Startling Realization

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 29th, 2011, 05:55 AM
mommy2noelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Today I am 26 weeks. Noelle was born at 38 weeks 5 days.

Given my body seems like it wants to start prepping for birth, it stands to reason that I *could* have this baby in 12 short weeks. That's frightening when I think about how fast the past 12 weeks have gone by.

I do want to have a baby sprinkle, and I know I said I was going to wait until after Christmas to buy anything, but with this 12 week thing sitting over my head, I feel like I should start buying stuff now...and then I feel like I have NO idea where to start. LOL! I don't know...I guess now my nesting/preparation instincts have crept in.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

November 29th, 2011, 06:10 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Sounds like nesting to me! I would hold off still though - even with 12 weeks to go, there is a fair bit of time yet

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
November 29th, 2011, 06:15 AM
I'm going to try because I did say I wanted to wait until after Christmas. And really, all my money right now is tied up in Christmas gifts/activities.

That is only 4 more weeks to wait...I can do it. LOL! I'll just obsessively write lists. I could also start writing plans for the baby sprinkle. I guess because I have a lot of my housework stuff done, I'm feeling the need to do something! Oh, I could call Medela and find out where to get my breast pump tested/fixed.

November 29th, 2011, 07:11 AM
I know when I posted my baby gaga thing on Facebook it said 14 more weeks but I know I have less then that I have 12 weeks if I hold to have the c-section but I had my son at 32 weeks which is only 6 weeks from now and I'm already having contractions so who knows I may have anywhere from 6 weeks to 12 it feels like it is going by so fast now. I'm starting to get that scared feeling like I did right before I had Emmy I was caught off gaurd with Joey so I didn't have time to be scared.
November 29th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Conners Mommie +2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I still have less than 18 weeks left....and I'm sure I'll probably last that whole time! But it will be here before we know it!

November 29th, 2011, 08:29 AM
kdrew88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just started noticing that most of our tickers are approaching/passing the 2/3 mark. Yippeee!!!!

Will you register for your baby sprinkle? If so, that may appease your desire to buy some things because you can do the research on which items you want and put them on your registry.

I would also suggest keeping an eye on craigslists if you're open to getting used items like a baby swing, stroller, etc. Never know when a good deal will come up! We have purchased most of our big items. We just need the baby monitor and a bunch of small stuff now. I think we'll get most of the small stuff at our baby shower. Oh, we need 2 baby gates too for our stairs. The ones that fit our staircase are kinda pricey at $75 each. I've been trying to find them on sale somewhere but haven't had much luck yet.

First Time Mommy to Tatum Elaine born March 10th, 2012. 8 lbs, 9 oz, 21 inches long
November 29th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Haha Kelly! I did go try to update my Target registry...didn't help too much. Most of my baby gear is being given to me used from friends, so no need to look on Craig's List.

Yes, in two short weeks, I'll be in my third trimester and I just feel really unprepared.

It's just part of pregnancy.

November 29th, 2011, 08:49 AM
kdrew88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When does the third trimester start? 26 weeks?

That's great that your friends are giving you stuff! I had one friend give me a box full of the cutest little girl clothes!! So much fun!

I actually feel like I could bring the little one home if she were born now since we have the carseat, pack n play with newborn insert, some diapers/wipes, and a few clothes. It's a nice feeling!

First Time Mommy to Tatum Elaine born March 10th, 2012. 8 lbs, 9 oz, 21 inches long
November 29th, 2011, 08:52 AM
KASHWORTH's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know! Geeze, my mom was talking about it saying my baby shower is in 4 weeks and the baby is 8 weeks later! Then it hit me!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
November 29th, 2011, 10:13 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
I know how you feel. The induction is supposed to take place in about 10 weeks. TEN WEEKS. What the heck?!
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
November 29th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Kelly, the third trimester starts at 27 or 28 weeks depending on who you ask. I'm going by 28 weeks. I am so thankful for the hand me downs. I gave away all of Noelle's stuff. All I have left is a crib, some bottles, a bumbo, and my breast pump...I think maybe that's what's scaring me. Not that I won't get everything that I need, but I think it was so different with Noelle. I feel like I was more on my way to being prepared or something. Right now I feel like I'm just waiting to have the baby.

