I have been sooo hungry past few days!!??

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 29th, 2011, 10:39 AM
D&K's_mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So probably for about the past 3 days, I stay hungry! I could eat allllll day long!! Anyone else feeling this way!? I dont like it because Im affraid its gonna pack on the pounds! But I get sooo hungry I have to eat!!! And Im also wanting junk food like crazi!!!!! Please tell me Im not the only one!!!!!

November 29th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Thea Maria G's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This has been me the entire pregnancy lol

31yr old Working Mama, MBA Graduate, Married Proud Mama of April Gabrielle E.
November 29th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Super Mommy
Yes! But I have noticed it dwindling down now that she is getting bigger and moving up.

November 29th, 2011, 11:29 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
I've been there for a while myself! I am trying to limit myself a little, so I don't keep gaining like I have been, but then I end up hungry at the end of the day...and in the middle of the night. Doh.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
November 29th, 2011, 12:07 PM
mommy2noelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's not daily or consistent, but I'm having that kind of feeling today. And it's always junk food.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

November 29th, 2011, 12:57 PM
kdrew88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep, that is starting for me too. I used to not be able to finish a regular sized meal but now I eat my full meal (usually) and get hungry again like 2 hrs later. I'm just trying to make sure I add fruits/veggies in to keep me full longer and not fill up on junk food (although tempting!)

First Time Mommy to Tatum Elaine born March 10th, 2012. 8 lbs, 9 oz, 21 inches long
November 29th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh, this just reminded me. I have a Nestle's Crunch bar in my bag! I can't believe I forgot about it by now.

I am sooo craving junk food...candy, burgers and fries, pizza. I eat healthy most of the time, but am fitting to much of that stuff into my diet.
November 29th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Conners Mommie +2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
me too!!!!!!!!!!! It tapered off for awhile, but the hunger is back in full force now!

November 29th, 2011, 01:52 PM
brandywk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was the same way a couple of weeks ago! Makes me wonder if baby was going through a growth spurt. I made 3 batches of magic cookie bars in 2 weeks! 13x9 pan of grahm crust, sweetened condensed milk, semi sweet chocolate chips, crushed walnuts and coconut on top.. mmmm!!! After the 3rd batch I made a promis to myself that I wouldn't make anymore. Not sure If I can keep that promis I ate them with breakfast, lunch and dinner! Oh.. and snack, snack and snack!
I too also eat a lot of junk food and pop

6lbs 15oz 17.5 inches

Sister to Christian, Madelyn & Samuel

November 29th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Well you girls make me feel better, and that Im not the only one haha.. I was thinking too that maybe baby is going through a growing spurt.. normally when not pregnant, i eat one good meal a day and a few snacks.. prolly not the healthiest but Im just normally not a big eater..

Magic Cookie bars are the bomb!!! I just made some last week for the first time! They are yummmy!!!

November 29th, 2011, 03:24 PM
katchi's Avatar Super Mommy
Count me in that camp, too. I went to Wal-Mart for groceries yesterday and spent $150. It's just James and me in the house, so that's a little excessive, I think. When I told DH about it, though, I was like, "Well, it's Wal-Mart, so I'm sure there was other stuff in there..." So later, I get my receipt thinking that will make me feel better. Nope. I bought one suave hairspray and one one sale clothing item for James. Less than $10 total was non-grocery. The good news is, I have lots of fresh fruits, veggies, stuff to make meals with, etc. now. So there's no reason I can't eat good, solid meals for the next week.
The bad thing I've noticed with all of my heavy eating is the heartburn. It's awful! I got such a bad case over Thanksgiving, I had to stop on my way to get DH from the airport and get some Tums from Wal-Mart. I was late to get him b/c I knew if I didn't stop, I was going to puke. It hurt so bad and felt like it was all going to come up if I didn't do something! (Sidebar, I don't suggest eating two oversized bowls of Taco Soup, fritos, dip, and bread in one sitting.)
Also, did you guys know there is a recall on Rolaids products right now? I'm so annoyed! I always go with Rolaids soft chews b/c they don't taste chalky and they work way fast. (Why I went to Wal-Mart instead of a gas station, b/c I'm particular on my heartburn relief!) I hope they fix it soon and get restocked. Those tums were HORRIBLE! I bought two kinds trying to make do. Bleh!
Needless to say, lots of overeating going on here and hungry is a chronic issue for me lately!

November 29th, 2011, 04:35 PM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been pretty hungry lately too. I do notice that I get full and stay full for a long time. Sometimes, it is like I am painfully full. Then, all of a sudden, I am starving again. There seems to be no in between.

November 29th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Super Mommy
I have been getting up in the middle of the night to eat I told my doc that and he said replace a fourth of my carbs with protien and see if that helps. That is easier said than done but I did notice that if I have protein directly before bed I stay asleep longer.
November 29th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woohoo502 View Post
I've been pretty hungry lately too. I do notice that I get full and stay full for a long time. Sometimes, it is like I am painfully full. Then, all of a sudden, I am starving again. There seems to be no in between.
Me too! There are times I get full like that too and Im like ugh when will this fullness go away.. Im actually like that right now.. lol.. I was starving couldnt wait for supper so I ate like a pig.. now Im miserable and its been 3 hours since I ate!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katchi View Post
Count me in that camp, too. I went to Wal-Mart for groceries yesterday and spent $150. It's just James and me in the house, so that's a little excessive, I think. When I told DH about it, though, I was like, "Well, it's Wal-Mart, so I'm sure there was other stuff in there..." So later, I get my receipt thinking that will make me feel better. Nope. I bought one suave hairspray and one one sale clothing item for James. Less than $10 total was non-grocery. The good news is, I have lots of fresh fruits, veggies, stuff to make meals with, etc. now. So there's no reason I can't eat good, solid meals for the next week.
The bad thing I've noticed with all of my heavy eating is the heartburn. It's awful! I got such a bad case over Thanksgiving, I had to stop on my way to get DH from the airport and get some Tums from Wal-Mart. I was late to get him b/c I knew if I didn't stop, I was going to puke. It hurt so bad and felt like it was all going to come up if I didn't do something! (Sidebar, I don't suggest eating two oversized bowls of Taco Soup, fritos, dip, and bread in one sitting.)
Also, did you guys know there is a recall on Rolaids products right now? I'm so annoyed! I always go with Rolaids soft chews b/c they don't taste chalky and they work way fast. (Why I went to Wal-Mart instead of a gas station, b/c I'm particular on my heartburn relief!) I hope they fix it soon and get restocked. Those tums were HORRIBLE! I bought two kinds trying to make do. Bleh!
Needless to say, lots of overeating going on here and hungry is a chronic issue for me lately!
Oh girl I feel ya on the heartburn too! Ugh I never have heartburn never ever unless I am pregnant, and its horriable!!
Lol Im bad when I go to the store lately too! And stupid food commercials, I want everything I see them show on TV lol..

November 29th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica25 View Post
I have been getting up in the middle of the night to eat I told my doc that and he said replace a fourth of my carbs with protien and see if that helps. That is easier said than done but I did notice that if I have protein directly before bed I stay asleep longer.
I do that too, or I eat right before bed cuz Im starving, then I wake up with a belly ache if I eat before bed or in the middle of the night... Im going to try the protein thing and see if that helps!!

November 29th, 2011, 11:17 PM
-Bailey-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by woohoo502 View Post
This is me totally. I can't eat more than usual in one go now, but I still feel super stuffed after most meals. I haven't notced an in between either when I feel overstuffed...I'll go straight to "hmm...wow I really should eat something"

I have definitely been leaning more on the unhealthy side of food as well

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search