Coming home outfits

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 1st, 2011, 12:55 PM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I saved all of my kids old clothes but I like to get something new when we have a new baby. So I was looking for some cute outfits that they could come home in. It's hard to find matching stuff for boys and girls. I found 2 outfits that I think go together pretty well. And I love sleepers so much! I don't like doing little shirts and pants and socks for little tiny babies. It's too much work. What do you think of these? Now if I could just come up with $20 somehow....

Carter's Star Sleep and Play - Newborn

Carter's Heart Sleep and Play - Newborn

December 1st, 2011, 01:01 PM
Momma to 2 and one angel
Awww they are so cute. I love them both.

I got my little mans coming home outfit the weekend after we found out what we were having as a way of cheering me up I have been meaning to post pictures of it I just havent lol its a 3 peice deal I did sleepers with my other boys I wanted something different this time. what I really wanted was 30 bucks so I wasnt spending that on one outfit I am cheap lol

December 1st, 2011, 01:52 PM
Lovemykiddos!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Lovemykiddos!
We haven't picked one yet, 0-3s r the only thing we haven't really got a lot of. I don't like to buy any till closer to baby being born since 0-3 r usually what people buy as gifts. So once we are closer we will go through what we have and pick out favorite
December 1st, 2011, 02:24 PM
RhiettaP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Very cute. It's always been a traditon (for lack of a better word) for babies coming home outfit to be....fancy persay. Lilly came home in ruffles and lace with a matching blanket and booties....the 9 yards (my mother always purchashes the coming home outfits...lol....).

She is bringing my baby Liam's at Christmas time...all I know it is light blue and it was purchased at Belks.

William 11.06.03
Ethan 7.3.08
Liam Ryan 2.17.12
Rowan Oliver 6.19.14
December 1st, 2011, 02:49 PM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not big into the ruffles and fancy outfits. It's too much work with 1 baby, let alone 2!

Also, we don't have a lot of newborn size stuff. Most of our little stuff is 0-3 months since 4 out of our 5 babies were 8+ lbs when they were born. But I think with it being twins and them coming before 40 weeks, we are going to need a few of the newborn size.

Last edited by KimberlyAnn327; December 1st, 2011 at 02:51 PM.
December 1st, 2011, 04:55 PM
Thea Maria G's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
awwww. I love carters

31yr old Working Mama, MBA Graduate, Married Proud Mama of April Gabrielle E.
December 1st, 2011, 04:55 PM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Love them! I think they'll look great together! I ordered 2 of these Monkey 3-Piece Bodysuit Set | Baby Boy Sets last weekend when everything was half price on Carter's website. I think they'll be their coming home outfits.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

December 1st, 2011, 05:05 PM
mommy2noelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think they're cute Kimberly.

Even though people buy stuff at the shower, I like to buy the coming home outfit. I WAS looking at this one...newborn - outfits - his layette - horse for him | Children's Clothing | Kids Clothes | The Children's Place

But I'm also thinking this is a much simpler outfit since it'll be cold and we'll be coming straight home. newborn - layette - striped coveralls | Children's Clothing | Kids Clothes | The Children's Place

And I need to go ahead and get this too.
newborn - outerwear - faux-fur bunting | Children's Clothing | Kids Clothes | The Children's Place

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

December 1st, 2011, 05:25 PM
Chelbell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nia- I love all of those, especially the first one.

We are going to stick to something simple. I really want to get him a little brother shirt and Jaxon a big brother one. There is a really cute one that I saw at gymboree.
Chelsey, mom to Jaxon(3), Zachary(1), and expecting #3 11/11/13

December 1st, 2011, 05:26 PM
Momma to 2 and one angel
This is the outfit I actually got for my little mans comeing home outfit but I got it on sale.

Carter's Boys 3-Piece Cardigan Set - Blue (Newborn) - Carters - Babies "R" Us

and here are the booties it got to go with it lol just cause I really liked them i got these one sale also.

Carter's Boys Knitted Monkey Bootie - Brown (Newborn) - Carters - Babies "R" Us

December 1st, 2011, 05:27 PM
Thanks Chelsey. I just have to make up my mind. And I need to do it while they're on sale.

My best friend was actually just talking about big sister/little brother shirts today. I was going to let Noelle make her own and buy one for the baby.

December 1st, 2011, 05:29 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
So, so cute - I love them both! I plan on something similar for baby to come home in... Just a super cute sleeper. Haven't picked out anything specific though.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
December 1st, 2011, 06:08 PM
pixiedust012404's Avatar Lovin my baby girl
I have already picked out a newborn & 0-3 size sleeper for her to come home in. MIL bought the newborn one & S/BIL bought the 0-3. The newborn is white and says "I love mommy" in different colors and the 0-3 is pink with a girl monkey head

thank you jaidynsmum for my siggie!

December 1st, 2011, 07:30 PM
kdrew88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't even thought about this yet. I guess I should pick out something cute, heehee!

FYI Kimberly, Kohl's usually has an additional 15-20% off coupon floating around online so you can get those outfits for cheaper.

First Time Mommy to Tatum Elaine born March 10th, 2012. 8 lbs, 9 oz, 21 inches long
December 1st, 2011, 07:34 PM
Ooo You Touch My TraLaLa
Send a message via Skype™ to Dez
I love them I need to get on the ball with buying clothes, we have nothing. I have a specific coming home outfit in mind so I need to get on that too.
December 1st, 2011, 08:12 PM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just do onesies with pants if needed. I really don't like to dress up the baby, to much of a hassel for me.

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

December 1st, 2011, 10:02 PM
Beeker's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our baby is going home in a Philly Eagles outfit. I just need to check it out.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!!
December 1st, 2011, 10:03 PM
-Bailey-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Those are cute! And it's gotta be difficult trying to find a girl and boy outfit that match somewhat, you did a good job haha!

I bought Aurora's coming home outfit for my DFs bday present, but it looks HUGE compared to the other 0-3 month sizes...so I'll be finding some in a normal looking 0-3 month and a newborn sized to bring along too.

and I have only a very small amount of actual "outfits" for baby, there is just no point when they are that small! But I figured it'd be cute to actually dress her up when we go 'show her off' for the first time to people [oh and two actual dresses because I cannot resist a baby girl in a dress ]

December 2nd, 2011, 06:03 AM
I love this thread. It makes me so excited.

December 2nd, 2011, 07:09 AM
mythreesons's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
All of my boys came home in the same outfit. I love looking at it and remembering each of the coming home in the outfit. I will see if I can find a pic of it.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my wonderful siggy!

Me: Kristine

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search