12 weeks!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 24th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
BABY! :

Just kickin' back

Doc thinks it may be a Boy!? :

August 24th, 2011, 12:50 PM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
I thought all babies had buldges till 16wks thats why they wont do gender prediction until at least then?

YAY for baby

August 24th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Tash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Tash
cute!!
August 24th, 2011, 01:08 PM
femketje's Avatar Crazed Country Rebel
That looks like a boy..

The reason sonographers won't do gender prediction before 16 weeks is because girl and boys genitals look the same until the further development happens closer to 16 weeks. There is a theory I've been reading on called the angle of the dangle.. basically says a boy's parts are at a 30 degree angle compared with a girls which is always horizontal given the spine/back is as horizontal as posssible during the u/s. Our LO was hiding his or her parts so we were unable to tell. That looks like a boy to me!!

By the way.. in the third photo.. are the legs vertical to the top? That looks like a shot from above which makes it difficult to see what direction the nub is pointed.
August 24th, 2011, 01:34 PM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
All babies have "nubs" at this point. And from the first pic, I am actually going to guess girl and I'll show you a link explaining the whole theory on "nubs".

Embryo Development external genital sex organs - angle of the dangle boy or girl ultrasound gender scan - Baby2see

Also, here is my pic of Rayne that's similar to your first pic there. She's definitely a girl.

Anyway, only time will tell. Just wanted to share that.

August 24th, 2011, 02:27 PM
femketje's Avatar Crazed Country Rebel
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyAnn327 View Post
All babies have "nubs" at this point. And from the first pic, I am actually going to guess girl and I'll show you a link explaining the whole theory on "nubs".

Embryo Development external genital sex organs - angle of the dangle boy or girl ultrasound gender scan - Baby2see

Also, here is my pic of Rayne that's similar to your first pic there. She's definitely a girl.

Anyway, only time will tell. Just wanted to share that.
I see it!!!
August 24th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes, they all have nubs but it's about the angle. The legs were vertical in that pic so I could see it better in a picture, but she did check the angle from a different view and predicted a boy that way. I put 12 weeks, because that's what my original due date was, but it actually measured at 13 weeks, and the site I checked out says they are 85% accurate guesses of gender at 13 weeks.

Either way I'm not saying it's a boy yet, just interesting. I will find out for sure on September 12th!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search