Christmas Trees NOW????

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 26th, 2011, 07:54 AM
mommy2noelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So who's putting up there tree this weekend? Is your tree already up? When are you putting up your tree?

My aunt and I are going to Hobby Lobby today to take advantage of their still 50% Christmas decor. I will be putting my tree up tonight or tomorrow for sure! I'm so ready! I was trying to come up with what else I could do to decorate, but I don't have a coffee table or anything like that, so the most I got is getting a Christmas kitchen rug and towels. And I'm going to see if they have a new tree topper and perhaps a skirt that better matches my colors.

I also get to go yarn shopping, which I love. LOL!

I will gladly share pics of my tree when it's all done.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

November 26th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Not me ! I'm going to decorate the house this weekend but not put up the tree for a couple more weeks. This year I'll actually be able to decorate the whole tree! Exciting! In years past, I could only put bulbs up top for fear of my toddlers grabbing them off. I remember when Sammy was a year old and Johnny just a baby I actually had the tree gated off lol. (and Johnnys swing...and the stairs..yes, we were paranoid lol)

Today the kids and I are going to Dollarama to pick up a bunch of new decorations and I'll be hauling up the boxes from the basement to dig out the ones I already have. But nope, the tree will wait. Having it up from Dwcember to after January is long enough for me
Johnny age 4 born October 8, 2008
SHANE IS HERE!! Born March 1, 2012

Breastfeeding for 8 months now!!

November 26th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Thea Maria G's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
not til april is here (next year), we dont want to put up a tree for both us andfor the dog to probably try to pee on. lol. We do as little as possible lol

31yr old Working Mama, MBA Graduate, Married Proud Mama of April Gabrielle E.
November 26th, 2011, 09:17 AM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I really want to put the tree up this weekend! I LOVE our tree, and I'm excited that this year shouldn't be too bad with the kids taking the ornaments off.... hopefully.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

November 26th, 2011, 10:07 AM
The first time I had a tree Noelle was 18 months, and aside from looking at her reflection in the shiny ones, I had no problems with her taking ornaments off. There are only 5 more days til December, so to me, this is soon enough. I just needed to get past Thanksgiving. I need to feel some joy and the tree really helps with that.

November 26th, 2011, 10:28 AM
mythreesons's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We do a live tree and usually put it up 10-14 days before Christmas.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my wonderful siggy!

Me: Kristine

November 26th, 2011, 11:59 AM
pixiedust012404's Avatar Lovin my baby girl
My work provides its employees with trees a few weeks before xmas so we'll be doing once we get our tree. But other decorating starts this weekend!

thank you jaidynsmum for my siggie!

November 26th, 2011, 12:10 PM
RhiettaP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My tree went up the day after halloween=) I love Christmas and the earlier I put it up....the longer I get to enjoy it. I only decorate my front porch and the front living room....but I go all out with those areas.

William 11.06.03
Ethan 7.3.08
Liam Ryan 2.17.12
Rowan Oliver 6.19.14
November 26th, 2011, 12:54 PM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We usually do Christmas decorating the weekend after Thanksgiving, but this weekend has been so busy, I don't think it will happen. Hopefully next weekend, if we can't squeeze it in today or tomorrow. DD is very excited for Christmas, and she is going to love having our decorations up.

November 26th, 2011, 01:37 PM
LOL Rhietta!!!! I can't imagine having mine up that long, but I know what you mean.

Mistie, that is so cool that you get a tree.

I just got home from Hobby Lobby and I got a few extra things for the tree. I also got some gorgeous wrapping paper!

November 26th, 2011, 01:38 PM
mamaperry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We get a real tree so that doesn't happen until Dec. I'm not to into this year bc my toddler will attack whatever I do. We'll prob keep it low key.

November 26th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Beeker's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The tree has been up since last week. It only has lights on it. DH has spinal injections so he put it up before he couldn't do anything. we are doing ornaments tonight.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!!
November 26th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Nia, you make a good point. The tree does lift spirits and is beautiful to look at. Hmm..maybe it will go up a little earlier

I'd love to see pics when your tree's done!
Johnny age 4 born October 8, 2008
SHANE IS HERE!! Born March 1, 2012

Breastfeeding for 8 months now!!

November 26th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Dan's wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Our tree is up but nothing is on it yet. I've been wanting to decorate it but my sinuses have me feeling like crap this weekend. I'm hoping to do it tomorrow.

November 26th, 2011, 07:59 PM
kdrew88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think we're putting our tree up tomorrow...cannot wait!!! We got a prelit artificial tree a couple of years ago after Christmas but we've been moving around so much we haven't gotten to use it yet. I can't wait to see it all decorted!

I love Christmas decorations! I just need to clear out the front room where the tree wil go, in front of the window. That room is full of baby stuff right now, LOL!

First Time Mommy to Tatum Elaine born March 10th, 2012. 8 lbs, 9 oz, 21 inches long
November 26th, 2011, 11:12 PM
-Bailey-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We didn't even want a tree originally, but DF changed his mind. So ours is up already, I'm not a fan of Christmas decorations early but hey, it was my first tree outside of my parents house and I just had to have it ASAP

Not that easy to see like that. It's all red and gold...thankfully DF agrees that trees need to be coordinated haha. [Oh and it's on an end table cause of the ferrets, NO clue what we're gonna do when we have a real tree...]

Last edited by -Bailey-; November 27th, 2011 at 01:38 AM.
November 27th, 2011, 04:52 AM
Bailey what a cute tree! And I definitely agree with DF...trees should be coordinated. LOL!

Since I have one of those artificial trees where you have to fluff and insert each branch individually, that's all I did yesterday. It's a lot of work for a preggo. But even with just the plain tree up, Noelle was so excited! LOL!

My color scheme is shades of purple and silver. And I got a white tree! I was so excited to have my own tree to decorate how I wanted! And since I have carpet and a crappy vacuum, there is no way I was getting a live tree...although we grew up with them and I love the way they look and smell.

I assembled the tree last night while listening to my Pandora Christmas station.

November 27th, 2011, 04:53 AM
Super Mommy
We are not doing a tree this year since I'm flying home to the States and DH opted to stay here.

I'm betting I'll be helping my parents set theirs up my first weekend home, though. I'm flying home on the 6th!! Can't wait!!

November 27th, 2011, 10:47 AM
cherry08's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Our tree has been up for about 2 weeks but it isn't decorated yet. Hopefully later today or this week sometime.

November 27th, 2011, 11:53 AM
RhiettaP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My tree looks like Hallmark and and preschool threw up on it=) My mother collected hallmark ornaments for 30 years for each of us kids, so when we moved out, we each got a collection of ornaments....add it the ones the kids made through out the year.....

Ethan won't let the tree alone this year, so the bottom of the tree are all the boring non-fun ornaments.....between that and my nativity set.....I think I need to glue down baby Jesus!!

William 11.06.03
Ethan 7.3.08
Liam Ryan 2.17.12
Rowan Oliver 6.19.14

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search