I need to stop avoiding this sub forum.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 4th, 2011, 04:35 AM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had such high hopes for myself and being healthier this pregnancy. Then, I felt like such poop the first trimester, I did nothing but lay on the couch and eat crap. Then, the second trimester came, and I had a million excuses for why I wasn't exercising.

Sunday, I tried to go for a run, and realized how out of shape I was. No activity since June has taken a toll on me. At the end of May, I ran a 10 mile race, and now I can't run for 10 minutes straight. I know that some of that is pregnancy, but I also know if I had kept running, I wouldn't be as out of shape as I am now.

I decided to get back to the gym and do some interval training on the treadmill. Yesterday was day one. I am following the couch to 5k running program that I used to start to run. Yesterday was run 90 seconds, walk 2 minutes. It actually went ok. I am a little sore, but that is to be expected. My legs have been used to being lazy!

Anyone else trying to keep up a fitness routine during this pregnancy? What are you doing for exercise?

October 4th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Conners Mommie +2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nope. Lol. I wish i was though....i was going to the gym for awhile, but then started having some pain which my dr thinks could be endometriosis. SOOOOO everything has come to a hault for awhile.

October 4th, 2011, 12:12 PM
mommy2noelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nope...and Whitney, I admire you for getting back into it. I've pretty much given up hope of starting up again.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

October 4th, 2011, 01:50 PM
kdrew88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had high hopes of using my elliptical once the m/s went away but mine is still lingering so I haven't done it yet. Hopefully it will go away for good and I can tone up a little and manage my weight gain so I don't gain too much.

First Time Mommy to Tatum Elaine born March 10th, 2012. 8 lbs, 9 oz, 21 inches long
October 8th, 2011, 12:37 AM
-Bailey-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Every single day I tell myself "hey, you should probably DO something"

And every single day I put it off

October 8th, 2011, 10:07 AM
chapsgirl07's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was using Couch to 5K...I really liked it. I hadn't gotten past week 4, but it was working. Now that I'm feeling better, I have full intention of going back to the gym at least a day or 2 a week to walk...just hasn't happened yet.

October 10th, 2011, 06:16 PM
kdrew88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I finally got on the elliptical tonight! It was only for 25 minutes, but I'm glad I did it!

First Time Mommy to Tatum Elaine born March 10th, 2012. 8 lbs, 9 oz, 21 inches long
October 14th, 2011, 07:50 AM
Hello ladies! I am am due in March but have a 10 month old boy. I did pilates until the day I had Brooks Allen and am doing the same with this one. I too had started running prior to my first but it felt too weird to run. Pilates kept me in shape, flexible, and free of back pain. It was especially helpful with posture and back pain when breastfeeding. I have to keep moving to make up for the wonderful things I eat!
October 27th, 2011, 11:18 AM
dansgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You can always start now!! Don't beat yourself up! Make a plan to start tomorrow and just do it. I want to look at and maybe start the couch to 5k...wonder how that would be for a prego? I ran before but my doc said to wait on running until the
2nd tri for me since I had a m/c a few months prior to this pregnancy. But everything is okay now and I think it is fine. I actually jog quite a bit back and forth to get things for the girls or when chasing my girls at the park. I forget I'm prego most of the time until pickle kicks me or I get a tummy charlie horse from popping out of bed/chair/etc too quickly!!

I go to the gym 4x a week. I walk at a incline (I vary it or I get super bored during the walk) for 30 min and watch my heart rate. I have an awesome Pilates preg. dvd I need to pull out and do.
I also have this "pregnancy without pounds" guide that talks about safe exercises to do while prego.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search