Kelsey...I was just thinking, with Noelle, I had my shower at 32 weeks. With this baby, my sprinkle will be when I'm 34 or 35 weeks or so. That 2 weeks makes a huge difference to me.

November 29th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Super Mommy
I know I had a dream a few weeks ago that this baby was born at 36 weeks. I really hope that doesn't happen. Still, many of us will start having these babies in February and that is just around the corner now.

I totally get the whole unprepared thing. I have been making lists and trying to pick up all of the little things as I find them. The hardest part for me is not being able to make up a nursery just for this baby, but in reality I know we wouldn't use it anyway.

November 29th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Super Mommy
I hear ya girl! I just noticed that I have 99 days left until the due date....YIKES! Baby girl still only has one outfit and a little jacket......I did start a registry the other night because we've had people ask what we want / need for her, so I figured if someone really wants to get something for her, there's a list. I don't think there will be a baby shower this go around, but you never know....

I think I have 11 more weeks left to work....which seems like forever, until I think of how quickly the next 11 weeks is going to fly by with the holidays being smack in the middle of that...it's going to go so quickly!

November 29th, 2011, 09:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I keep freaking out too because I've been having lots of Braxton hicks and period type cramping which I'll have my dr check out next week. I just feel like with the holidays, the time is gonna fly.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w.../ryderlee1.gif
November 29th, 2011, 11:05 PM
-Bailey-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
umm baby sprinkle???

See I'm worried I'll be over my due date by a week or two. I know some people think you can guess how your pregnancy and labor is gonna go by your mom's, and some people don't...BUT my mom was 2 weeks past her due date with both the girls [and right ON her due date with my brother haha]

Still, this is exactly why I bought a ton of stuff right after we found out the gender [ok that and smaller paychecks this month]. But I STILL have this urge to buy things, because now we need a lot of little stuff we'll likely get at the shower so I have to wait to see what we'll still need...I hate waiting.
BUT 12 weeks is close, but still far...you've got plenty of time

November 30th, 2011, 07:37 AM
A baby sprinkle is a new thing...a smaller version of a shower for moms who are having baby #2 and up.

I have the big items covered, but we have no clothes, toiletries, etc...Plus, I really dislike the idea of not having a celebration for this baby, so I'm settled on a sprinkle. Plus, like Melissa, people keep asking me about a shower, so it's to appease all my friends too.

November 30th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Nia, I gave away all the kids stuff too! As of right now I have nothing!! I also plan to wait til after Christmas to shop. Thank the good Lord, dh just picked up a big electrical contract so finances should improve - once we get caught up on the insane bills!

It's funny with the other two the pregnancies took forever it seemed. This one has flown by!! I will feel better when I've gotten a chance to buy everything I need. Right now the baby would be sleeping in a laundry basket lol. Nooo.. I gotta get out shopping ASAP. In January there should be some sweet deals to be had. From basinette to burp cloths..I need it all!
Johnny age 4 born October 8, 2008
SHANE IS HERE!! Born March 1, 2012

Breastfeeding for 8 months now!!

November 30th, 2011, 08:39 AM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshyne View Post
Nia, I gave away all the kids stuff too! As of right now I have nothing!!
I have a crib... that's about it. I have cute yellow/pink girly bed stuff for it only... I have no clothes. Don't have a car seat. No bottles. Absolutely nothing.

I've been trying, since I found out the gender, to see if the mom that I gave the boys' old stuff too, has any of it left. Unfortunately for me, she's not too happy with my family right now. My mom was her son's babysitter for 4 years and my mom quit in May. I'm tempted to call this lady's mom, I need some of those clothes back dangit, and I know there was a lot she never used.
mom of: Zach (9), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14
November 30th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshyne View Post
Right now the baby would be sleeping in a laundry basket lol. Nooo.. I gotta get out shopping ASAP. In January there should be some sweet deals to be had. From basinette to burp cloths..I need it all!
LOL!!!! Lined very nicely with soft towels.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search