Have you or are you going to visit the Pumpkin Patch this year??

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 16th, 2011, 01:52 PM
pixiedust012404's Avatar Lovin my baby girl
If so I need your help! I have to write a paper for cultural anthropology on pumpkin patches and I need to do some interviews. Would any of you be willing to answer a few questions for me?

Your Age:

How often do you visit the pumpkin patch (ie every year, every couple of years)?

Why do you choose to visit the pumpkin patch?

Besides picking pumpkins, what other activies, if any, do you partake in at the pumpkin patch (like our local patches have corn mazes, hay rides, & petting zoos along with the pumpkin patch)?

Thanks in advance for your help!

thank you jaidynsmum for my siggie!

October 16th, 2011, 02:08 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
Your Age: 26

How often do you visit the pumpkin patch (ie every year, every couple of years)?

We've gone a few times in the past few years but are making it a yearly event now that the kids are older.

It's a good outdoor family activity. Our kids get to experience natural forms of entertainment rather than just commercial.

Besides picking pumpkins, what other activies, if any, do you partake in at the pumpkin patch (like our local patches have corn mazes, hay rides, & petting zoos along with the pumpkin patch)?

We got to haunted houses, the hayrides, cornmazes, petting zoo, the yummy goodies, and any other attraction they have.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
October 16th, 2011, 02:09 PM
mommy2noelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know if my answers will be much help, but here you go.

Your Age: 28

How often do you visit the pumpkin patch (ie every year, every couple of years)? This is only the second time in my life

Why do you choose to visit the pumpkin patch? Now I'm doing it because I want to create traditions with my daughter

Besides picking pumpkins, what other activies, if any, do you partake in at the pumpkin patch (like our local patches have corn mazes, hay rides, & petting zoos along with the pumpkin patch)? We will partake in as much as our time allows for, including apple picking, hay ride, and the petting zoo. I'm a little nervous about mazes, so we'll probably skip the corn maze.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

October 16th, 2011, 02:23 PM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Your Age: 31

How often do you visit the pumpkin patch (ie every year, every couple of years)? every years since DS was 15 months old

Why do you choose to visit the pumpkin patch? We want to create family traditions, and the kids love it!

Besides picking pumpkins, what other activies, if any, do you partake in at the pumpkin patch (like our local patches have corn mazes, hay rides, & petting zoos along with the pumpkin patch)? Definitely the hay ride! The place we go has a play area that the kids thoroughly enjoy! They love the slides and running and jumping on the bales of hay. We've done the corn maze, petting zoo, pony ride, bounce house, trike course, and eating all the fall goodies that they sell! Apple cider donuts and apple cider = yummmm!!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

October 16th, 2011, 02:28 PM
mythreesons's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Your Age: 38

How often do you visit the pumpkin patch (ie every year, every couple of years)? at least once a year...sometimes 2

Why do you choose to visit the pumpkin patch? To create a fun tradition to enjoy with my children for years to come.

Besides picking pumpkins, what other activies, if any, do you partake in at the pumpkin patch (like our local patches have corn mazes, hay rides, & petting zoos along with the pumpkin patch)? Definitely the hay ride. We also have done the corn maze, and the playground.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my wonderful siggy!

Me: Kristine

October 16th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Beeker's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Your Age: 36

How often do you visit the pumpkin patch (ie every year, every couple of years)? This is the first time I have ever been, but I will go every year now!

Why do you choose to visit the pumpkin patch? The selection and the price and it is fun!

We went on a hay ride. They have a corn maze but I hate that (bugs ew) so we didn't.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!!
October 16th, 2011, 02:56 PM
txranchmom's Avatar Country Momma to the Core
Your Age:31

How often do you visit the pumpkin patch (ie every year, every couple of years)? Haven't every honestly

Why do you choose to visit the pumpkin patch? I guess to pick pumpkins if you didn't have anywhere else to go

Besides picking pumpkins, what other activies, if any, do you partake in at the pumpkin patch (like our local patches have corn mazes, hay rides, & petting zoos along with the pumpkin patch)? Corn maze would be fun, we already have a mini petting zoo at home with all the critters and I find most are mistreated bad attitude animals that love to bite, lol. Hay ride, again we have that at home when we bale. lol
October 16th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Super Mommy
Your Age: 23

How often do you visit the pumpkin patch (ie every year, every couple of years)? every year!

Why do you choose to visit the pumpkin patch? Because it's tradition. When we were kids we went every single year and then all sat down and carved our pumpkins together. I feel like it's important to keep family and holiday traditions alive, especially living across the ocean from my family and with my first baby on the way.

Besides picking pumpkins, what other activies, if any, do you partake in at the pumpkin patch (like our local patches have corn mazes, hay rides, & petting zoos along with the pumpkin patch)? corn maze, hay ride... and pumpkins. When I was younger, the patches around my house had zip-lines too and we LOVED to do those.

October 16th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust012404 View Post
If so I need your help! I have to write a paper for cultural anthropology on pumpkin patches and I need to do some interviews. Would any of you be willing to answer a few questions for me?

Your Age:

Thanks in advance for your help!
I have already been this year and plan to go back several times.

Age 27

I go every year.

I go to support local farmers and churches. My kids enjoy it too. We do corn mazes, hayrides and they have fun games for the kids. They also have face painting and a bake sale.

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

October 16th, 2011, 06:27 PM
pixiedust012404's Avatar Lovin my baby girl
Thanks so much ladies, you rock! I knew I could count on you

thank you jaidynsmum for my siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search