29 PM
femketje's Avatar Crazed Country Rebel
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMPMOMMYAMY View Post

LOVE that one!!!

I am planning to buy some bedding at Pottery Barn Kids once we find out the sex. So far, I like this one for a girl:

The crib has to be some kind of cherry finish, can't stand creme or white colours.

Haven't seen one for a boy that I like yet.. aside from the one Campmommyamy posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymalone View Post
I'm still looking, but I don't really want a room with characters or animals in it, and I LOVE argyle prints, so this set really appealed to me. They have it in pink or blue... I would really like it in green, but it's nice:

Very simple. I like it!
July 29th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by femketje View Post

I am planning to buy some bedding at Pottery Barn Kids once we find out the sex. So far, I like this one for a girl:
This is beautiful! I love PBK too - Nico has a chair and table set from there, and it's so well made. Right now his big boy bed is on the floor so it's not too high up (just the mattress and box spring, full-size) but for his birthday we want to get him a bed from PBK in the espresso finish.

I feel the same way about the wood color - I was actually surprised I liked the girl's nursery with the white - something about that room just made me feel peaceful

These are some photos of Nico's room at our old house - it's the same at the new house, we did the walls in the same colors and the only difference is the crib is gone (he never wanted to sleep in it). His new bed will be the same color the crib was.

Only other difference is a few more wall decorations and less stuff on the dresser.

July 29th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Dan's wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Here's a couple I like. Every kid needs a chandelier!

This one I don't like, I just thought I'd share because I thought the moon was way creepy. Couldn't they at least have made it smiling, what kid wants to wake up with that in their room!

July 29th, 2011, 03:53 PM
I saw that one - that's Christina Aguilera's son's room isn't it? That moon is way creepy!

July 29th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Dan's wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2Nico View Post
I saw that one - that's Christina Aguilera's son's room isn't it? That moon is way creepy!
I wasn't sure who's it was. I think moons would be cute in a nursery but not like that!

July 29th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Super Mommy
We're wanting a more modern, clean feel than the traditional nursery. NO matching crib set for us. I plan to mix and match textiles and furniture and base my "theme" off of a color scheme rather than an actual theme. For a boy, I want more of a gray, turquoise and bright green. For a girl, black and white with aqua and pink.

Here's some of my nursery inspiration, compliments of pinterest.

Love the colors in this one. Substitute bed for crib.

Some boy inspiration. I'm obsessed with the rug.

And.... my favorite. I want the chevron rug in this room sooo bad. Not just for the nursery, but for anywhere. I'm all about the chevron pattern right now.

July 29th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Oh wow! I absolutely adore the blue room with trees on the wall! That's fantastic!

July 29th, 2011, 06:28 PM
femketje's Avatar Crazed Country Rebel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2Nico View Post
This is beautiful! I love PBK too - Nico has a chair and table set from there, and it's so well made. Right now his big boy bed is on the floor so it's not too high up (just the mattress and box spring, full-size) but for his birthday we want to get him a bed from PBK in the espresso finish.

I feel the same way about the wood color - I was actually surprised I liked the girl's nursery with the white - something about that room just made me feel peaceful

These are some photos of Nico's room at our old house - it's the same at the new house, we did the walls in the same colors and the only difference is the crib is gone (he never wanted to sleep in it). His new bed will be the same color the crib was.

Only other difference is a few more wall decorations and less stuff on the dresser.
Very nice

Yeah, the crib in the PBK photo looks nice in white. They make it look really appealing with the colours of the walls, bedding, etc,. Will you be buying anything from PBK for your baby? We are waiting to find out the sex before we buy bedding and what not since it all seems to change every season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan's wife View Post
Here's a couple I like. Every kid needs a chandelier!

This one I don't like, I just thought I'd share because I thought the moon was way creepy. Couldn't they at least have made it smiling, what kid wants to wake up with that in their room!

OMG that moon is so atrocious!!! I didn't even know Christina had children but good god, that is hella scary.
July 29th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Tash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Tash
love the room with the trees on the wall. we will co sleep, and at the moment, have a three bedroom, so I haven't looked.
But I really like those ones she) posted with the mixed patterns bright colors. :
July 29th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Ooo You Touch My TraLaLa
Send a message via Skype™ to Dez
There's a million ways I'd like decorate but here are a few:

Jeremy (DH) and I thought about a Nintendo/Game themed nursery, but I want to do our small guest bathroom in a Nintendo theme so i think that would be a little much.

I love the curtains on this one as well as the grey color.

I'm not big on the curtains but I like the color choice.

Love the color choice combination and layout
July 29th, 2011, 08:35 PM
WhoaMomma!'s Avatar Danielle
My dream nursery has always been the one from Father of the Bride II.

My daughter is perfect, but her birth was not. If you or someone you love is struggling to cope with a traumatic childbirth experience, please visit http://www.solaceformothers.org/
July 30th, 2011, 05:21 AM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
IRL Belly will eventually be sharing her teeny tiny room with the baby. THANKFULLY her room was originally Ryan's room, so the paint isn't all pink or anything. It's crayola yellow and green (literally - it's Crayola brand paint ) and works great for boy and girl stuff so we're set that way whether we have another boy or another girl.
(back from when we first bought the house and painted it. The wall across from the yellow wall you see is also yellow and the one across from the strip wall is green)

I really like the simple colors and furniture of this stuff, it match Belly's decorations (which are white and bright colors) and work with the room colors.
mom of: Zach (10), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14
July 30th, 2011, 05:35 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez View Post
OK, this seriously wins!!!!!

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
July 30th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Yes, the Nintendo room rocks!! DH would drool over this one!

July 30th, 2011, 02:27 PM
JesSsica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I couldn't really find a nursery that I love, but I'm an organizer junky and this organizer is exactly what I would kill for! Of course it's $1399 for the whole organizer wall so I think it's a no-go. hehe

Nursery Storage | Pottery Barn Kids
Cole Anthony 5-23-2002
Mia Annelise 3-29-2012

^angel^ 10wks, 2 days, D&C 12wks, 3 days 11-2-09
^angel^ 5wks, 5 days 1-2-10
^angel^ 11wks, 1 day 5-22-10 with D&C

Tags
friday , qotd

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search