Names

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 2nd, 2011, 05:42 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I was just wondering if everyone has a name chosen and if so are you sharing it with everyone? Why or why not?

We have a name chosen, first for sure, middle name about 90%. We have told the kids, my mom and grandma and I did tell a friend of mine from work but thats it.

The name is different, but not crazy. Some of my other kids have unique names and I have heard negative things about their names, from people IRL and online.
There was even a post on some baby naming site, years ago, about my kids names and how they were "aawful". Not that I really care what a bunch of uptight women I have never met think, but I would never assume to have enough authority to trash another persons name choice for THEIR child.

So what are you all doing? If you are sharing, please do. I may just have to spill the beans. lol
#12 is on the way
December 2nd, 2011, 05:49 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
We do not have a name chosen, but once we decide on it, we will not be sharing. We like to keep a surprise in store for when baby is born... We find out and share the gender, so the name is sort of our chance to reveal baby to the world and keep that excitement of making the calls announcing "It's a ___!"

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
December 2nd, 2011, 05:58 AM
Mandy1108's Avatar Expecting a little boy!!
Send a message via Skype™ to Mandy1108
I think we have picked our name....and still havent told anyone yet. But we just decided on it like 2 days ago..haha & Im not sure if we're going to share or not....Im torn between telling or not telling. I did tell on here though....I posted it on Under the Hat

December 2nd, 2011, 06:11 AM
Super Mommy
We have it narrowed down to 2 names so far, Isla Rose and Autumn Elizabeth. We'll probably share when we choose one.

December 2nd, 2011, 06:13 AM
mythreesons's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am still completely undecided about a name. I am not sure if I will share it if we do decide on a name before he is born.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my wonderful siggy!

Me: Kristine

December 2nd, 2011, 06:34 AM
KASHWORTH's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have chosen a name and we're not keeping it a secret really if people are really interested in knowing, but I don't go explaining the spelling and stuff (which is the unique part) only to my mom and MIL and i knew they would like it. The only reason I don't like sharing is because people tend to make a lot more comments on a name before the baby is born, as if they could change your mind or something. And it could end up getting to you, and the name shouldn't be changed because some people don't like it. I think people would make less comments about it once the baby is born and it's name is already set.
BUT I'll share here..
We chose Jaycen Connor. We agreed to call him Jayce. Hubby's name is spelled weird so he's into the weird spelling, lol.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
December 2nd, 2011, 06:52 AM
mommy2noelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have decided on a name. Our immediate family knows, my BFF, and the ladies here who have access to the private forum, but other than that, it will be revealed at the baby sprinkle.

Most folks love the name, some don't really like it, but I don't care. LOL! Me and BF like it so that's all that matters...plus, my DD picked the first name.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

December 2nd, 2011, 07:28 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OK, you have to tell me what it is.

Currently our working name is Maris Josephine. But I am getting kind of tired of Maris. So that part isn't set. I also like Lydia, but we have an Olivia. I tried to explain that by the time I start yelling at Lydia, Olivia will be moved out, but they don't believe me.
December 2nd, 2011, 08:44 AM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
We have ours picked -We gave Mia a list of three names and she picked Molly...Me and DH picked her middle name - Ann. Ann is both our parents middle names so it works well.

December 2nd, 2011, 09:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We haven't decided at all this is getting super hard but once we ever decide I'll share it.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w.../ryderlee1.gif
December 2nd, 2011, 10:42 AM
Cute names everyone.
IMO Jaycen is a nice spelling.
Isla and Autumn are nice.
Farmers Wife...I know what you mean about the older one being gone by the time you get to yelling the younger ones name...lol. I have 17 year old Isaac and 4 year old Isaiaah.
Molly is cute!

So this babys first name is Canaan, middle name will be either Jamal or Mekhi. I am about 90% sure it will be Jamal, all but the oldest three have J middle names.
#12 is on the way
December 2nd, 2011, 10:56 AM
WhoaMomma!'s Avatar Danielle
We haven't decided. Before I conceived I thought we had agree on Sophie Raine, but my DH now has changed his mind. He won't discuss it at all. So hopefully she will get a name at some point?

And I am very judgemental about people's names. I told my brother to his face that his naming privileges should be revoked by the government. I'm a school teacher and I work with kids every day with idiotic names. I see what happens when little Starla tries to interview for a scholarship.

