Not wearing maternity clothes

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 28th, 2011, 01:52 PM
RhiettaP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So.....I'm 26wks ish.....have roughly 9 weeks left until I deliver and I'm still in my pre-pregnancy clothes (though I am wearing my belly band because my pants sag under my belly)......I do have 3 or 4 maternity shirts that I wear because I do need the length (I do have a belly)...

So I've decided....this is my last baby, I'm not working...I am NOT going to buy maternity clothes....I'm just not going to spend the money....so today I bought (because it's getting cold here) 2 pair of levi's, another belly band and a couple long (non maternity) sweaters that I can wear after baby.

DH doesn't care one way or the other....my mother on the other hand (bless her pointly little head) thinks I'm totally jaded.

Even though this is my 4th baby, this is my first pregnancy that I haven't gained a lot of weight (6lbs total thus far) and am at my healthiest. I just don't see myself gaining 20-25lbs in the next 9 weeks.....I'm guessing 5-10lbs....15lbs MAX......and the weight I am gaining....is all baby (remember I had weight loss surgery, so I can't EAT eat even if I wanted too).

I'm actually kind of sad that I don't get that fantastic maternity wardrobe I always dreamed of having...but now that it's here....I just can't bring myself to spend the $$.

William 11.06.03
Ethan 7.3.08
Liam Ryan 2.17.12
Rowan Oliver 6.19.14
November 28th, 2011, 03:01 PM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Why will you be delivering at 35 weeks? I can't imagine not needing maternity clothes.

November 28th, 2011, 03:20 PM
mamaperry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm with you! I have one pair of jeans from my last pregnancy, and two shirts. I've gain 2lbs, and this is my last. I will make what I have work, bc I don't work :O) Thank GOD for leggings and big sweaters!

November 28th, 2011, 05:56 PM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
I didn't have to wear maternity clothes with the others until the last trimester (Bella) or I dropped (the boys). It just seems odd to me that I've had to wear them since I was like 12 weeks.
mom of: Zach (10), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14
November 28th, 2011, 06:01 PM
yugot2h8's Avatar Veteran
I wish I didn't have to wear maternity clothes. I would have saved a lot of money.

thanks to claire1979 for my gorgeous siggy

November 28th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Lovemykiddos!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Lovemykiddos!
I have been getting away with not wearing any but I do have a couple pairs of maternity pants I bought of Craigslist lol but I'm more comfortable in regular pants, but I can't do any of them up. my problem is shirts. I don't have any that fit over my belly anymore. Hopefully I don't grow out of DHs shirts.
November 29th, 2011, 05:35 AM
mommy2noelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Same here Rhietta. I have two belly bands. Since I had lost weight before getting pregnant, all of my clothes were technically too big anyway. Right now, I don't even weigh as much as I did before I lost the 25 lbs, so I think I should be ok. I may have to buy a couple of 2x shirts at the end, but that's it.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

November 29th, 2011, 06:03 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Lucky you!! That's how I was with Danny, I just didn't get very big, and by the time I could have used maternity stuff, I was so far along it just wasn't worth it.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
November 30th, 2011, 01:12 AM
-Bailey-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
To be honest I am SO uncomfortable in maternity clothes. I have no problem walking around with my jeans unbuttoned and unzipped [my favorite pair actually has the zipper broken and I still wore them].
But my mom always complained about it when she saw me, and I know she was really excited about taking me to get maternity clothes so I indulged her.

I'd say if you don't need it, why waste the money? Worst case you have to live in baggy sweats for a couple weeks if you gain too much.

November 30th, 2011, 05:34 PM
RhiettaP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyAnn327 View Post
Why will you be delivering at 35 weeks? I can't imagine not needing maternity clothes.
I have a bunch of *small* issues....that individually wouldn't be high risk, but when you add them all in together......(4 major belly surgeries, *uterian windows*(very thin uterus, placenta something or other- my placenta had attached itself extra deep, GD, and big babies (even though my GD is 100% controlled)

I will get steriods at 34wks, and an amnio at 35wks....will continue to have one every few days until babies lungs are ready at which point I will be having my (un)scheduled c/s - my high risk OB said she will not let me go past 36wks 0 days.

William 11.06.03
Ethan 7.3.08
Liam Ryan 2.17.12
Rowan Oliver 6.19.14
November 30th, 2011, 09:43 PM
brandywk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Placenta accreta? My doctors worried I may have that as well (4th c-section). I don't want to deliver early though Especially since in my case it's just a maybe!
Wish I could go w/ out maternity clothes, I hate wearing the same clothes over and over again!
I wanna see a belly pic

6lbs 15oz 17.5 inches

Sister to Christian, Madelyn & Samuel

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search