My daughter is perfect, but her birth was not. If you or someone you love is struggling to cope with a traumatic childbirth experience, please visit http://www.solaceformothers.org/
December 2nd, 2011, 11:21 AM
UM, way to go finding another "aa" name! Well done!

I, too, prefer traditional spellings of names.
December 2nd, 2011, 11:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm soo frustrated I don't have a name yet. We named our son John (Johnny is what we call him) and that name because it's his dads and grandfathers name. I was pressured into it and relented to it--in the delivery room.

The names I like (Shawn, Kevin, are two I like) dh has shot down. We simply cannot agree on a name. He likes "Angus" I thought he was joking but nope, he likes that name..I don't. There's no way it'll be Angus that's for sure.

I finally told dh look you got out all your naming rights when I was conned into naming our son after you and your dad--this ones MINE to name lol.

For now we've reached a stalemate on names. But in the end I refuse to name my child something I'd rather not..don't get me wrong my son does suit "Johnny" and now I can't see him named anything else but I think this time I'll stand my ground and make sure it's a name I choose. It'll be nice if dh and I can agree on one but if not..I'm naming the baby lol.

When and if we ever decide on a name I'll be sharing

I love the names you all have picked. Urban, Jamal is so cute, I'd use it as a first name!..but I'm kinda partial to J names. My whole immediate family is all J's
Johnny age 4 born October 8, 2008
SHANE IS HERE!! Born March 1, 2012

Breastfeeding for 8 months now!!

December 2nd, 2011, 11:55 AM
mommy2noelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoaMomma! View Post
We haven't decided. Before I conceived I thought we had agree on Sophie Raine, but my DH now has changed his mind. He won't discuss it at all. So hopefully she will get a name at some point?

And I am very judgemental about people's names. I told my brother to his face that his naming privileges should be revoked by the government. I'm a school teacher and I work with kids every day with idiotic names. I see what happens when little Starla tries to interview for a scholarship.
I think people see naming children as a matter of expression in a sense. I work with some people with questionable names, but they have jobs.

And they you have a lot of cultures where names carry extreme importance/significance. For instance, I was at a playdate with some mom's from Noelle's daycare and one woman is Nigerian. She chose to give her children traditional Nigerian names as their middle names and use Arabic names for their first, but that's because she was more "Americanized". When I was in school, my Nigerian friends had Nigerian names and we learned how to pronounce them...and guess what? All of them make more money than me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshyne View Post
The names I like (Shawn, Kevin, are two I like) dh has shot down. We simply cannot agree on a name. He likes "Angus" I thought he was joking but nope, he likes that name..I don't. There's no way it'll be Angus that's for sure.
See...he would have to go sit in the corner for that. LOL!

Urbanmama, I like your names too.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

December 2nd, 2011, 12:39 PM
kdrew88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our baby girl is named Tatum Elaine. Some like it and some don't. My sister doesn't like it but I kno wit will grow on her. DH and I have liked that name since we got married and we feel like it just fits for our baby girl.

Thank you Moonshyne for putting the veto on 'Angus'. Poor kid would be compared to a hamburger for the rest of his life. But who am I to talk when our little girl will be a 'tator tot'. Heehee!

First Time Mommy to Tatum Elaine born March 10th, 2012. 8 lbs, 9 oz, 21 inches long
December 2nd, 2011, 12:39 PM
I like Angus. How about Sean Angus? I like Sean, too. It is the Irish form of John, so it will be like he has 2 named after him.

And UM, you could go Jamaal. I think that is how the Cosby Kid spelled his, too. That is cute.
December 2nd, 2011, 12:53 PM
pixiedust012404's Avatar Lovin my baby girl
Our little girl will be Katelynn Jade. I don't really think there's much about it that anyone can really complain about, almost everyone that matters likes it. DH's sister likes the name but is P.Oed at us about it because we didn't let her use Isabella 5 years ago and now we aren't using it. Other than that, if anyone's had a prblem with it, they've kept it to themselves.

thank you jaidynsmum for my siggie!

December 2nd, 2011, 12:57 PM
Sean is cool but yeah I think I'd veto Angus too. I could see Angus being a male stripper though....

"alright ladies....its time for Grade A prime BEEF.....Angus!!!" lol
#12 is on the way
December 2nd, 2011, 02:09 PM
You are shameful.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search